The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

https://www.foxnews.com/us/eric-adams-warns-nyc-service-cuts-prioritize-migrants-title-42-expires-cant-continue

I thought they love illegal immigrants.   Why the sudden change of heart?   If I was the Mayor of NYC, I'd welcome them with open arms.  Afterall, how can we call a human illegal?   

CA is the same.   We can't accommodate the illegals but the Dems have historically been pushing for more.  Now it's a problem?  Newsom is crying as well.  Saying we're not prepared.   Lol.   

They need to own this.   It's their mess to clean up.   LET THEM ALL IN.  Humans aren't and can't be illegal.  Lol.  More clown leadership.  

Hey Mr. President, tear down those walls!!!  (Imagine the Reagan speech to Gorbachev when saying this)

• Upvote 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/19/gen-z-on-new-college-and-career-plans-in-post-roe-america.html

I cant have an abortion for convenience so I want to move to another country.  

It's a lot cheaper to wear a condom.  

Why is the USA so infatuated with getting abortions?   Did George Washington fight for abortions?  

If I fry up an endangered sea turtle egg and put it into my breakfast burrito, I'll go to federal prison.  Most of the people fighting to remove defenseless humans from a  woman's body will be the same people lynching me for eating that burrito.   Are they too stupid to see the irony in this?  

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/19/gen-z-on-new-college-and-career-plans-in-post-roe-america.html

I cant have an abortion for convenience so I want to move to another country.  

It's a lot cheaper to wear a condom.  

Why is the USA so infatuated with getting abortions?   Did George Washington fight for abortions?  

If I fry up an endangered sea turtle egg and put it into my breakfast burrito, I'll go to federal prison.  Most of the people fighting to remove defenseless humans from a  woman's body will be the same people lynching me for eating that burrito.   Are they too stupid to see the irony in this?  

Leftists: “We should be more like Europe!”

Leftists when they learn about most European country’s abortion laws: “….”

Leftists: “We should be more like Japan, no one is allowed to own guns!”

Leftists when they learn about Japan’s strict immigration laws: “….”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Valid.  Not sure how tasty endangered sea turtle eggs are, not sure we should fry them up.  But the analogy stands.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/21/opinions/the-whale-fatphobia-brendan-fraser-ctrp-stewart/index.html

"Fatphobic".  Lol

Eat yourself into an oppressed group of people.   

Don't get mad at what you see in the mirror and blame others for laughing at you when you order six big macs for yourself.   

Finally the left is actually correct for once in labeling something as a "phobia".  I actually am scared of fat people.  Scared that they might sit next to me on an airplane and take up half my seat.  Or scared that they will get the window exit row seat and we all burn to death while they try to unhook their seatbelt extender, extract themselves from the seat, only to have them get stuck halfway out the door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think obesity is the worst problem facing the citizenry of this country and while a lot of that has to do with personal choice, this country is not set up to make meaningful change to curb it. Subsidies to farmers that are still in effect from the Great Depression to incentivize them to grow crops that exclusively end up making food crazy unhealthy (high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, etc) will never be repealed thanks to lobbying and big agriculture. 

What actually made me officially leave the Republican Party to become a registered independent was the furor surrounding Michele Obama’s “Let’s Move” initiative and wanting to make school lunch healthier. The Republican response to that was purely political and proved nobody wants to actually make a difference. I’ll admit that school lunch and breakfast are just a piece of it, but JFC look at the average group of kids and how many are overweight. It’s terrible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

I think obesity is the worst problem facing the citizenry of this country and while a lot of that has to do with personal choice, this country is not set up to make meaningful change to curb it. Subsidies to farmers that are still in effect from the Great Depression to incentivize them to grow crops that exclusively end up making food crazy unhealthy (high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, etc) will never be repealed thanks to lobbying and big agriculture. 

What actually made me officially leave the Republican Party to become a registered independent was the furor surrounding Michele Obama’s “Let’s Move” initiative and wanting to make school lunch healthier. The Republican response to that was purely political and proved nobody wants to actually make a difference. I’ll admit that school lunch and breakfast are just a piece of it, but JFC look at the average group of kids and how many are overweight. It’s terrible.

Facts.  There isn't another issues that will even come close to the money and lives lost due to obesity.   It'll affect everything and everyone.  

8 hours ago, Smokin said:

Finally the left is actually correct for once in labeling something as a "phobia".  I actually am scared of fat people. 

Nah - not a "phobia". A Phobia is generally an irrational fear. Your fear is completely rational.

4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I think obesity is the worst problem facing the citizenry of this country

Sort of agree -- totally hate it when I see a fat chick who would actually be hot if she weren't fat. Complete shame that a 1 turns into a 0 just because of what she puts into her mouth (sts).

2 hours ago, arg said:

No military groomers in high school!!!

However, let us groom your 7 year old child to become a transgender.  

The difference is nobody is forced into Jr ROTC or ROTC.  As it stands, they want to force you to change your children's sex. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

No military groomers in high school!!!

However, let us groom your 7 year old child to become a transgender.  

The difference is nobody is forced into Jr ROTC or ROTC.  As it stands, they want to force you to change your children's sex. 

I agree it’s f****d that people are able to push the agenda of allowing kids to choose what sex they want to be and then allowing them to seek those changes without parental consent. 

But the data on the MiG is incorrect. The Fox News article you quoted actually referenced an article I saw a few weeks ago (One headline from Dec. 11 portrayed the JROTC as ensnaring teenagers, "Thousands of Teens Are Being Pushed Into Military’s Junior R.O.T.C." ). 

In multiple low income areas across the US, school administration officials are in fact forcing kids into JROTC programs without either the kids’ or parents consent. 
(https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/11/us/jrotc-schools-mandatory-automatic-enrollment.html)

Not advocating for the abolishment of JROTC, and half of the crap in the article I think, is overt sensationalizing. Just giving more context. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, skibum said:

Nah - not a "phobia". A Phobia is generally an irrational fear. Your fear is completely rational.

Agreed. Saw a large flight attendant in corporate refresher training get stuck in the hatch, pulled through by two other FAs.

4 hours ago, arg said:

OMG!!! I'm a victim of grooming!  I feel so used. Lured me in and convinced me to throw high explosives all over the planet while drinking heavily and singing rude songs with my fellow Hawg drivers. I'm going to need a whole lot of counseling by a hot blonde, an emotional support puppy, and a case of good Irish whisky to fix this. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Quick question. Why is it that if a dad chooses not to be in a child’s life he is labeled a dead beat dad but when a woman, who’s the only one who can make the choice, chooses to abort a child she’s glorified under her body her choice? She’s so brave for not bringing a child into this world when she wasn’t “ready.”

Can anyone answer that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Quick question. Why is it that if a dad chooses not to be in a child’s life he is labeled a dead beat dad but when a woman, who’s the only one who can make the choice, chooses to abort a child she’s glorified under her body her choice? She’s so brave for not bringing a child into this world when she wasn’t “ready.”

Can anyone answer that?

1_P8S5Ol5RSYdyKEcI3WlPag.thumb.png.9b2aa7023f77c7da33663aea342b7de6.png

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

Can anyone answer that?

Look up the term "paper abortion." Basically advocating for the right of a father to give up all parental rights to a child as well as responsibilities if the mother decides to have the child. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Look up the term "paper abortion." Basically advocating for the right of a father to give up all parental rights to a child as well as responsibilities if the mother decides to have the child. 

Does every state that legalizes abortion also have this “paper abortion” process for males?  And if so, is it as easy as going into a clinic pregnant and leaving a few hours later not pregnant?

3 hours ago, dream big said:

Queen Karen!

She finally lowered her mask!

3 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Does every state that legalizes abortion also have this “paper abortion” process for males?  And if so, is it as easy as going into a clinic pregnant and leaving a few hours later not pregnant?

No, I don't know any state that has it. The term "paper abortion" comes from men's rights movements. They are trying to make parenthood a universally declinable right. 

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

No, I don't know any state that has it. The term "paper abortion" comes from men's rights movements. They are trying to make parenthood a universally declinable right. 

Gotcha…so once again, progressives prove that abortion has nothing to do with choice.  Dave Chappelle said it best when he said if women can kill the baby then the man should be able to abandon them.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3