ARB + Medical Approval?

Hi guys,

I am a sister service convert and require an aeronautical ratings board. I’m familiar with the process after reading reading the AFMAN and some other gouge online. I built my packet and it’s approved by the Wing CC.

My HARM office is now convinced that the ARB requires a medical approval letter from NGB before we can submit the ARB. My approved FC1 is already in the packet. Does anyone know if there is an additional medical approval required and what it is for? Does anyone have any ARB POCs that I can pose this question to?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Things are always changing at NGB. I went thru the process coming from the Army rated side back in 2018-19. I had an FC1 in August of 2018 but not sure if the approved FC1 is what NGB needs of something else from the SG at NGB. We submitted my packet and it was almost 9 months until I was able to get ARB approval. 

Couple of things that could help you... or hurt you. If you have been gained my your new AF unit, request school dates so that you can put pressure on NGB/A3 to approve the ARB (they will put priority of your paperwork if you have school dates). If you don't have school dates or have been gained by the unit, they will somewhat put you at the bottom of the pile. Lots of bros from USMC / Nav that go direct to PTX have priority over dirty ole army guys that have to attend some kind of UPT / PIQ... not sure what case you are in. My unit didn't want to gain me until I had ARB approval. I know of another guy that was gained prior to ARB approval to a temp non-rated position for the sole purpose of being able to request school dates. I did make some contacts at NGB/A3 but I think those folks have moved on to other jobs. 

Good Luck. Cheers 

Things are always changing at NGB. I went thru the process coming from the Army rated side back in 2018-19. I had an FC1 in August of 2018 but not sure if the approved FC1 is what NGB needs of something else from the SG at NGB. We submitted my packet and it was almost 9 months until I was able to get ARB approval. 
Couple of things that could help you... or hurt you. If you have been gained my your new AF unit, request school dates so that you can put pressure on NGB/A3 to approve the ARB (they will put priority of your paperwork if you have school dates). If you don't have school dates or have been gained by the unit, they will somewhat put you at the bottom of the pile. Lots of bros from USMC / Nav that go direct to PTX have priority over dirty ole army guys that have to attend some kind of UPT / PIQ... not sure what case you are in. My unit didn't want to gain me until I had ARB approval. I know of another guy that was gained prior to ARB approval to a temp non-rated position for the sole purpose of being able to request school dates. I did make some contacts at NGB/A3 but I think those folks have moved on to other jobs. 
Good Luck. Cheers 

CharlieHotel, thanks! That’s great insight. I’ll talk to my unit to see if we can craft some options or if I can drive that train in an expedited direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app