AFOQT Super Scores

Kmike

I saw a couple of forum post on Reddit about the Airforce recently allowing AFOQT Super Scores, meaning that if you do a retake they will take the higher scores between your original attempt and your 2nd attempt. Reddit forums seem to show conflicting information as some say super scores only apply if you fail verbal and/or quant and will only be applied to those sections. Others forums seem to imply that it applies to all sections. Does anybody know how these AFOQT super scores work?

Here's a link to the Reddit post for reference: Can the AFOQT be super scored? : airforceots (reddit.com)

Thanks!

The AFOQT quantitative and verbal scores always use the highest, no matter if you passed or failed the first attempt.

Rated boards always use the most recent score, even if it's worse than the first one.

Does that help?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Kmike said:

Thanks for the reply Pawnman. Is this something new or has it been like this for years? I saw a few post talking about super scores being something new (starting in 2019). 

I'm honestly not sure.  I just found out about it in July when I started as an ROTC instructor.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RPApilotSelectMSgt said:

The Super Score started this summer. If you take it a second time it will take all your higher scores as the score, not the lastest test taken score. It will benefit all.

That’s Great news!! Just to clarify does that apply for all the score categories?

12 hours ago, RPApilotSelectMSgt said:

The Super Score started this summer. If you take it a second time it will take all your higher scores as the score, not the lastest test taken score. It will benefit all.

Again...this only applies to the verbal and quantitative, like you said in your follow up.  You can't have a score that qualifies you to be an officer then subsequently become unqualified due to a retake.

For RATED career fields, they will always use the LATEST score in that category.  PCSM will use your most recent pilot score, CSO boards will use your most recent Nav score, and ABM boards will use your most recent ABM score, even if it's lower than your first test.