2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Just hoping the results don't get delayed a month. I heard last year they took a long time to release. 

Last years released basically when it was anticipated, even with the Texas Storms. Their submission and board dates were a month after this years and they received results early/mid-Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, Arkbird said:

Nice! I'm hoping I get picked up but I'm not super hopeful based on past info/scores/strats. Rooting for you @BANDIT_K. Hope the new unit is treating you well! 

It’s all about that whole-person concept!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCThopeful said:

What were your scores if you don’t mind me asking?

Also, what all are you shooting for?

I don't remember off-hand but like 60s. I took the AFOQT back in like 2014 when I was first applying for OTS. My PCSM is an 80 though so that and my LOR/personal letter are my only saving grace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkbird said:

I don't remember off-hand but like 60s. I took the AFOQT back in like 2014 when I was first applying for OTS. My PCSM is an 80 though so that and my LOR/personal letter are my only saving grace.

On 12/28/2021 at 12:50 PM, Arkbird said:

Nice! I'm hoping I get picked up but I'm not super hopeful based on past info/scores/strats. Rooting for you @BANDIT_K. Hope the new unit is treating you well! 

Yeah I am a numbers guy and worry about the same thing. My big dilemma is deciding if I would accept my second choice if offered. I only debate it because I feel like I could have a great package by next year, but don’t want to get to old and miss all opportunities lol. I’m not much of a gambling man, so it’s hard!

This is my last chance for rated I believe so I will accept whatever they choose for me!  I started my dream a little late as I was a crew chief for 15 years before getting my commission.

2nd time applying and increased most of my scores through the RPP program which was a blast!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ZE14 said:

Good luck to all, this is my 2nd and last attempt too. If I don't get it this time I'm gonna sign the bonus for my current rated job and call it a day.

I may have one more chance to apply after this board but Itl be close to age limit. On a side note I’m Not trying to be the Debbie downer or bearer of bad news, and not sure which rated job you currently have, but rumor is at least for us RPA folk….that bonus is going away for those coming eligible in FY23. Now this is rumor mill intel so let’s all take it with a grain of salt. But more importantly let’s hope we all get picked up for whatever new job we are gunning for on this board! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BANDIT_K said:

I may have one more chance to apply after this board but Itl be close to age limit. On a side note I’m Not trying to be the Debbie downer or bearer of bad news, and not sure which rated job you currently have, but rumor is at least for us RPA folk….that bonus is going away for those coming eligible in FY23. Now this is rumor mill intel so let’s all take it with a grain of salt. But more importantly let’s hope we all get picked up for whatever new job we are gunning for on this board! 

Yeah I'm an RPA guy and heard that rumor too. I'm eligible for this bonus dropping here soon which should be fy22 if I'm not mistaken. But knowing my luck it'll go away too.

3 hours ago, OldmanUFT21 said:

Speaking of a bonus would there be an initial bonus for first time rated? I wouldn’t think there would be but I don’t know much about the bonus’s.

There isn't one for 1st time rated, just the bonus after your initial rated commitment if that year group/career field gets one.

• Like 1

Heh... And here I go trying to shackle myself for another 10. 

Truth, but don’t mistake the cynicism for aspects of it not being worth it. Everyone’s calculus is different, and may change over time. I have plenty of bros who were CSO types that managed UPT (and one even in RPA) slots that are enjoying it. The flying is definitely a highlight.
  • Like 2