The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

Unfamiliar. Why did IX kill them?

The application of scholarship funds has to be proportionate between men and women, so when a school has a sport like wrestling that women generally don’t participate in (and also doesn’t bring in as much athletic department money), it tends to get axed when they have scholarship allocation problems.
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Unfamiliar. Why did IX kill them?

Basically Title IX said you had to have equivalent number of men’s and women’s scholarships. Hardly any women’s sports generate money in college and sports like football take up a bunch of scholarships (85 at FBS level). As a result, wrestling would often get cut to free up 10 scholarships and because it’s not a revenue generating sport either at a lot of schools.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HossHarris said:

I’d pay good money to watch the right types of girls college wrestling. More to participate. 

To be the nerd here but women’s wrestling is actually getting pretty popular and starting to show up at traditional powerhouse wrestling schools like Iowa.

Also, the best interview from an American gold medalist was from Tamara Mensah-Stock. Awesome stuff.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Well we’re about ready for re-education camps

California School Board Members Take ‘White Ally Test’ https://www.breitbart.com/education/2023/04/19/california-school-board-members-take-white-ally-test/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will make us start wearing American flag armbands on our left shoulder, signifying our refusal to be indoctrinated.   

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Biff_T said:

They will make us start wearing American flag armbands on our left shoulder, signifying our refusal to be indoctrinated.   

Narrator: this did not, in fact, happen.

Willing to make a bet on this specifically? I’ll send ya a nice bottle of your choice the day we’re forced to don the armbands, maybe you can do the same for me if it doesn’t happen. You wanna do one year? Five? Dealer’s choice.

Too many of y’all make all these hyperbolic posts about how the country is rapidly going to hell and civil war is imminent and the rest of the normal folks out there just refuse to cooperate apparently. Sorry not sorry.

Our country is strong and great and resilient despite our flaws and anyone who doesn’t see that is deluding themselves 🇺🇸

image.jpeg.8efba795187003b71e35ca90f6c8f2f9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Willing to make a bet on this specifically? I’ll send ya a nice bottle of your choice the day we’re forced to don the armbands, maybe you can do the same for me if it doesn’t happen. You wanna do one year? Five? Dealer’s choice.

Too many of y’all make all these hyperbolic posts about how the country is rapidly going to hell and civil war is imminent and the rest of the normal folks out there just refuse to cooperate apparently. Sorry not sorry.

Our country is strong and great and resilient despite our flaws and anyone who doesn’t see that is deluding themselves 🇺🇸

like showing vax cards to enter businesses, work, or school?

hmmm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

The "left" has been catastrophizing for years.  Before that round, the "right" was the moral majority, and catastrophizing all over the 80's.

We're certainly not remotely close to the political violence of the 60's/70's, so I agree that the hyperbole is over wrought.  But this pattern does rhyme.

Incidentally:  Anyone else think the terms "right" and "left" have lost all meaning?  They're just team names at this point.......old man cloud yelling about lawn.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Calm down dude.   I was making a joke.  Our country is beautiful but the people running it are not.   The government is corrupt beyond repair.  It was a great concept, what George, Ben and the gang put together but that country doesn't exist anymore (at least the government portion).  Money and power rule our political elite, not compassion.  Show me a politician  who hasn't been bought and I'll buy you a bottle lol.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Biff_T said:

It was a great concept, what George, Ben and the gang put together but that country doesn't exist anymore (at least the government portion).  Money and power rule our political elite, not compassion.  Show me a politician  who hasn't been bought and I'll buy you a bottle lol.  

Oh but it does. The money, the power, and the elite have always been there. Things were demonstrably worse for the majority of people living in this country when the founding fathers put quill to paper. Slavery, racism, women’s rights, poverty, child labor, and many, many other issues plagued this country early in its existence. Don’t kid yourself, George, Ben, and the gang were out to enrich themselves just like any other politician from any other era. What they did have was the apparent awareness that politics are dirty & the foresight to give us the best possible framework to keep the graft in check. That system still works. It’s why we’ve made great strides in all of those issues I listed, & why we’re not some third rate kleptocracy like so many other places. We may sometimes take two steps forward and one step back but our lives are better on the whole today than ever before. Flawed as our country may be, you live in the best era in the history of mankind in the richest, most powerful nation on the planet. Many of us could take step back & recognize that fact once in a while. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Flawed as our country may be, you live in the best era in the history of mankind in the richest, most powerful nation on the planet. Many of us could take step back & recognize that fact once in a while. 

The only thing that could make it even better would be for ppl of a certain skin tone to pay other ppl with the opposite skin tone money, specifically because of their difference in skin tone.

We’d be a complete utopia if we could just convince the nation to let public schools and hospitals change the gender of minors regardless of their parents’ wishes. We can even have it subsidized.

These are serious issues that I believe are going to cause major strife in our country. We have a history of ppl willing to commit violence when they’re being mistreated, especially if it’s due to their skin color. Besides that, idk anyone that’s not willing to commit violence when another person attempts to harm their children.

I’m concerned the far right is going to grow exponentially if these issues keep getting pushed by the far left. We need less violence not more. Not only that, we need liberals with the intestinal fortitude to stop letting the radicals in their party push this ideology. You wouldn’t have a large part of the population ready to vote for trump if the entire fabric of the country wasn’t being ripped apart.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

I’m concerned the far right is going to grow exponentially if these issues keep getting pushed by the far left. We need less violence not more. Not only that, we need liberals with the intestinal fortitude to stop letting the radicals in their party push this ideology. You wouldn’t have a large part of the population ready to vote for trump if the entire fabric of the country wasn’t being ripped apart.

Y’all on the right have agency here! I’ve beat this horse but I’ll say it again: no one is forcing those on the right to radicalize, talk about civil war, a national divorce, storm the Capitol, etc.

Joe Biden is president and no matter what many here think, he’s not a radical. The GOP controls the US House, SCOTUS and the majority of governors mansions. I am a liberal but not a leftist and am working hard to discredit and keep those on the radical left out of power.

So BL: no one can force you to vote for Trump, to call for a national divorce, to empower bomb throwers like MTG, etc.

At some point the moderate and center-of-mass-ish conservative GOP voters and leaders need do also do the right thing, just like I believe those in the Democratic Party are doing. Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries, etc. are the leaders of the Dem party and generally don’t take too much shit or direction from some of the terminally online commies and DEI warriors that I and many of y’all rightfully denounce. All those lefties suck and I will forcefully defend the idea that they do not hold much actual political power in the Democratic Party today.

So do the same. Flush out the Nazis, the blood and soil radical nationalists, the bigots and the white supremacists. I don’t believe they represent the true values of the GOP, but their voices have been louder in the last 6-9 years than at any point previously in my lifetime. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

So BL: no one can force you to vote for Trump, to call for a national divorce, to empower bomb throwers like MTG, etc.

Still waiting for you to tell me if you believe there are Democrats in the House or Senate who are extremists, and if so, who are they…

Edited by HeloDude

NS listed at least one in his last post … Chuck Schumer is a complete leftist douchebag!

add Nancy P and a few other influential leftist leading his non-radicalized, non commie, doesn’t care about DEI party

Edited by bfargin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Y’all on the right have agency here! I’ve beat this horse but I’ll say it again: no one is forcing those on the right to radicalize, talk about civil war, a national divorce, storm the Capitol, etc.

Joe Biden is president and no matter what many here think, he’s not a radical. The GOP controls the US House, SCOTUS and the majority of governors mansions. I am a liberal but not a leftist and am working hard to discredit and keep those on the radical left out of power.

At some point the moderate and center-of-mass-ish conservative GOP voters and leaders need do also do the right thing, just like I believe those in the Democratic Party are doing. Joe Biden, Chuck Schumer, Hakeem Jeffries, etc. are the leaders of the Dem party and generally don’t take too much shit or direction from some of the terminally online commies and DEI warriors that I and many of y’all rightfully denounce. All those lefties suck and I will forcefully defend the idea that they do not hold much actual political power in the Democratic Party today.

So do the same. Flush out the Nazis, the blood and soil radical nationalists, the bigots and the white supremacists. I don’t believe they represent the true values of the GOP, but their voices have been louder in the last 6-9 years than at any point previously in my lifetime. 

I don’t disagree that ppl on the right need to stand up against bigotry and radicals. I don’t think anyone that regularly posts on here disagrees with this either, and I also don’t think the vast majority of conservatives disagree.

However, I don’t see large sections of the right having rallies and pushing for legislation calling for segregation or for women to wear chastity belts until they’re married. Those ideas are just as ludicrous and anti-American as what more and more liberal pundits seem to be championing.

What I do see is the mind numbing rot that is DEI infecting young minds across academia. If you want to argue that the majority of democrats aren’t leftists then you may be correct, that’s not something easy to prove or disprove. Regardless, the loudest voices are carrying the party and the academic institutions are pushing DEI harder than a Baptist minister pushing the collection plate at a revival. Interact with some young college students (probably not at liberty university) and bring up DEI and we can compare notes.

Both sides have issues. Obviously. The over correction by the left is going to cause some serious upheaval or a break in society in the coming years, and that’s not shit worrying to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 3:16 AM, nsplayr said:

Flush out the Nazis, the blood and soil radical nationalists, the bigots and the white supremacists. I don’t believe they represent the true values of the GOP, but their voices have been louder in the last 6-9 years than at any point previously in my lifetime. 

I’ve never seen or met a Nazi in my entire life.  I don’t know any blood and soil radical nationalists.  If I’m around bigots, they don’t say anything out loud.  I’ve also never met a white supremacist.  

I have known countless people who completely stood behind BLM from the very start.  They gave them money and marched in the streets.  I’ve known people who’ve bought into the hands up don’t shoot scam and went with the bashing of cops.  I watched 6 or 7 trans kids walk the stage at my youngest daughters HS graduation.  I watched the vast majority of our society fall for the Covid lockdown power grabs.

It sure seems to me that the radical left is actually and tangibly destroying our society while we chase some invisible boogey man on the right…  

Im not talking about AOC or MTG.  I’m talking about in my community.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

I’ve never seen or met a Nazi in my entire life.  I don’t know any blood and soil radical nationalists.  If I’m around bigots, they don’t say anything out loud.  I’ve also never met a white supremacist.  

I have known countless people who completely stood behind BLM from the very start.  They gave them money and marched in the streets.  I’ve known people who’ve bought into the hands up don’t shoot scam and went with the bashing of cops.  I watched 6 or 7 trans kids walk the stage at my youngest daughters HS graduation.  I watched the vast majority of our society fall for the Covid lockdown power grabs.

It sure seems to me that the radical left is actually and tangibly destroying our society while we chase some invisible boogey man on the right…  

Im not talking about AOC or MTG.  I’m talking about in my community.  

And I’ve seen it in the military. I’ve had a sitting squadron commander shame her squadron for not wanting to read White Fragility, I’ve seen 1206s and strat lists get kicked back because “too many white men.” The sitting head of DEI in the DOD is an open racist who still has a job. I really wanted to believe that these were isolated incidents and that my fellow conservatives are propping these up as boogeymem, heck I wish that was the case…but it is sadly not. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3