The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

41 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Noone is hiring based on race or gender.

There’s the law, and then there’s reality. You can’t possibly be so aloof to think this doesn’t happen. I’ve seen it with my own eyes more than once. You are wrong.

Related - have you payed attention to Asians getting completely fucked by DEI in this country? If not, look into it, it is in fact very much happening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, brabus said:

There’s the law, and then there’s reality. You can’t possibly be so aloof to think this doesn’t happen. I’ve seen it with my own eyes more than once. You are wrong.

Related - have you payed attention to Asians getting completely fucked by DEI in this country? If not, look into it, it is in fact very much happening. 

Show me where? That's all I'm asking.... Still looking for the ROTC policy memo that states you get extra points on your order of merit if you are a minority or woman.... Or the Academy memo that directs ascensions to only come from one category. 

I work in the tech sector now. (Decided not to go airlines) and I'm not seeing it. Youre making a huge leap from "talent recruiters told to focus women and minorities" to "hiring authorities told to favor minorities." 

There just isn't any data to back up this assertion that it's happening except all this anecdotal evidence that people once knew a minority pilot that sucked at their job. I mean I knew a lot of white male pilots that sucked at their job too..... It doesn't really mean anything. At some point that person completed multiple training programs, passed multiple checkrides, earned and ATP..... Were every one of those hiring officials, flight examiners and instructor pilots all on in on this DEI conspiracy or is it possible maybe just possible, that you get some pilots who just fall through the cracks regularly...... 

Edited by FLEA
  • Upvote 1

Show me where? That's all I'm asking.... Still looking for the ROTC policy memo that states you get extra points on your order of merit if you are a minority or woman.... Or the Academy memo that directs ascensions to only come from one category. 
I work in the tech sector now. (Decided not to go airlines) and I'm not seeing it. Youre making a huge leap from "talent recruiters told to focus women and minorities" to "hiring authorities told to favor minorities." 
There just isn't any data to back up this assertion that it's happening except all this anecdotal evidence that people once knew a minority pilot that sucked at their job. I mean I knew a lot of white male pilots that sucked at their job too..... It doesn't really mean anything. At some point that person completed multiple training programs, passed multiple checkrides, earned and ATP..... Were every one of those hiring officials, flight examiners and instructor pilots all on in on this DEI conspiracy or is it possible maybe just possible, that you get some pilots who just fall through the cracks regularly...... 

Wish I had saved it, and maybe a FOIA request would dig it up, but at one point the AETC 36-2605 specifically called for Commander’s Reviews for minority and female students to be reviewed by the AETC/CC. Now it just says “AETC/A3 staff will maintain entry, production, and elimination data to ensure fairness and equitable opportunity for all flying training program candidates.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, you just glossed over what I wrote. I don’t know a guy who knows of a guy, I’ve personally seen it first hand. Another example is colleges blatantly use race as a decision factor in admittance…and SCOTUS has upheld the legality of that, for now anyways. Asians are perhaps getting the most fucked, as they’ve been purposely excluded from “BIPOC” but also aren’t “white.” The pursuit of “perceived fairness” is alive and well, but I guess you’re too blind to see it. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 8:30 PM, nsplayr said:

95% of ATP holders are men for example…there’s just no believable explanation for how we arrived at that by chance or “merit” alone.

False.

Research in the Nordic countries has shown that as a society gets more gender equal, the disparity in job selection increases. 

Women and men are different biologically, with different interests. People vs Things, for example.

High risk, plus being away from home, plus things-vs-people, and it's not surprising women don't seek the job like men do.

Now there's no biological reason for black underrepresentation, but until our society is ready to tackle the cultural and socioeconomic problems of the poor, which is disproportionally black in the US, we aren't getting anywhere. Just look at San Francisco which is moving closer to dooming black people forever, if this insane reparations scheme comes to pass.

Progressives never want to address the root cause. They want the immediate fix, and it doesn't exist.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

False.

Research in the Nordic countries has shown that as a society gets more gender equal, the disparity in job selection increases. 

Women and men are different biologically, with different interests. People vs Things, for example.

High risk, plus being away from home, plus things-vs-people, and it's not surprising women don't seek the job like men do.

Now there's no biological reason for black underrepresentation, but until our society is ready to tackle the cultural and socioeconomic problems of the poor, which is disproportionally black in the US, we aren't getting anywhere. Just look at San Francisco which is moving closer to dooming black people forever, if this insane reparations scheme comes to pass.

Progressives never want to address the root cause. They want the immediate fix, and it doesn't exist.

Not sure that even in Nordic countries there are many 95/5% splits in jobs by gender...

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

Not sure that even in Nordic countries there are many 95/5% splits in jobs by gender...

That's because statistics work oddly at the extremes.

The aggression gap between men and women is only tilted 60/40, yet violent criminals are overwhelming men.

Same with the Olympics. All men aren't stronger/faster/better than all women, yet 100% of physical sports would be won by men at the Olympic level of not for the gender split.

Think of pilot like the Olympics of jobs.

My favorite part of the trans movement in the military was when they called the entire squadron in so my favorite pilot, wearing a wig, could tell us all he's now a woman.  This was a month or so after I flew with him on that sweet 40 minute flight where he couldn't maintain +/- 100 feet in the pattern.  UPT let us down lol.

It was almost like a down day but instead of tackling other aviation/personnel issues,  we had to spend the day learning about trans people.  That was the weirdest moment I encountered in the military.  I retired a few months later.  

Explain to me how this made us more lethal?  Besides giving his flight time to other LTs...lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

https://simpleflying.com/guess-which-country-has-the-most-female-pilots/

According to this article, the best ratio in the entire world is Air India at 12%. The other European nations mentioned pretty closely match the ratio in the US. The article mentions the Nordic country of Finland as having one of the lowest percentages, but then doesn’t mention the actual number. I searched myself and found a Facebook post from Finn Airlines themselves in 2017 that said 3% of their pilots are female. That same post mentioned 88% of their cabin crew is female. 

So is there some global conspiracy against women in aviation now too? There’s a couple “progressive” countries listed in that article with a nearly identical ratio to the United States. 

This is the problem with chasing “equitable” statistics, they don’t hold up to the reality of what actual human beings desire to do. Like has been said a million times in this thread, there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get as many girls and women interested in aviation as possible. I’m certain that everyone in here has flown with some kickass female pilots.

But what happens if in 20 years we double the amount of Female ATPs, but they still only represent 10% of the airline pilot community? Instead of celebrating success at doubling the interest of women in aviation, I’d be willing to bet a significantly large sum of money the leftists of the this forum and country would still be decrying the “inequitable” world of aviation. 

• Upvote 1

I just find it funny how women are taken at their word, and their reasons implied as gender-role-appropriate, for eschewing an airline career thus contributing to the demographic labor participation disparity... but when a man espouses the same reasons on here it's all of a sudden blasphemy?

Misogynist and misandrist at the same time, didn't know that was possible. Seriously, where's mai eh-KWal-e-taaah! 😄 

/sarc..ish

P.S. I noted they did finally installed the koala-care baby changing station at the men's pisser at work....yet there's still that unsanitary gaping @ss hole on the wall from the urinal they ripped out when it went weapons active and started shooting high pressure piss water at bystanders. I mean, what gives? Does everything have to be zero-sum around here?! 😄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Agreed 1000% on this. When she was a bit younger my oldest daughter told me she didn't know if she wanted to be a pilot because (sic) all the pilots are boys. She did think more about being a librarian because that's what my wife is and guess what, school librarians skew WAAY female. Now she's settled on psychologist - great, good luck with that - funny thing is that she's so far only met female psychologists so maybe she's still a strident sexist (as most kids are in my experience). 😅

I mean, if my kiddo doesn't want to be a pilot for other reasons that's fine, she's allowed to be wrong, but it should not be because she can't envision herself doing it and assumes there's a gendered component to the job just based on how the demographics are today. There is in fact no part of the MQ-9 GCS that you must operate with your penis, I'm continually disappointed to report...

I had to work to introduce her to some women in my squadron because I'm selfish and want a little Guard baby legacy nipping at my old-man heels...problem is there are only 3 ladies who are pilots out of ~55 of us maybe? Not that any of my bros aren't talented and dedicated and deserving of the jobs and all of that, but can you see from a little girl's perspective how it looks?

Regardless of gender, if I were a kid and was taken to visit a drone squadron, I’d choose the librarian path too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, O Face said:

Regardless of gender, if I were a kid and was taken to visit a drone squadron, I’d choose the librarian path too. 

The library is very fun, gotta agree on that. We do have a ping pong table and an oculus video game setup in the bar though, so those were pretty convincing to a middle schooler.

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Ok Hercules, flying planes ain’t that hard 😂

Missing the point. When lots of people want to do it but only a few can, you start operating on the tails of normal distribution curves, which will result in huge disparities despite small statistical differences. 

I know the idea of a popular job is foreign to a nav, but use your imagination. 😝

Edited by Lord Ratner

This quote seems to be an exact foretelling of what we're living through right now.

“What I want to fix your attention on is the vast, overall movement towards the discrediting, and finally the elimination, of every kind of human excellence—moral, cultural, social, or intellectual. And is it not pretty to notice how Democracy (in the incantatory sense) is now doing for us the work that was once done by the most ancient Dictatorships, and by the same methods? You remember how one of the Greek Dictators (they called them ‘tyrants’ then) sent an envoy to another Dictator to ask his advice about the principles of government. The second Dictator led the envoy into a field of corn, and there he snicked off with his cane the top of every stalk that rose an inch or so above the general level. The moral was plain. Allow no pre-eminence among your subjects. Let no man live who is wiser, or better, or more famous, or even handsomer than the mass. Cut them all down to a level; all slaves, all ciphers, all nobodies. All equals. Thus Tyrants could practise, in a sense, ‘democracy’. But now ‘democracy’ can do the same work without any other tyranny than her own. No one need now go through the field with a cane. The little stalks will now of themselves bite the tops off the big ones. The big ones are beginning to bite off their own in their desire to Be Like Stalks.”
 C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters: Also Includes "Screwtape Proposes a Toast"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

@nsplayr Elsewhere you were musing and wondering what liberal left stuff are we concerned about

This:https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/vermont-high-school-banned-from-tournaments-after-refusing-to-play-team-with-transgender-player/#:~:text=The Vermont girls high school,will apply to all sports.

Edited by FourFans
editorial commentary removed

download(5).jpeg.6fb3d99d75733e3554b44c22d1a81834.jpeg

When they first started making us use the government card, Amn Biff used his card to pull out cash at the library.  Red Flags as a mx dude were a shit show lol.  There was no OEF/OIF (or DEI lol) only drunken shenanigans.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The left in action. An alleged top law school, has a bunch of student numbnuts who can’t even hear any rational ideas without going full retard. The videos show how insane the new left is.

But things are getting better here in this country with a strong marketplace of ideas shared and then defended or dismantled based on merit /s.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/faith-freedom-self-reliance/that-tantrum-at-stanford-law-school-and-what-to-do-about-it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bfargin said:

The left in action. An alleged top law school, has a bunch of student numbnuts who can’t even hear any rational ideas without going full retard. The videos show how insane the new left is.

But things are getting better here in this country with a strong marketplace of ideas shared and then defended or dismantled based on merit /s.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/faith-freedom-self-reliance/that-tantrum-at-stanford-law-school-and-what-to-do-about-it

speech is violence. bigot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

“Once people transition and become their true selves, there’s not a mental block,” she said. “With that they become exceptional. They soar above everyone else. They become absolute rock stars. They become an even better, stronger, faster, more intellectual performer than they previously were.”

This dude is out here thinking that cutting off your dick or attempting to grow one makes you a super saiyan or something. I’ve heard that smoking PCP (and HGH/TRT) also makes you stronger and faster…when do we normalize that for our military members?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Standby said:

“Once people transition and become their true selves, there’s not a mental block,” she said. “With that they become exceptional. They soar above everyone else. They become absolute rock stars. They become an even better, stronger, faster, more intellectual performer than they previously were.”

JFC.  That is rough to read.  The article was even worse.  I honestly believe that transgenders have a mental disorder and they do not belong in the military.  I treat them with respect as I would anyone with a disorder, but I certainly would not want one serving with me.  Thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Here's a question for the group.  I'll put an immediate disclaimer, I'm in Alabama, but I work with a lot of retired military from all over the country.  There is not one person in our directorate that I've ever heard champion the transgender and other woke movements.  Even the recent college grad females say it is ridiculous.  We have a few very liberal folks in the office, and every one I've talked to agree that it is indeed a mental disorder.  And these are the hard core mask up, shut 'er down, get your shots during covid and Jan 6 was an insurrection folks.  So my question is - is the transgender thing really affecting all that much in most peoples' day to day or is it another example of an extremely radical minority having an unbalanced voice that generates a bunch of attention but doesn't really affect most people?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2