Helicopter Track

5 minutes ago, Bode said:

What is does do is lesson the already small chance of flying fixed wing in the AF. Every UPT base has a few helo dudes. Getting rid of that opportunity puts you in a more difficult position post military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, what do I know.

18 hours ago, Bode said:

What is does do is lesson the already small chance of flying fixed wing in the AF. Every UPT base has a few helo dudes. Getting rid of that opportunity puts you in a more difficult position post military.

Sounds like what happened to the whole RPA community.

I’ve heard argument against certifications and training that would improve airmenship, because it’s not the AFs job to give you the qualifications that would make leaving the organization easier. 

Edited by theoriginalturk

Sounds like what happened to the whole RPA community.

I’ve heard argument against certifications and training that would improve airmenship, because it’s not the AFs job to give you the qualifications that would make leaving the organization easier. 

The Army just lowered the aviation credential assistance dollar figure from 4K to 1K for that exact reason.

Too many people were using the program to set themselves up for quick transition to an airline job.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:42 AM, Internationalmesa said:

Does anyone know how the path works to transition into the airlines for rotary? Especially with HTN Taking you out of the T-6 entirely?

What Helodude said…I’ve ran into several helo guys who are either in the regionals or came to mainline from the regionals. Anecdotally from a few of those guys, it doesn’t take you that long at a regional until you get called for the majors. That said, this applies to relatively current day, and it does not guarantee the same thing in 10-15 years (assuming we’re talking about guys who have yet to start UPT).