The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

4 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Rat - you type a whole lot of what we should do.  A ten year old could do that.  What you are not doing is describing how we go about it.  How do I have a discussion with a liberal about why immigration control is important when they are more outraged that some parents don't want dicks in the girls locker room than the fact that they are paying a shitload more at the pump and the cash register?  Are you not talking to liberals?  That's the kind of stuff they will come at you with claws over nowadays.

The stuff you typed about NPR...good grief you are out of touch.  Yes, the fringe mess is all over the View, all over MSNBC, and all over social media.

Some things just take time, and other things are completely beyond your control. The sooner you realize that, the less grief you'll feel over not being able to convert or connect with the crazies. Do you honestly think you're going to be able to "logic" your way into someone's feelings? What I'm saying is that there may be no "how," as you put it. If there was a "how," then by corollary, there would be a correspondent "how" to get you to think boys can be girls. Do you think there is a "how" that will accomplish that? Yeah I didn't think so.

No. Sometimes, you just need to batten down the hatches, preach the truth to anyone who will listen, protect who you can, and let the shit collapse under its own weight - like seems to be happening right now in places like Oregon.

To not be too cynical though, honestly, the best thing to do is probably approach all this indirectly - i.e. don't focus on "defeating" your opponent or converting people to your team. Create (or participate in) good institutions that reflect your values and be truly welcoming to other people who don't necessarily think like you. Put another way: show them, don't tell them.

Edited by ViperMan
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Rat - you type a whole lot of what we should do.  A ten year old could do that.  What you are not doing is describing how we go about it.  How do I have a discussion with a liberal about why immigration control is important when they are more outraged that some parents don't want dicks in the girls locker room than the fact that they are paying a shitload more at the pump and the cash register?  Are you not talking to liberals?  That's the kind of stuff they will come at you with claws over nowadays.

The stuff you typed about NPR...good grief you are out of touch.  Yes, the fringe mess is all over the View, all over MSNBC, and all over social media.

Facts, I’ve seen three separate liberal “friends” claim they are happy to pay higher gas prices to do their part to combat climate change and help Ukraine, no joke.  The moderate dems must be in hiding. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dream big said:

Facts, I’ve seen three separate liberal “friends” claim they are happy to pay higher gas prices to do their part to combat climate change and help Ukraine, no joke.  The moderate dems must be in hiding. 

20221102_091055.gif

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nunya said:

They’re gonna make some beautiful kids!

I just wanna watch them try.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Some things just take time, and other things are completely beyond your control. The sooner you realize that, the less grief you'll feel over not being able to convert or connect with the crazies. Do you honestly think you're going to be able to "logic" your way into someone's feelings? What I'm saying is that there may be no "how," as you put it. If there was a "how," then by corollary, there would be a correspondent "how" to get you to think boys can be girls. Do you think there is a "how" that will accomplish that? Yeah I didn't think so.

No. Sometimes, you just need to batten down the hatches, preach the truth to anyone who will listen, protect who you can, and let the shit collapse under its own weight - like seems to be happening right now in places like Oregon.

To not be too cynical though, honestly, the best thing to do is probably approach all this indirectly - i.e. don't focus on "defeating" your opponent or converting people to your team. Create (or participate in) good institutions that reflect your values and be truly welcoming to other people who don't necessarily think like you. Put another way: show them, don't tell them.

Agree.  Its frustrating, but I agree.

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Someone has to hold the camera

And someone has to hide in the bushes and peer through the window 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lottery-systemic-racism-massive-powerball-payout

Systemic is the buzzword of the 2020s!   Systemic this and that.  My mom had a serious gambling problem.  Was that her fault or could she blame someone else?   Before you answer this, I must forewarn you that she is a pale face.   Also, my family is plagued with drug/alcohol abuse on both sides.  My brother did a lot of time behind bars.   Who do I get to blame for this?  I used to blame my brother for his actions.   Maybe it's not his fault?  Oh yes, I must be stupid.  He's a white guy so he needs to be accountable of his own actions without a scapegoat.  

Not everything is someone else's fault.  Take accountability for your actions and quit blaming others for your mistakes.   

I know some people have it harder than others (from personal experience) but quit finding excuses for them when they choose poorly (Indiana Jones).   It's not working.    

Really, the lottery is racist?  

Edit: Systemic.   How long has President Biden been a part of the system?   What about Pelosi?  Dems shouldn't get a free pass.  Afterall, it's the system's fault and there are a whole lot of dems who have been part of that same system for quite some time.  

Too much hypocrisy in our world. It gets old hearing about how hard everyone else has it.  I remember plenty of brown kids making fun of my Jordache (extra cheap) shoes in the 80s.  They seemed to have better shoes and clothes than me.   

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Also, my family is plagued with drug/alcohol abuse on both sides.  My brother did a lot of time behind bars.   Who do I get to blame for this?  I used to blame my brother for his actions.   Maybe it's not his fault?  Oh yes, I must be stupid.  He's a white guy so he needs to be accountable of his own actions without a scapegoat.  

Not everything is someone else's fault.  Take accountability for your actions and quit blaming others for your mistakes.   

Here’s my question: Why does it have to be all one way or the other?  Two things can be true at the same time. Your brother may indeed have made poor life choices. At the same time, the society we live in may not be providing adequate support. For instance, is it possible that your brother’s issues are, at least in part, a result of mental health issues? Are we getting people the help they need? Should we hold individuals responsible for the choices they make? Absolutely! Should we also strive to provide them the tools to turn their lives around? Also yes. 

37 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Here’s my question: Why does it have to be all one way or the other?  Two things can be true at the same time. Your brother may indeed have made poor life choices. At the same time, the society we live in may not be providing adequate support. For instance, is it possible that your brother’s issues are, at least in part, a result of mental health issues? Are we getting people the help they need? Should we hold individuals responsible for the choices they make? Absolutely! Should we also strive to provide them the tools to turn their lives around? Also yes. 

Well that's where things go south.  You got it right there for a second - we should hold individuals responsible for the choices that they made.  At that point you should've scrolled up and realized that life choices matter.  No assistance for poor life choices.  That's my $ going to wrong life choices.  The times I got choices wrong hooked a ride.  I didn't get any money or sympathy.  I got told that I failed the out of that ride and I better get my shit together.  See the diff?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Systemic is the buzzword of the 2020s!   Systemic this and that.  My mom had a serious gambling problem.  Was that her fault or could she blame someone else?   Before you answer this, I must forewarn you that she is a pale face.   Also, my family is plagued with drug/alcohol abuse on both sides.  My brother did a lot of time behind bars.   Who do I get to blame for this?  I used to blame my brother for his actions.   Maybe it's not his fault?  Oh yes, I must be stupid.  He's a white guy so he needs to be accountable of his own actions without a scapegoat.  

I know some people have it harder than others (from personal experience) but quit finding excuses for them when they choose poorly (Indiana Jones).   It's not working.    

Edit: Systemic.   How long has President Biden been a part of the system?   What about Pelosi?  Dems shouldn't get a free pass.  Afterall, it's the system's fault and there are a whole lot of dems who have been part of that same system for quite some time.  

Too much hypocrisy in our world. It gets old hearing about how hard everyone else has it.  I remember plenty of brown kids making fun of my Jordache (extra cheap) shoes in the 80s.  They seemed to have better shoes and clothes than me.   

True.

14 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Dude it’s 2022, everything is Racist. Highways, elections, SATs, pilot training.…you’re even a racist just for posting this!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Prozac said:

I agree with your statement about two things being true at one time.  I'm just a little tired of hearing how everyone else had it so much worse because they were darker than me.  I know racism still exist as I've been callled racial slurs and have heard brown people remind me that "Hey white boy, you're in the wrong neighborhood".  I've also heard other whites say racially offensive things.  I'm 100% positive that we're the only race that does that (sarcasm).   But JFC we aren't living in the Confederate Sates of America last time I checked?  Finding a solution to helping people doesn't start with telling them it's not their fault.   My brother went through a lot as a kid.  I wish that he could have gotten help sooner but I'm not giving him a free pass.  He knew what he was doing.  The good thing about my brother is that he'll tell you himself that he was a fuck up.  As much as I despised him for what he put my parents through I still respect him for owning up to his wrong doings.  

I want them (America's helpless) to know that they (politicians) are telling you it's not your fault to continue keeping you down.  They (politicians) don't really care about your struggle.  They care about you figuring out that you're not a victim.   

Edited by Biff_T
More rambling
  • Upvote 3

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detransitioned-teen-hold-gender-affirming-surgeons-accountable

Back to more woke fun.  I know this is another foxnews.com article but I'm pretty sure this will happen again and maybe another news source will spread this "hate speech".  Are your telling me that this 12 yo wasn't mature enough to make a decision to remove her breasts and take hormone blockers?   Come on man.  

7 hours ago, dream big said:

Dude it’s 2022, everything is Racist. Highways, elections, SATs, pilot training.…you’re even a racist just for posting this!

You forgot the lottery

40 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

I agree with your statement about two things being true at one time.  I'm just a little tired of hearing how everyone else had it so much worse because they were darker than me.  I know racism still exist as I've been callled racial slurs and have heard brown people remind me that "Hey white boy, you're in the wrong neighborhood".  I've also heard other whites say racially offensive things.  I'm 100% positive that we're the only race that does that (sarcasm).   But JFC we aren't living in the Confederate Sates of America last time I checked?  Finding a solution to helping people doesn't start with telling them it's not their fault.   My brother went through a lot as a kid.  I wish that he could have gotten help sooner but I'm not giving him a free pass.  He knew what he was doing.  The good thing about my brother is that he'll tell you himself that he was a fuck up.  As much as I despised him for what he put my parents through I still respect him for owning up to his wrong doings.  

I want them (America's helpless) to know that they (politicians) are telling you it's not your fault to continue keeping you down.  They (politicians) don't really care about your struggle.  They care about you figuring out that you're not a victim.   

“Hey White Boy, you’re in the wrong neighborhood”…thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy. But it doesn’t matter, this woke conversation only goes one way, we all know that. Which is fine, didn’t give a shit till it started to infect the military. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/detransitioned-teen-hold-gender-affirming-surgeons-accountable
Back to more woke fun.  I know this is another foxnews.com article but I'm pretty sure this will happen again and maybe another news source will spread this "hate speech".  Are your telling me that this 12 yo wasn't mature enough to make a decision to remove her breasts and take hormone blockers?   Come on man.  

She should be holding her parents accountable, and, assuming she had one, her psychiatrist. I’d say both of those parties are far more culpable than the guy holding the scalpel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Prozac said:

The problem is the same one that has plagued liberals for a long time. Creating a system sufficiently generous and sufficiently staffed to fulfill that goal, while simultaneously weeding out the small percentage who will bankrupt any such system through abuse, is not feasible.

If liberals would accept sub-single digit percentages of deserving people falling through the cracks, we would already have these systems and they would be perfectly manageable from a financial aspect. However, the very same sentiment that makes liberals want such system leads them to reject any notion that the system would miss some eligible participants and there would be no recourse.

Limiting principals and second-order effects, the eternal weaknesses of liberal policy.