Apparently blues are no longer an authorized uniform

I’m separating from the AF (not going reserves/guard) within the month, and I planned on just wearing short sleeve blues for my last few days of work/outprocessing instead of shelling out three or four hundred on OCP’s that I’ll wear for two weeks.  Got told today that I’ll need to be in OCP’s ASAP and that I can’t wear blues (even though I work in an office type environment every day).  Their reason was that you have to have OCP’s in the IRR.  

I don’t know, perhaps I’m a cheap/stubborn bastard.  But it’s almost like leadership has no common sense these days.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd take that one to court-martial. 

Borrow OCPs from a friend for the last couple days...name tape on order. Under no circumstances would I spend a dollar of my own money on that shit, on principle alone. 

Buy a boot from the local CVS and out process in PT gear... Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I’m separating from the AF (not going reserves/guard) within the month, and I planned on just wearing short sleeve blues for my last few days of work/outprocessing instead of shelling out three or four hundred on OCP’s that I’ll wear for two weeks.  Got told today that I’ll need to be in OCP’s ASAP and that I can’t wear blues (even though I work in an office type environment every day).  Their reason was that you have to have OCP’s in the IRR.  

I don’t know, perhaps I’m a cheap/stubborn bastard.  But it’s almost like leadership has no common sense these days.  

Is this a joke?  Did they reference an AFI/AFMAN?  If not, then I would continue to wear your blues and allow them to report your uniform wear to your leadership.  And if they’re not going to provide you the necessary support, you then let your leadership know and why.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Is this a joke?  Did they reference an AFI/AFMAN?  If not, then I would continue to wear your blues and allow them to report your uniform wear to your leadership.  And if they’re not going to provide you the necessary support, you then let your leadership know and why.

For real.

It was actually my leadership that had the problem with it - my supervisor didn’t care. Unfortunately I’m in one of those units that I’m sure would probably article 15 me or withhold a dec if I kept wearing blues.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

For real.

It was actually my leadership that had the problem with it - my supervisor didn’t care. Unfortunately I’m in one of those units that I’m sure would probably article 15 me or withhold a dec if I kept wearing blues.

You’re getting out—I would just keep doing it and ask in the regulations where it says you cannot.  

This sounds fishy. They didn’t give you 4 pairs of OCP’s like they should have? Pretty sure the entire Air Force issued everyone OCP’s long before the April 1st deadline.

https://www.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2557274/reserve-component-receives-exception-to-uniform-policy/

In a memo signed on March 28 by Lt. Gen. Brian Kelly, Air Force deputy chief of staff for manpower, personnel and services, the Air Force cited funding challenges and stresses in the domestic textile industry to COVID-19 as reasons for the exception to policy. The memo grants authority to allow ARC personnel to wear the Airman Battle Uniform beyond the Air Force’s mandatory wear date when units are unable to obtain the required OCP inventory.

ETA: say your nametapes are on order, usually a 2-3 week turnaround anyways through AAFES...

Why do you have an IRR commitment anyway? Thought your IRR commitment was served concurrent to additional ADSC's once you fulfilled your initial commissioning ADSC. 

4 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Why do you have an IRR commitment anyway? Thought your IRR commitment was served concurrent to additional ADSC's once you fulfilled your initial commissioning ADSC. 

I’m not rated so I still have a little time left.

23 minutes ago, tlaw99 said:

This sounds fishy. They didn’t give you 4 pairs of OCP’s like they should have? Pretty sure the entire Air Force issued everyone OCP’s long before the April 1st deadline.

If they did I certainly didn’t get any.  I thought officers always had to buy everything.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Just go to the surplus store and pick up two pairs of pants and one blouse, not sure this a battle you want to fight this close to the end.

• Upvote 3
21 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Just go to the surplus store and pick up two pairs of pants and one blouse,

I would but I’m at a small base that doesn’t have any kind of airman’s attic.  I’m going to see if I can get away with leaving the tags on the expensive pieces and return them when I’m done.  

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I would but I’m at a small base that doesn’t have any kind of airman’s attic.  I’m going to see if I can get away with leaving the tags on the expensive pieces and return them when I’m done.  

You ain't kidding, your cheap.

• Haha 1

I’d make your leadership prove to you in the regs, book, chapter and verse, where you’re not allowed to wear your blues and are REQUIRED to wear OCPs instead.

The fact that they would even hint at threatening you with an art 15 over something like that is laughable — sounds like your classic bitch ass leader who isn’t respected and can’t get anything accomplished without making a threat. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Tiger said:

For real.

I'd take that one to court-martial. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
24 minutes ago, WheelsOff said:

I’d make your leadership prove to you in the regs, book, chapter and verse, where you’re not allowed to wear your blues and are REQUIRED to wear OCPs instead.

The fact that they would even hint at threatening you with an art 15 over something like that is laughable — sounds like your classic bitch ass leader who isn’t respected and can’t get anything accomplished without making a threat. 

I’ll probably bite the bullet but it’s definitely going to be something I mention in my outbrief with my leadership when they ask me about how to “improve” the unit.

3 minutes ago, Homestar said:

this unit doesn't strike me as the introspective type.....

Funny you mention that.  Just yesterday our  CC and shirt were talking about how they’re very “transparent” and “eager” to hear new ideas from squadron members.

• Haha 1

Borrow OCPs from a friend for the last couple days...name tape on order. Under no circumstances would I spend a dollar of my own money on that shit, on principle alone. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, you would be a complete DA to buy any part of that uniform with less than a month left. I wouldn't do it if I had 6 months left, much less as short as you are.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, brabus said:

GIF

• Upvote 1