Sriwijaya Air Flight 182

ImNotARobot

I've flown Garuda and Lion Air (in 2019) and lived... Kinda hard to avoid when you have to fly between multiple islands for work.

Edited by stract

Yeah, I can see that. The FedEx pilots living out near/at HKG have similar issues. Simply not possible to avoid in some cases. There is a list of approved airlines the company is allowed to use though; a lot of these smaller national airlines are excluded from the approved list.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:27 PM, HuggyU2 said:

How was the experience?

Garuda was great.  14 hr flight between AMS and Jakarta, and hour flights between Jakarta and Pekanbaru/Surabaya.  Funnily enough, *I* got spatial D'd on takeoff from Surabaya just looking out the window because it was pitch black and immediately feet wet.  All cultural lighting was behind us.  I had to close the shade, lol.

Lion Air was fine, but the flight attendents were wearing flip flops basically.  Not great in an emergency egress situ, I wouldn't think.  We had to have our POC in country purchase our tix for this flight (Pekanbaru to Surabaya), because the corporate travel company wasn't allowed to.  It was a daytime flight and wx was SCT.

• Like 1