Meps severely delayed.

tkownedu5

Yep, spot on from everyone. Just be respectful and listen to directions very carefully. Lots of kids didn't when I went. Its not a hard day. I was done by 10-11 when I went. I had a different colored folder because I was enlisting to commision, so I think I was treated as "commissioning" and not enlisting. Seemed to get me through things quicker. Also if you can, drive yourself there. You have to get on the bus when you get there because some guy has to give a speech about not being dumb and bringing knives and shit in. 

Overall, keep your mouth shut 90% of the time and just answer the questions they ask, dont elaborate on anything that's not necessary to. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, ryleypav said:

I was hired in Nov 2019, didn't go to MEPS until April 2020. Its slow, even before COVID was getting in the way lol. 

Have you gone to do your FC1 yet? If so, what was the timeline?

-Update from MEPs yesterday-

Thanks for all the insight leading up to MEPs guys. Unfortunately I did not pass the hearing test on my left ear, along with the pressure test. Little background, I developed an ear ’cyst’ which required surgery to remove and in turn have hearing lost. (Long story short) I tried to be proactive and make sure I would pass the DOD hearing qual’s at my normal ear docs, which I barely passed but still did. The silver lining is that it’s still open for a waiver so now the plan is to submit that next week. I have already scheduled an appt with my ear doc to take an another exam to hopefully pass and submit with the waiver. My question is if anyone has found themselves in a similar situation or if anyone has any advice. I have not found much for this specifically online so wanted to make to run it by this group. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

14 hours ago, KSD said:

-Update from MEPs yesterday-

Thanks for all the insight leading up to MEPs guys. Unfortunately I did not pass the hearing test on my left ear, along with the pressure test. Little background, I developed an ear ’cyst’ which required surgery to remove and in turn have hearing lost. (Long story short) I tried to be proactive and make sure I would pass the DOD hearing qual’s at my normal ear docs, which I barely passed but still did. The silver lining is that it’s still open for a waiver so now the plan is to submit that next week. I have already scheduled an appt with my ear doc to take an another exam to hopefully pass and submit with the waiver. My question is if anyone has found themselves in a similar situation or if anyone has any advice. I have not found much for this specifically online so wanted to make to run it by this group. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Here’s three document titles that may help you:

- Air Force Instruction 48-123

- Air Force Medical Standards Directory

- Department of Defense Instruction 6130.03

I found all of these using a search engine. Check the documents’ revision date for the most current you can find.