Sun n Fun, 2021

HuggyU2

I've never been.  If you have experience recently there, any advice on getting there?

- TPA and MCO are the best bet for flying in commercial?

I found a hotel about 4 miles from the airport.  Better suggestions? 

Anything else of note?

Those airports or Sanford if you are trying to save some money. I’ve been a few times but flew in GA so haven’t stayed there. If you can make a friend or know someone, watching the airshow/aircraft flying in and out under the wing of someone’s plane is the best spot. Not sure what covid rules have affected though.

16 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I've never been.  If you have experience recently there, any advice on getting there?

- TPA and MCO are the best bet for flying in commercial?

I found a hotel about 4 miles from the airport.  Better suggestions? 

Anything else of note?

I was thinking about flying down, fly into VPS and you can fly with me.  Wait, the ORM for two old guys might be off the chart.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I was thinking about flying down, fly into VPS and you can fly with me.  Wait, the ORM for two old guys might be off the chart.

"Investigation reports MP1 was heard to say to MP2, Hey, watch this!"

• Haha 2

Normally the hotels are booked up pretty far out so 4 miles away is not bad at all.  

As far as airports I'd just go with which ever has the better flight for your schedule (MCO/TPA).  SFB would add another hour to the drive.  

Overall similar vibes to Oshkosh.  There is no beer tent like there is right outside of Oshkosh but sometimes people will throw parties on the grounds after hours.  If you go on vansairforce it will just be a bunch of old dudes complaining about how they have to walk really far from homebuilt camping.  

Are you going to Oshkosh this year?

Its a good thing the show is happening, here in the blue states virtually all airshows have either been pushed back again (i.e. DM) or cancelled altogether

Edited by Sketch