2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

42 minutes ago, UCThopeful said:

Based on the info I was passed on public release, since they are awaiting a meeting later this week with folks at the top to bless everything. 

After reading the email again, based on meeting with the folks later this week it could be possible for CC release towards the end of the week. Knowing how the AF works, I think early next week is more likely.

6 hours ago, UCThopeful said:

Anyone hear any whispers or rumors on when CC's will be notified? We are about 7 days before the expected mid-Jan release.

It is supposed to be briefed to the commander this week with the document being released next week unless it is delayed.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Init2 said:

I’m not sure who’s more anxious at this point, me or my spouse lol

My wife is going stir crazy over this and on top of that we're on the summer VML, a lot of what ifs. But I'm getting an assignment one way or another at the end of the month.

Edited by ZE14

17 minutes ago, ZE14 said:

My wife is going stir crazy over this and on top of that we're on the summer VML, a lot of what ifs. But I'm getting an assignment one way or another at the end of the month.

Have others in your current AFSC received assignments? If they have that is likely a good sign since the assignments team receive the OM from the board to help in making determinations of who will be released.

I know a guy who has had all of his peers receive assignments for the Summer VML, but he has not. It seems that the reason being is due to possible selection.

1 hour ago, UCThopeful said:

Have others in your current AFSC received assignments? If they have that is likely a good sign since the assignments team receive the OM from the board to help in making determinations of who will be released.

I know a guy who has had all of his peers receive assignments for the Summer VML, but he has not. It seems that the reason being is due to possible selection.

To my knowledge nobody has gotten an assignment yet.  In the past my functionals have taken awhile to get assignments out.

10 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Exactly how I feel! Do you think you have a strong shot at getting UCT since most people put pilot as number one?

Yeah, I feel my odds are pretty solid. I had my rank order: CSO, ABM, RPA and Pilot. Qualified for all, but with the ability for me to retire in less than 10 years I like to keep my options open. I also worked for a CSO and ABM previously and drank all of the kool-aid. I was 1 of 1 out of my Wing, my AFOQT scores are decent and the whole package should def be competitive for CSO or ABM. Knowing that the rank order holds significant weight helps as well since they want to push people into career fields that want to do it, instead of pushing people who put CSO number 4 into it knowing that they will likely decline it. 

I had to get a ETP for age and was approved for all Rated Career Fields and would be more than happy to go to the operational world in ANY AFSC. This was a major factor in putting CSO and ABM 1 and 2 as well. I have a 64 PCSM and do not have a PPL so I know that puts me below those who are usually selected for Pilot already. 

• Thanks 1

FY19 had about the same timeline and they heard by now. But yeah, I assume by next Friday we’ll hear something too.

Someone posed the question on the UFT page on the portal so hopefull they’ll let us know there. 

I just checked the rated assignments page on the portal and there were no updates. Someone had also asked on 5 Jan if there were any updates on the release but they haven’t gotten a response back…Looking like it’s gonna be a long weekend 

27 minutes ago, Dart_21 said:

I just checked the rated assignments page on the portal and there were no updates. Someone had also asked on 5 Jan if there were any updates on the release but they haven’t gotten a response back…Looking like it’s gonna be a long weekend 

Yeah It’s prob safe to say if nothing has leaked by this point on a Friday next week is looking like the week the eagle finally lands. 

2 hours ago, ZE14 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if COVID delays it, Randolph is starting to get hit hard.

They had the winter storm last year and they were still able to work remotely and get everything out close to on track, so I think we will be good. The folks in the office down there at AFPC are pretty transparent so I will take them at their word.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UCThopeful said:

They had the winter storm last year and they were still able to work remotely and get everything out close to on track, so I think we will be good. The folks in the office down there at AFPC are pretty transparent so I will take them at their word.

fair point