The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

38 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

The entire conversation is just so sickening.  We are talking about mothers being able to kill their babies and if they don’t then the father being able to abandon them.  These conversations slowly creep along until you are drowning in evil and don’t even recognize it.  

It's not about fathers abandoning children.  It's about highlighting the hypocrisy with "my body right".   No matter how you feel about abortion, it's legal in most states.   A woman kills her unborn child for convenience and is labeled a hero.  A man, who goes out for a pack of cigarettes, is a deadbeat.   

We've all probably done or seen worse things concerning humans than talking about abortion.   If we're not evil now, we'll never be.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lloyd christmas said:

The entire conversation is just so sickening.  We are talking about mothers being able to kill their babies and if they don’t then the father being able to abandon them.  These conversations slowly creep along until you are drowning in evil and don’t even recognize it.  

Morally it’s sickening, I agree with you.

But the reality is that this (partially) is what’s happening. So if nothing else, call people out for their hypocrisy…and there’s plenty of it to go around.

7 hours ago, Biff_T said:

It's not about fathers abandoning children.  It's about highlighting the hypocrisy with "my body right".   No matter how you feel about abortion, it's legal in most states.   A woman kills her unborn child for convenience and is labeled a hero.  A man, who goes out for a pack of cigarettes, is a deadbeat.   

We've all probably done or seen worse things concerning humans than talking about abortion.   If we're not evil now, we'll never be.  

I stand by what I said.  You don’t fix evil with more evil.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  Basic life lessons there.  It may be legal to have an abortion.  That certainly doesn’t mean that men should be able to abandon their kids.  Hypocrisy, fairness, “my body right” - whatever….   Hell, if men didn’t abandon their kids there would be much much less abortion.  

34 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

I stand by what I said.  You don’t fix evil with more evil.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  Basic life lessons there.  It may be legal to have an abortion.  That certainly doesn’t mean that men should be able to abandon their kids.  Hypocrisy, fairness, “my body right” - whatever….   Hell, if men didn’t abandon their kids there would be much much less abortion.  

Women can abandon their newborns without persecution…they’re called Safe Haven Laws.  All I ask is that men have the same rights as women.  We can discuss the morality piece separately if you’d like.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/parenting/2019/09/13/safe-haven-laws-things-you-didnt-know-surrendering-newborn/2031516001/

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Women can abandon their newborns without persecution…they’re called Safe Haven Laws.  All I ask is that men have the same rights as women.  We can discuss the morality piece separately if you’d like.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/parenting/2019/09/13/safe-haven-laws-things-you-didnt-know-surrendering-newborn/2031516001/

We talking about a woman’s right to anonymously give their newborn child up or abortion?  

39 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

We talking about a woman’s right to anonymously give their newborn child up or abortion?  

I thought you were talking about how bad it was for a man to abandon his child…well, it’s the same thing a woman does when she leaves an infant on the door step of a fire station.

15 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

So what? Men should just remain powerless to the system knowing their entire lives can be ruined by a spiteful or vengeful ex-girlfriend at any time? Did you know you can be ordered to pay child support for a child that is DNA proven not to be yours? Look it up. 

Also worth noting that selective service registration failed to make it into the NDAA for like the 7th year in a row. Radical feminists' argue for all of these rights but want to take none of the responsibilities that go with them. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Upvote 11

Evil is in the eye of the beholder.  I'd say that some of the Iraqis we killed during the invasion might call us evil.  Even their families might think of us as evil to this day.     

Dropping the nukes on Japan might be seen as evil to some people.  

The profession of war is pretty gnarly.  We're dancing on the line between good and evil everytime we send 18 year olds to kill with rifles.  

I got paid a decent wage to participate in war.  I didn't do it for free and sure the 9/11 patriotism was flowing through my veins at the time OEF/OIF kicked off, but I joined before 9/11 to have fun and earn a paycheck. Am I evil?  Some might say so.  I willingly joined the profession of arms for fun and a paycheck.  In the end we all have to live with our consciences.   Even the lady who aborts her child.  In my opinion, the evil ones don't care about what they did.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Evil is in the eye of the beholder.  I'd say that some of the Iraqis we killed during the invasion might call us evil.  Even their families might think of us as evil to this day.     

Dropping the nukes on Japan might be seen as evil to some people.  

The profession of war is pretty gnarly.  We're dancing on the line between good and evil everytime we send 18 year olds to kill with rifles.  

I got paid a decent wage to participate in war.  I didn't do it for free and sure the 9/11 patriotism was flowing through my veins at the time OEF/OIF kicked off, but I joined before 9/11 to have fun and earn a paycheck. Am I evil?  Some might say so.  I willingly joined the profession of arms for fun and a paycheck.  In the end we all have to live with our consciences.   Even the lady who aborts her child.  In my opinion, the evil ones don't care about what they did.  

I think a lot of people want to believe morality is static but I really do believe it's relative. There are some inherent problems with static morality including the ultimate conclusion that a perfectly moral being wouldn't have free choice. 

War is shitty. You so some things that seem right. You do some things that seem wrong. Was raging war on a country for 20 years only to up and leave them with the fallout moral? I dunno... 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FLEA said:

So what? Men should just remain powerless to the system knowing their entire lives can be ruined by a spiteful or vengeful ex-girlfriend at any time? Did you know you can be ordered to pay child support for a child that is DNA proven not to be yours? Look it up.

Men aren’t entirely powerless.  I’m divorced from my first wife and mother of my oldest daughter.  That ex-wife is bat shit crazy and did all kinds of things to attempt to ruin my life and my relationships.  I fought like hell for my daughter.  Because that is what a man does.  They fight for their family.  They protect their kids.  It was easy to get custody of my daughter based on my ex wife’s documented behavior.  It was certainly expensive and stressful but it wasn’t hard.  

I am honestly baffled by the comments here.  Been in the military a long time and been around these forums a long time.  I’m surprised because the mindset and opinions on this topic runs completely contrary to what most of us stand for.  

Or maybe I’m missing a few people’s points here.  But what I hear is that if a woman can be the sole decision maker when it comes to abortion or leaves their newborn at a fire station then a man should be able to abandon their child.  I can’t get behind that.  Maybe because I despise dead beat dads.  

• Like 1

most of us stand for.  

Stand for something else.  Anything else.  It can only be uphill.

Maybe because I despise dead beat dads.  

I too hate it when one party walks away from a contract that the other has torn up and abused for multiple generations.

Edited by DSG
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

But what I hear is that if a woman can be the sole decision maker when it comes to abortion or leaves their newborn at a fire station then a man should be able to abandon their child.  I can’t get behind that.  Maybe because I despise dead beat dads.  

Let's try an academic exercise, starting with defining a few terms. Differing definitions will certainly lead to differing conclusions.

Dead beat dad: A dad that doesn't fight for his family, abandons them, or otherwise does not fulfill the role expected of a father.

Dead beat mom: A mother that doesn't fight for her family, abandons them, or otherwise does not fulfill the role expected of a mother.

Your argument is that dead beat dads are bad and should not be legally empowered to do dead beat dad things. I will ass-u-me that you also believe dead beat moms should not be legally empowered to do dead beat mom things.

Is abortion a dead beat mom thing?

Edited by nunya
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

Men aren’t entirely powerless.  I’m divorced from my first wife and mother of my oldest daughter.  That ex-wife is bat shit crazy and did all kinds of things to attempt to ruin my life and my relationships.  I fought like hell for my daughter.  Because that is what a man does.  They fight for their family.  They protect their kids.  It was easy to get custody of my daughter based on my ex wife’s documented behavior.  It was certainly expensive and stressful but it wasn’t hard.  

I am honestly baffled by the comments here.  Been in the military a long time and been around these forums a long time.  I’m surprised because the mindset and opinions on this topic runs completely contrary to what most of us stand for.  

Or maybe I’m missing a few people’s points here.  But what I hear is that if a woman can be the sole decision maker when it comes to abortion or leaves their newborn at a fire station then a man should be able to abandon their child.  I can’t get behind that.  Maybe because I despise dead beat dads.  

Lloyd,

I think we're all on the same page.  Nobody is advocating for abortion and deadbeat dads.  We're highlighting the hypocrisy of this issue in America.  A woman can kill her unborn child and go to Applebee's right after.  She's not held to the same standard as a man who doesn't want his child.   If a drunk driver kills a pregnant woman and her child, they can charge the drunk driver for 2 counts.   Why is one murder/manslaughter and the the other not?   That is the question.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Lloyd,

I think we're all on the same page.  Nobody is advocating for abortion and deadbeat dads.  We're highlighting the hypocrisy of this issue in America.  A woman can kill her unborn child and go to Applebee's right after.  She's not held to the same standard as a man who doesn't want his child.   If a drunk driver kills a pregnant woman and her child, they can charge the drunk driver for 2 counts.   Why is one murder/manslaughter and the the other not?   That is the question.  

That was how I read it as well. Males do not enjoy equal protection under the laws we have passed. 

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/germany-apologizes-leopard-jibe-upset-africans-96688804

Dear Africa, 

We're sorry we used a leopard emoji.  

Germany

I think what lloyd is getting at, is that a father abandoning their child is sickening, abortion laws or not. I can understand his disgust that people are arguing that sense pro choice laws are in place in a certain state, then the man should also be able to get out of taking care of the child.  I agree with lloyd - that is ing disgusting.  Males in this country are devolving at an alarming rate.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

I think what lloyd is getting at, is that a father abandoning their child is sickening, abortion laws or not. I can understand his disgust that people are arguing that sense pro choice laws are in place in a certain state, then the man should also be able to get out of taking care of the child.  I agree with lloyd - that is ing disgusting.  Males in this country are devolving at an alarming rate.

Deadbeat dads are horrible.  They are shunned in moral societies as they should be.  Abortion however, in some parts of the country, is celebrated.  They are both fucked up.  I assume nobody on here likes deadbeats, my comparison between abortion and deadbeats is to highlight the inconsistencies in how people in our society view these topics.  Once again, one is celebrated and the other not so much.  

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arkansas-state-senator-asks-transgender-pharmacist-if-she-has-penis-committee-hearing

Funny as this may seem, it's crazy that they want to give children the legal ability to make decisions about permanent changes to their bodies.  

I couldn't get a sweet barbed wire tattoo when I was 12 (thank God) because the age limit was 18.   We can't even buy beer in this country until we're 21.  

If we're going to start letting children make adult decisions about their sex, then why stop there?  Give 12 year olds their drivers licenses and let them get tattoos.   Let them buy beer and cigarettes.   Make them file tax returns as well.   Even better, don't punish adults for banging minors, afterall the children are mature enough to say yes or no to a sex change.   

How is it any different from making a decision to get your sex changed?   

I don't care what an adult does to their body but for the love of God, leave the children alone.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4