2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have to admit I am very new to this forum. I have a bit of a predicament and I was hoping you could help me outline the process from start to finish from a civ applicant. 

I just contacted a USAF recruiter but basically I was picked up by the Navy for a pilot, got through to OCS and at the end of OCS after getting my flight physical signed off on, they advised they think I have mild eye issue but the USN has no waivers for people in the pipeline. Long story short there was only one option for me and it wasn't flying, or even aviation, so I separated administratively as my goal is to fly in the service. As of 12/2020, the USAF has a waiver process. I passed all other flight requirements, and am working on getting my eye issue verbally cleared before jumping after this and wasting time, but I was curious as to the process. Do the boards meet quarterly like the Navy? Is the flight contract guarantee pending medical clearance? Do you get a flight physical in Dayton BEFORE you go to OTS? I apologize for asking here, but I couldn't post a new thread and this seemed like the most relevant one? Mind you this all happened in the last 6 months. 

Thank you,

Hey @Tstark0816 this is the forum for those currently in active duty USAF looking for information on the active duty UFT board. I do know that there is no active duty UPT board for civilians trying to join the Air Force this year. I don't think I can answer any of your other questions.

• 1 month later...

For you second time UPT applicants, what did you put in your remarks section on the 215 for declining the first time? Was it a simple “I wanted pilot” type of response, or did you fill in the entire block trying to sell yourself for pilot again like an addition to your personal statement?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, UFT2022applicant said:

I am curious, if you have an FC1 stamped approved, are you still required to go through MFS?  

First time applicant!  Only 6 short weeks until apps are due!

I do believe this is the case. Correct me if I am wrong or if anyone else has seen differently. Mine says "FCI approved pending completion of MFS"

Edited by Av8

19 hours ago, Av8 said:

I do believe this is the case. Correct me if I am wrong or if anyone else has seen differently. Mine says "FCI approved pending completion of MFS"

You are referring to the stamp on the DD2808 right?  My stamp simply says "Medically Qualified for: FC1 (w/ waiver)" by HQ AFRS/RSG

Wasn't sure if that was the standard stamp or if some DD2808s come with that extra stipulation.  (Or I am looking in the wrong spot)  Either way thanks for the help.  Roughly 1-month out from submission!

7 hours ago, UFT2022applicant said:

You are referring to the stamp on the DD2808 right?  My stamp simply says "Medically Qualified for: FC1 (w/ waiver)" by HQ AFRS/RSG

Wasn't sure if that was the standard stamp or if some DD2808s come with that extra stipulation.  (Or I am looking in the wrong spot)  Either way thanks for the help.  Roughly 1-month out from submission!

Yep, on my 2808 it says "pending successful completion of MFS-N" 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 8:43 AM, CoolCar said:

For you second time UPT applicants, what did you put in your remarks section on the 215 for declining the first time? Was it a simple “I wanted pilot” type of response, or did you fill in the entire block trying to sell yourself for pilot again like an addition to your personal statement?

I am not a second time applicant, but it couldn’t hurt to use as much space as you have available. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you turn down? It seems inconsistent on how many times you can deny a selection and still apply, so I was curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this article today

https://www.aetc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2781071/air-force-refines-pilot-candidate-selection-process-in-support-of-rated-diversi/

Biggest impact to my application is that I have well over 60 hours flying. This says 60 hours will be the new max for PCSM. I am trying to get answers on if this will go into effect before this years AD board. Let me know if anyone has info.  

On 9/12/2021 at 8:44 AM, That_Guy said:

I am not a second time applicant, but it couldn’t hurt to use as much space as you have available. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you turn down? It seems inconsistent on how many times you can deny a selection and still apply, so I was curious. 

I turned CSO down

• Downvote 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, Yodes said:

Anyone know if you need an ETP if you denied flying training? The application doesn’t mention it but when I went to submit my application online it said I needed one.

I have had quite a few things I wasn't sure on and I reached out to AFPC directly.  He usually gets back to me within a day which is great.  

Submitted as well. Every time I see the email that says "UFT Board [Incident #" I get a little worried haha, but all seems to be good so far.

Does anyone know if they are skipping straight through your career field's opinion this year, or does your career field still get to decide if they will release you for training? I remember a few years back they told all CFMs they didn't have a choice and had to release someone if they were picked up.

3 hours ago, Av8 said:

Submitted as well. Every time I see the email that says "UFT Board [Incident #" I get a little worried haha, but all seems to be good so far.

Does anyone know if they are skipping straight through your career field's opinion this year, or does your career field still get to decide if they will release you for training? I remember a few years back they told all CFMs they didn't have a choice and had to release someone if they were picked up.

My career field managers said they'd work with afpc to release us if we got accepted. I'm also already rated so we have talks about this pretty often. 

2 hours ago, That_Guy said:

I wish they released the numbers before the board to give an idea of our chances! 

Me too but it seems the requirements are always changing.

8 hours ago, Init2 said:

I was just told 1-2 weeks. Is that not right? The wait is killing me. 

No, they aren't even meeting the board until mid November. The document they released said it will be public in January, but commanders should know a week before.