2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

1 hour ago, UCThopeful said:

I bet CC notification early next week (11th is my bet) with the PSDM being posted the 7 days after. 

If anyone has a contact at their MPF/MPS, that is who gets it first. They then push it out to the Senior Raters for notification.

I’m exec-ing for a 3 star senior rater…nothing has come through the wickets yet.

I knew a person who had letter of rec from 3 star and a pcsm in the high 80s, a ppl and still didn’t get a pilot slot last year. I was under the impression that most people at a minimum had an O-6 endorsement… nevertheless, I hope we all have better odds this year haha 

25 minutes ago, Dart_21 said:

I knew a person who had letter of rec from 3 star and a pcsm in the high 80s, a ppl and still didn’t get a pilot slot last year. I was under the impression that most people at a minimum had an O-6 endorsement… nevertheless, I hope we all have better odds this year haha 

Well if an 0-6 LOR is the min my package never stood a chance. But it was not without trying. Hope I'm the outlier I guess lol.

15 minutes ago, BANDIT_K said:

Well if an 0-6 LOR is the min my package never stood a chance. But it was not without trying. Hope I'm the outlier I guess lol.

O-6 LOR min isn’t required… it’s just the feedback that my senior rater gave me before putting my package together 

3 minutes ago, Dart_21 said:

O-6 LOR min isn’t required… it’s just the feedback that my senior rater gave me before putting my package together 

FWIW I’d say it’s more about the content of the letter than the rank at the bottom.

While these boards can be brutally competitive a redeeming factor is that they’re looking at the whole person and not just a few data points.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Frank said:

FWIW I’d say it’s more about the content of the letter than the rank at the bottom.

While these boards can be brutally competitive a redeeming factor is that they’re looking at the whole person and not just a few data points.

I concur with this. Someone last year got selected with a 50 PCSM and in FY18 the lowest PCSM was a 20 for UPT. So many factors come into play that anyone has a chance no matter what their numbers look like.

Yeah It’s prob safe to say if nothing has leaked by this point on a Friday next week is looking like the week the eagle finally lands. 

Or after that as well. From prior experience until they update the page and or the PSDM drops im going to do my best to not think about it every 5 seconds… maybe every 5 minutes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

They had the winter storm last year and they were still able to work remotely and get everything out close to on track, so I think we will be good. The folks in the office down there at AFPC are pretty transparent so I will take them at their word.

Last year was almost a month past if I remember correctly…

I had a 3 star LOR for 3 OTS boards way back in the day and wasn’t selected

Just heard back from Mr H at AFPC. He said he briefed the AFPC/CC today and he certified the board results. Now he just needs approval for the PSDM from his bosses before releasing the results. Expecting next Tuesday or Wednesday for the release.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:24 PM, Arkbird said:

Definitely a whole person concept type of selection. I don't have the highest AFOQT scores but I think my LOR is decent and my personal letter I think is really good.

I am kind of in the same boat. I personally have been getting hung up on the posted stats for AFOQT pilot averages for the last few boards that seem to suggest it's super highly valued in selection, which is odd considering it's not even tracked for earlier boards. I feel like my PCSM is in range for selection but I am a fair bit below a mid 90's for the AFOQT pilot. I wonder if it's a common trait of those that get selected vice a key descriminator for selection. It seems like you can have an hours padded PCSM or a AFOQT padded PCSM and that the past few boards seem to be skewed towards the later. I guess we will find out soon enough! 

Edited by BackseatBallast
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bric said:

I am kind of in the same boat. I personally have been getting hung up on the posted stats for AFOQT pilot averages for the last few boards that seem to suggest it's super highly valued in selection, which is odd considering it's not even tracked for earlier boards. I feel like my PCSM is in range for selection but I am a fair bit below a mid 90's for the AFOQT pilot. I wonder if it's a common trait of those that get selected vice a key descriminator for selection. It seems like you can have an hours padded PCSM or a AFOQT padded PCSM and that the past few boards seem to be skewed towards the later. I guess we will find out soon enough though! 

Then let's hope we get our first choice. Maybe we can be the break from previous boards on extremely high AFOQT scores. My PCSM score is also in the range of selection but without my pilot score being high, I'm not sure how competitive I am.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Arkbird said:

Then let's hope we get our first choice. Maybe we can be the break from previous boards on extremely high AFOQT scores. My PCSM score is also in the range of selection but without my pilot score being high, I'm not sure how competitive I am.

I’m right with you bros my Pilot AFOQT scores aren’t the strongest. Miracles exist though. Both the Red Sox and the Cubs have won a World Series and Rocky beat Ivan Drago. So here’s to a handful of those for us lol🍻

• Like 6

I just listened to a podcast about UPT next, according to these guys, they can’t train pilots fast enough to compete with the shortage. Makes me think that everyone who wants to be a pilot would be able to get a slot. Any thoughts on shortages?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Init2 said:

I just listened to a podcast about UPT next, according to these guys, they can’t train pilots fast enough to compete with the shortage. Makes me think that everyone who wants to be a pilot would be able to get a slot. Any thoughts on shortages?

They can’t train pilots fast enough because the current facilities, planes and instructors aren’t enough. They are doing the most they can with what they have. No shortage of people wanting to be pilots. All we can hope is that since the total number of slots were down last year that they will make up for it this year!

• Like 4

@Dart_21 Hit the nail on the head. The pilot shortage has/will never be due to the lack of willing applicants. The shortage is from experienced pilot's punching out when they get the chance. I would love it if big blue decided to grant us all these coveted pilot slots in attempts to lessen the blow of the pilot shortage, but the reality is the pipeline can only handle so many studs at one time which is why there is always a quota we compete with. Last years board was one of the toughest due to COVID slowing the pipeline and the RUMINT here seems to indicate this board won't be as tough. But my buddies currently in UPT and fresh out have told me the pipeline is still pretty backed up. Only time will tell, and hopefully that time is this week!

According to UFT Portal site Mr. Hornburg stated Wednesday. That is for CC and MPF release. Public will be 7 days after that so if you don’t have a cool MPF or Commander you could be waiting until next week. He will update the portal page once he puts the PSDM on MyPers secure

Good luck to everyone!