It's the Gawd damned 4th of July. I love my country

brickhistory

So what exactly does that guy want? There isn’t much the current generation can do for sins committed hundreds of years ago. I’m thinking he and those that think like him should move somewhere else and start their own country because they clearly have zero desire to be a part of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hopefulflyer389 said:

...make millions of dollars while playing a game... 🤔

No, the best part with him is he doesn't have to play to make the money!  If he played, he'd have to compete.  If he competed, he'd be exposed as a guy who boarded the injustice train right as his playing ability dramatically dropped off...and everybody forgets that because it got drowned out in the noise of the anthem protest.

He has been offered contracts to play, he just doesn't want them - he wants to be appointed the starter right out of the gate.  If he really wants to play at all, which I don't think he does.

Edited by Clayton Bigsby
  • Like 3

No, the best part with him is he doesn't have to play to make the money!  If he played, he'd have to compete.  If he competed, he'd be exposed as a guy who boarded the injustice train right as his playing ability dramatically dropped off...and everybody forgets that because it got drowned out in the noise of the anthem protest.
He has been offered contracts to play, he just doesn't want them - he wants to be appointed the starter right out of the gate.  If he really wants to play at all, which I don't think he does.

Seattle tried him out twice. He wanted starter money and that combined with the media circus he would have isn’t worth it when you have an elite starting qb. Similar reason as why Tim Tebow doesn’t have a job. Not a starting caliber qb and too much maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, B.L said:

Seattle tried him out twice. He wanted starter money and that combined with the media circus he would have isn’t worth it when you have an elite starting qb. Similar reason as why Tim Tebow doesn’t have a job. Not a starting caliber qb and too much maintenance

Rabid Seahawks fan here, super familiar.  Totally agree.

• Like 1

I've read a couple of opinion pieces from fellow NFLers as well as an interview, and they all said basically what B.L wrote. He's good enough to be a third stringer at most teams (maybe even second at some) but the top/big pay he is demanding and the drama he would bring to the team aren't worth it to any team.