2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Does anyone have any intel on how often someone lists CSO as #1 on the board? How much weight does the rank order have on the selection process? Does having CSO at number 1 put me over someone who has it at 2, but has a better package otherwise? I obviously am shooting for CSO due to various factors.

That's a really good question and unfortunately I don't have any insight.

I do wonder how they would weigh a highly qualified candidate that doesnt make the cut for a #1 pilot slot (with CSO #2) compared to someone who listed CSO #1.  It makes it even more difficult because it can be impossible to discern those that don't intend to accept anything other than pilot, potentially bumping folks out of CSO that had it listed number 1.  

But in two weeks our fates will be decided!  Sucks we have to wait another 2 months to find out haha. 

On 8/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, UFT2022applicant said:

I am curious, if you have an FC1 stamped approved, are you still required to go through MFS?  

First time applicant!  Only 6 short weeks until apps are due!

Yes, they will require you to go through MFS unless you are selected for ABM or CSO, or already received your FC1 at WP w/USAFSAM.

10 hours ago, Init2 said:

Assuming we all get something here, when do you expect to go to training?

It all depends on the training pipeline, age of the applicant, PPL/no PPL (for Pilot/RPA selects), etc. A lot of factors go into it. Most of my intel is from previous years threads and some people I personally know. 

There are some people who had nearly a year wait from selection to departing for their assignment at UPT. People who have a PPL have a higher likelihood of being put in an earlier class and in turn PCS before others. URT is all TDY from your current duty station for current AD members. UCT now does their own form of IFS at NAS Pensacola.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 12:16 PM, BANDIT_K said:

It is crazy to know that the selects are probably (mostly) selected at this moment. Been trying to apply for 4+ years now and finally got my app in so I’m grateful to be in the pool. Good luck to everyone! 

Now just the old hurry up and wait game. 

21 hours ago, BANDIT_K said:

Not too bad now. Ask me come February when the list hasn’t been released and the CC still hasn’t called me into his office lol. 

Ay we’re all gonna make it! Ya just gotta believe 🛫

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:57 PM, Init2 said:

I read through last years thread, it seems like we could potentially start seeing some results in the next week or two. Maybe they'll try and release results before Christmas since they're such nice and accommodating people.

🤪

Hopefully!  I got the notice my TFCS waiver was approved 16 Nov.  The email said to expect results from the board mid-Jan '22.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...