United 777-200 Engine Failure and Dropping Parts All Over Colorado

ClearedHot

• M2 changed the title to United 777-200 Engine Failure and Dropping Parts All Over Colorado
3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

That controller was DETERMINED to help him.  Three times he said we need to run some checklists.

If you haven’t heard these LiveATC recordings before...they are usually truncated and the transcripts aren’t real time. Not saying that’s true of this one, but helps when trying to build the mental framework for timing and sequence of events. 

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

But did they have their masks on?

I think you're talking about the flight crew, but I've seen comments on Facebook links to this article where people are scolding the individuals on the ground where the pieces fell for not having masks on. 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, kaputt said:

I think you're talking about the flight crew, but I've seen comments on Facebook links to this article where people are scolding the individuals on the ground where the pieces fell for not having masks on. 🤦‍♂️

Why am I not surprised.  But yes my joke was directed at the crew.  

4 hours ago, JBueno said:

People gonna people.

Karen's gonna Karen. 

4 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

I mean Boeing didn’t make the engine, so..

We know that, but public perception is that the issue is with a Boeing jet. And coupled with the 737 MAX issues, it's the last thing Boeing needs right now. 

• Sad 1

I'm brand new to the 777, and the F/O on this flight out of Denver was on both of my international IOE trips a while back.  Absolutely stellar airline pilot and a good shit.  I hope he gets the accolades he deserves.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 6