2 year TIG waiver

• 1 year later...

I wish. It’ll be one year out in Mar for 3 yrs TIG. 30 Nov is my last chance to give notice 6 mos prior to 20.
Thx for info—no waivers w/o strong justification. But that’s bs bc they’ll just say no and tell you to retire in the next lower grade if you want out so badly. That was not the intent of the law, I’ll wager.

I didn’t really have strong justification so I just went with needs of the AF. Since 11Rs are so “overmanned “ that they didn’t warrant a bonus, surely it benefits the AF to get a line-flying old O-5 off the books. Someone probably had a good chuckle as they stamped DENIED on my request.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• 2 years later...

Asking everywhere. Maybe someone can provide insight.

I applied for a 1 Sep 24 AGR retirement date. I will have three years TIG, however, only two years AD TIG since I became a DSG about 12 months after promotion. I've also done a bunch of MPA and ST in the last 18 months. Based on FSS and ARPC telling me I would have enough TIG to receive a regular retirement in my current rank, regardless of status, I planned and submitted my retirement. Then I got an email last week saying otherwise. Looks like I'll have to submit a waiver.

Any gouge on what a successful TIG waiver looks like? Time needed (assuming forever since it goes to SAF)? The magic words?

I was denied a USERRA waiver in 2019, but of course I don't have the documentation anymore. COVID USERRA exemption got me more AD time, but I don't have enough left to do another year of AGR (nor do we have resources or CG, and I don't want to do it at this point).

Basic info:

23 TAFMS

3 years TIG (2 years, 5 days AD TIG)

1 Sep 24 retirement date

Thanks!