The Purge Pt 2 is coming

08Dawg

A lot of tough talk on “Accelerate Change or Lose,” to Russia and China yet waste time on this PC BS.  AF leadership is probably just trying to preemptively toe the line with one of the many “priorities” of the incoming administration. 

Probably so as to leading the turn with the new administration.

If a somewhat sterile and strictly professional culture is what is required now due to where the overall culture is then so be it, state that plainly and clearly and don’t try to pretend your still keeping the old traditions and culture. It’s just awkward and depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet that as Clark said, this is a self-protection insurance measure from the future admin.  That way the SecAF can immediately say "Ma'am, we're already on it, I have the fun police scouring the AF as we speak."

In general, if you're going to get a punishment, better to be from your immediate commander than from his boss's boss.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, 08Dawg said:

But perfectly acceptable to sell at the BX. 

Playboy, Penthouse, and other titty mags back in the day. They even sold that chick mag with dudes in it.

I guess MX and Cop Sq's will comply also, but they were never issued morale anything to begin with. Old Soviet saying, hows the new boss? Same as the old boss.

Edited by Prosuper
content

18 hours ago, mightymighty said:

So does this mean they'll finally do something about this?

They did, I think social media pressure actually got them off their asses...

image.png.b9a230b11335009129d9dfcddb61f46a.png

Though they don't seem to have an easily accessible high quality version. Seems like they wanted to make the correction quietly... looks like vipers to me

• Upvote 3

well, airline pencil tabs got MAGNUM'd out here today. Not an airline guy, but considering the bent of the SECAF letter was the presumed liability of whatever ethno/race-identifying historical patches were still in presumed circulation, homing-on-jam on the airline/"outside agencies" thing was the weirdest flex to say the least. 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, hindsight2020 said:

well, airline pencil tabs got MAGNUM'd out here today. Not an airline guy, but considering the bent of the SECAF letter was the presumed liability of whatever ethno/race-identifying historical patches were still in presumed circulation, homing-on-jam on the airline/"outside agencies" thing was the weirdest flex to say the least. 🤷‍♂️

Cowardly

Well, there really is enough airline stuff going on in the squadron already.  There's nothing else anyone in the unit can come up with to put on the tab that's better?  

On 1/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, SocialD said:

Lol, that's kind of a running joke on our base.  Illegal to have alcohol on base, but it's perfectly fine for the shopette to sell it.  

That's just for us retirees...

6 hours ago, Longhorn15 said:

Illegal to have alcohol on base? Where is that happening?

Certain Guard bases.  It has to do with our facilities being state grounds and alcohol not being permitted on state property.  I don't believe it's every state, but I've been Guest help in two other states that have the same rules.  It seems to highly depend on who TAG is at the time.  If TAG is Army, then it tends to be a higher priority to enforce...

15 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Certain Guard bases.  It has to do with our facilities being state grounds and alcohol not being permitted on state property.  I don't believe it's every state, but I've been Guest help in two other states that have the same rules.  It seems to highly depend on who TAG is at the time.  If TAG is Army, then it tends to be a higher priority to enforce...

The Washington ANG can’t have booze in their buildings on Fairchild because of some incident the Washington NG did eons ago.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, brwwg&b said:

They did, I think social media pressure actually got them off their asses...

image.png.b9a230b11335009129d9dfcddb61f46a.png

Though they don't seem to have an easily accessible high quality version. Seems like they wanted to make the correction quietly... looks like vipers to me

I wrote them and got a draft of the proposed new emblem. Not approved yet but in coordination. 

CD64EF33-660B-45F2-99B4-8039C994B068.pdf

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FLEA said:

Wow.... And just like that my fantasies of how awesome the guard is were broken. 

It does have it's upsides.  Having a bar off base makes for much more fun times than one on base.

44 minutes ago, brabus said:

And you’re crazy if you think there aren’t creative solutions out there...

This!

3 hours ago, brabus said:

It’s still a thousand times better than AD, despite the bullshit alcohol policies that exist in some places. And you’re crazy if you think there aren’t creative solutions out there...

So THAT’S why all the hand sanitizers around the squadron smell like tequila...

• Upvote 1