Civilian to UPT Contract

Greetings,

I recently just finished MEPS processing for the unit I was hired into. Next is swearing in and getting enlisted then the FC1. When I swear in I know I’ll have a contract to sign. I’m a civilian that received a pilot slot with the OKC ANG and I’d like to get an idea of what the contract will look like before I go swear in. Can anyone give me an idea? Or what it really needs to say?

Thanks!

First, congrats on getting and accepting an ANG slot. At this point, your recruiter is probably the best source of information. From my personal experience, it's a 1 year active (well, guard version of active) + 7 years inactive reserve as AF enlistment contracts are 8 years long. Essentially, that gives me (and them) a year to get pushed into the officer training pipeline. I didn't personally discuss it with my recruiter, but I am fairly certain that if something doesn't work out along the way (at FC1 or wherever else), I'll just go through an administrative separation process. All in all, there really wasn't much to it, no tricks, no gotchas.