How am I going to charge my electric car?

arg

The gas shortage that wasn't.  Panic buying caused long lines but there wasn't really a supply problem.  People lose their minds based on sensational news stories.  Anecdotally, my uncle just drove home through 3 of the states states that were "most hit."  Aside from spending a few extra minutes in line (panic buying), he didn't have a problem getting gas.  He noted a few gas stations appeared to be out of gas, but hell, I saw that in Tennessee driving home during spring break this year. 

I remember on the evening of 9/11, even in my podunk town (pop. ~900), our lone gas station had a line of nearly 100 cars.  This same thing has played out numerous times since, and so far they've all ended up a nothing burger.  So far...because I acknowledge the reports that our infrastructure is vulnerable and I'm hoping IT (or government) spending will be going up soon for our those companies. 

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 1

They hacked one pipeline company and managed a gas shortage on the entire east coast...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

And your point is? That doesn’t change that our electric grid and most other infrastructure are just as vulnerable. In 2003 a software bug at one control room took out electricity for most of the northeast US and Canada.

They hacked one pipeline company and managed a gas shortage on the entire east coast...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

2003 there was a power outage across a swath of the Greatlakes//Canada/NY region of the country as the result of a software bug in a single company causing a cascade across the grid.

Some people lost power as little as 2 hours, others didn’t get it back for 4 days... People were sleeping on roofs in certain cities because it also happened to be the middle of August.

You don’t think a cyber attack couldn’t achieve that or greater?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting 

Edit My 97 7.3 Powerstroke got 14mpg pulling a trailer, combined weight 23,000. I'm surprised the Dodge got less than ten pulling that trailer.

Edited by arg
Because