TBAS/PCSM Question

thebleakmw

Hey all, I have a question about the tbas scoring structure after reading and hearing about some of the pcsm scores people ended up with. For some disclosure I have a 99 pilot score, 55 flight hours (so in the 41-60 bracket), and currently have a 75 pcsm. My 201+ score is 91 and I am retaking the tbas next week. Using some extrapolation I figure I have 8 points to gain if I max the tbas. However, I've been noticing some scores that have been posted that don't align with this (i.e. someone with an 83 pcsm with less than 20 hours). If I were in the same hour bracket that would put me at a 67 which is a 16 point difference, significantly more than the 8 points I figure I have to gain from retaking and that's assuming the other person has a 99 201+ score. My question is, if I hypothetically maxed the tbas, could I expect my score to increase significantly more than 8 points? Is there something else I'm overlooking that is affecting my PCSM? Or is the current state of hiring making me crazy and over-analyze insignificant things I read on the internet? 🤣 Thanks in advance. 

I don’t know the voodoo algorithm that is used to calculate PCSM, but I would expect more than a 8 point boost to your current score if you “maxed” out the TBAS. You can only improve your 201+ bracket by 8 points however. Since you earned a 99 AFOQT score, that is not negatively impacting your PCSM score from my understanding. For another data point, I had a 92 PCSM in the 41 hour bracket, 95 in the 61 hour bracket, 97 in the 81 hour bracket, 98 in the 101 hour bracket, and a 99 in the 201+ bracket. With your current PCSM score, it is easy to deduce you did not do too well on the TBAS. Shoot for 99 in the 201+ bracket. There is a lot of great advice on this forum for TBAS preparation. I personally spent about 1.5 months doing 1 hour of prep everyday (pilotaptitudetest psychomotor games w/ joystick and rudder pedals, multitasking games, Lumosity, and mental math games).

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 2

Update: retook the test today and ended up with a 98 in the last hour bracket. Boosted my PCSM 11 points to an 86 with no increase in hours. I’d recommend considering a retake for anyone below a 95 in the last bracket. Could be a significant return on a small time investment. Cheers and good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thebleakmw said:

Update: retook the test today and ended up with a 98 in the last hour bracket. Boosted my PCSM 11 points to an 86 with no increase in hours. I’d recommend considering a retake for anyone below a 95 in the last bracket. Could be a significant return on a small time investment. Cheers and good luck. 

Awesome this is really inspiring after messing it up the first time. Good job

10 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

Yeah its starting to look like everyone who takes a second time just murders it

I retook. First time I thought I couldn’t have done worse. Second time I thought I couldn’t have done better.

No score change (95 in 81-100 bracket).

Edited by ZR-1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2020 at 4:34 PM, ZR-1 said:

I retook. First time I thought I couldn’t have done worse. Second time I thought I couldn’t have done better.

No score change (95 in 81-100 bracket).

I mean to be fair what is your 201+ hour projected?  Its got to be like 97-98+ right?  At your point you've essentially maxed out the score.  

• Upvote 1

Hey all, I have a question about the tbas scoring structure after reading and hearing about some of the pcsm scores people ended up with. For some disclosure I have a 99 pilot score, 55 flight hours (so in the 41-60 bracket), and currently have a 75 pcsm. My 201+ score is 91 and I am retaking the tbas next week. Using some extrapolation I figure I have 8 points to gain if I max the tbas. However, I've been noticing some scores that have been posted that don't align with this (i.e. someone with an 83 pcsm with less than 20 hours). If I were in the same hour bracket that would put me at a 67 which is a 16 point difference, significantly more than the 8 points I figure I have to gain from retaking and that's assuming the other person has a 99 201+ score. My question is, if I hypothetically maxed the tbas, could I expect my score to increase significantly more than 8 points? Is there something else I'm overlooking that is affecting my PCSM? Or is the current state of hiring making me crazy and over-analyze insignificant things I read on the internet? 🤣 Thanks in advance. 

94 PCSM @21 hours, 99 @81-100 and 97 Pilot AFOQT

TBAS will make a massive difference

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app