Apparently blues are no longer an authorized uniform

Pro tip: 50% of folks just use the Velcro for tapes and rank. Borrow one set and use Velcro. All you have to buy is the actual name tapes.

Edited by frog
  • Like 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd take that one to court-martial. 

Borrow OCPs from a friend for the last couple days...name tape on order. Under no circumstances would I spend a dollar of my own money on that shit, on principle alone. 

Buy a boot from the local CVS and out process in PT gear... Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

On 4/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, Prosuper said:

Just go to the surplus store and pick up two pairs of pants and one blouse, not sure this a battle you want to fight this close to the end.

Power move if he/she does..

I'd just go in blues. 

You're getting out.  What are they going to do, keep you in?  

Reminds me of my last days of active duty.  I was stationed with the Navy on a Navy base and some random MSgt (from the closest AF unit a base over...about an hour drive away) emailed and called multiple times saying I needed to come by his office for him to sign something on my out-processing checklist.  I legitimately didn't know what or why he thought he needed to sign my out-processing checklist and I legitimately didn't care.  It turns out, my last day of active duty came and went without it.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ARAMP1 said:

I'd just go in blues. 

Reminds me of my last days of active duty.  I was stationed with the Navy on a Navy base and some random MSgt (from the closest AF unit a base over...about an hour drive away) emailed and called multiple times saying I needed to come by his office for him to sign something on my out-processing checklist.  I legitimately didn't know what or why he thought he needed to sign my out-processing checklist and I legitimately didn't care.  It turns out, my last day of active duty came and went without it.  

They can make it harder, but they can't make it longer. 

Or so I'm told. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, ARAMP1 said:

I'd just go in blues. 

Remember out processing checklists for a deployment having drive all over base to get signatures. We fixed that by getting together in the break room and everybody signing a separate box on the checklist. Went through the deployment line without a hitch. What would they do, keep us from deploying?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Found out from a friend that the SQ superintendent saw me not wearing OCP’s and went and complained to the commander, so the CC yielded and said I need to be in OCP’s.

24 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Found out from a friend that the SQ superintendent saw me not wearing OCP’s and went and complained to the commander, so the CC yielded and said I need to be in OCP’s.

Honestly, you're getting out in a few weeks, what are they going to do to you?  No way I'd spend money for a uniform for just a few weeks...hell I've never even paid for a uniform that wasn't reimbursed. 

Just now, SocialD said:

Honestly, you're getting out in a few weeks, what are they going to do to you?  No way I'd spend money for a uniform for just a few weeks...hell I've never even paid for a uniform that wasn't reimbursed. 

I already borrowed from a friend.  I just think the whole thing is funny.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Does nobody ask, "Is this shit really worth your or my time?"

I've saved so much time in by asking this question, and getting my subordinates to ask it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Does nobody ask, "Is this shit really worth your or my time?"

I still have to do SAPR, Cyber Awareness and had to sit through "extremism" training...so I guess the answer to that question is No.  

Edited by SocialD
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Been a member of the check of the month club for 14 days now and I don’t miss that bs at all. I did a lot of ignoring stupid bs my last few months before retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

...and I was honored to have midnight chow with him on his last day in a flight suit.

You sure you don’t wanna go grab one more Bulgogi at Checkertails?

Congrats and I hope to join you on the other side soon!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

...and I was honored to have midnight chow with him on his last day in a flight suit.

Omg I'd fucking knife a mother fucker for a Fangs Out pizza right now! 

Congrats Herk! 

• Like 1

Their bulgogi was surprisingly good, but that bulgogi food truck in front of the BX was awesome. Too bad they didn’t cater to us night shift bubbas.

Enjoyed it Scooter and hope all goes well on your sandbox trip! Looking good on the other side stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1