RPA Pilot Next Pipeline

Aetc recently did a podcast about it recommend checking it out 

https://www.aetc.af.mil/News/Article/2205699/rpa-training-next-on-latest-the-air-force-starts-here-podcast/

or you can read more about it here 

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2020/06/22/ai-infused-training-coming-for-drone-pilots-sensor-ops/#:~:text=The Air Force is expanding,Force's Pilot Training Next program.

in short, it does nothing to address legitimate grievances in the pipeline. What it’s trying to do though, is be more integrated with sensors and shorten the pipeline even further for “competent” students. 

also the program was tabled do to covid shenanigans in 12th AF with regards to RPAs: so once there done fully un-f*cking it it may return.

Edited by theoriginalturk

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, URTHopeful2021 said:

Looked the course up in ETCA and the training outline alludes to actual flight time and not just improved sims--anyone have gouge to confirm or deny this? 

I looked it up also, UP7AA, it looks like its 12 weeks, should be an increased blending of Pilot/Sensor time. 

also by your namesake, are you shooting for AD or ANG/RES for RPA?

3 hours ago, RPApilotSelectMSgt said:

Nice, well hopefully you get what your looking for. have you already been selected for OTS?

Yea I am already commissioned. Doing the active duty rated board that allows non-rated members to apply rated. Trying to gauge what the pipeline will be like towing the fam with. 

20 hours ago, URTHopeful2021 said:

Yea I am already commissioned. Doing the active duty rated board that allows non-rated members to apply rated. Trying to gauge what the pipeline will be like towing the fam with. 

Any thoughts on the ANG? i know of a RPA unit looking for a already commissioned person to fill an RPA pilot slot.

• Like 1

IMHO Guard RPA is a significantly better gig than active duty RPA. I have only done the former in the unmanned world although I flew manned on active duty.

Happy to discuss if people have different opinions or want to know why I think that’s the case. 

• 3 weeks later...