What will my PCSM score increase to if I increase my AFOQT pilot score?

1st AFOQT Pilot Score: 87

1st PCSM Score: 83 @ 101-200 hour bracket....87 @ 201+ hours

Post Retake of the TBAS without a change in flight hours: 89 @ 101-200 hour bracket....93 @ 201+hours

For the guys that have retaken the AFOQT and have improved their AFOQT Pilot section, what did see for an increase in your PCSM score?

What is a fair expectation of my PCSM score increase if I raise the AFOQT Pilot let's say to 90 or a 95? 

Also any pointers or words of advice to help increase the AFOQT pilot score would be appreciated.... I'm in the process of studying for a retake and I'm open for any suggestions.

Thanks!

How did you do on the table reading and inst comp? Something that really helped me when I took the AFOQT is seeing that guys were getting 40/40 on the table reading. This helped cause at first I thought that there was no way to finish it in the allotted time but after seeing others do it it made me push harder to the point were I was consistently finishing it. If you can get 40/40 on the table reading and 25/25 on the inst comp then you will be setting yourself up for a great score.

17 hours ago, UPTapplicant96 said:

1st AFOQT Pilot Score: 87

1st PCSM Score: 83 @ 101-200 hour bracket....87 @ 201+ hours

Post Retake of the TBAS without a change in flight hours: 89 @ 101-200 hour bracket....93 @ 201+hours

For the guys that have retaken the AFOQT and have improved their AFOQT Pilot section, what did see for an increase in your PCSM score?

What is a fair expectation of my PCSM score increase if I raise the AFOQT Pilot let's say to 90 or a 95? 

Also any pointers or words of advice to help increase the AFOQT pilot score would be appreciated.... I'm in the process of studying for a retake and I'm open for any suggestions.

Thanks!

Pasting in a comment I made in a thread a few years back.

"I retook my AFOQT and my pilot score went from an 81 to 98 and my PCSM score jumped from a 65 with 21 hours of flight time to a 77 with 21 hours of flight time."

To summarize, my pilot score increased by 17 and my PCSM increased by 12, flight hours constant. 

50 minutes ago, UPTapplicant96 said:

You rocked the retake on the AFOQT man...thanks for sharing...I'll share my results on this thread when I retake...gunning for the end of April to give myself a month to take practice tests. 

I practiced the table reading a lot because those feel like 40 free points to me. When practicing, make sure to account for the time it takes to fill in the bubble sheet! That takes almost as long as actually finding the answer. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Posting an update for anyone that has a similar question in the future. Below are my new scores after retaking both the TBAS and AFOQT. 

INITIAL SCORES:

1st AFOQT Pilot Score: 87

1st PCSM Score: 83 @ 101-200 hour bracket....87 @ 201+ hours

RETAKE SCORES:

2nd AFOQT Pilot Score: 93

2nd PCSM Score: 93 @ 101-200 hour bracket...96 @ 201+ hours

Highly recommend retaking if it is available to you.

Edited by UPTapplicant96
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...