The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

49 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Bill Maher just described the political climate in the country as a Cold Civil War and I think that might be really appropriate. Like a Cold War, the violence is minimal, and often by proxy. But the contempt both sides of America have for each other right now would certainly indicate we are not in a period of peace and cooperation. 

I agree and it is reflective an earlier time in our history when political violence was not just the norm, it was almost celebrated.  Of note some very famous politicians took part in duels, many to the death:

1.  Burr v Hamilton - a sitting Vice President killed his rival in a Duel

2.  Jackson v Dickinson - over an insult to one man's wife

3.  Benton v Lucas - Benton was basically Andrew Jackson's Chief of Staff while in Congress. 

4.  Graves v Cilley - two sitting Congressman fought a duel, Cilley was killed.

5.  Lincoln v Shields - President Lincoln as a State Rep showed to Duel State Auditor James Shields, luckily thier seconds talked them out of the fight or he may have never become President.

6. Clay v Randolph - Clay then Secretary of State and Randolph a sitting U.S. Senator fought a duel where thankfully one purposely missed and the other was a horrible shot.

Not meant to be a history lesson but clearly we have a history of political violence in this country and I hope cooler heads will prevail and dialogue will ensue before we ever get close to the days of old.

• Upvote 1

One thing I don’t think a lot of people realize about your Berkeley type nut jobs is that many of them would be pretty similar to this dude if you started asking them what they believe.

Yeah this wacko sprinkled in some extra right wing type garbage, but a lot of these crazies have no love for any people in our government. Nothing short of a totalitarian state that only caters to their narrow world view is acceptable to them, and people like Nancy Pelosi aren’t viewed as on their side either. In fact, the Pelosi house has been targeted several times since 2020 with some pretty nasty stuff, this one of course taking the cake.

The real thing that people should be looking at here is that the political system in a place like Berkeley, CA let’s losers like this proliferate. Mental illness is not only ignored, it’s often celebrated; and drug use is essentially decriminalized, further fueling the mental death spiral of people like this to the point they feel like acting out on their deranged conspiracy fantasies. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I agree and it is reflective an earlier time in our history when political violence was not just the norm, it was almost celebrated.  Of note some very famous politicians took part in duels, many to the death:

1.  Burr v Hamilton - a sitting Vice President killed his rival in a Duel

2.  Jackson v Dickinson - over an insult to one man's wife

3.  Benton v Lucas - Benton was basically Andrew Jackson's Chief of Staff while in Congress. 

4.  Graves v Cilley - two sitting Congressman fought a duel, Cilley was killed.

5.  Lincoln v Shields - President Lincoln as a State Rep showed to Duel State Auditor James Shields, luckily thier seconds talked them out of the fight or he may have never become President.

6. Clay v Randolph - Clay then Secretary of State and Randolph a sitting U.S. Senator fought a duel where thankfully one purposely missed and the other was a horrible shot.

Not meant to be a history lesson but clearly we have a history of political violence in this country and I hope cooler heads will prevail and dialogue will ensue before we ever get close to the days of old.

Don't say this too loud, the anti-gun lobby will hear you.

22 hours ago, Day Man said:

I like how you say the left has no tolerance for discussion, then gloss over the fact some dude from the right literally tried to kill the speaker of the house with a goddamn hammer.

When did this “dude from the right” stop being a supporter of the Green Party (hardly a right wing organization) and become a member of the right wing?  Was it before or after he became a nudist in the Bay Area and a hemp jewelry maker?  Doesn’t really sound like a hard “right wing” conservative militia type to me.

“Listed years ago in voting records as a Green party supporter, DePape said he also took to the streets with activists who opposed a successful push to ban public nudity in San Francisco, the Chronicle also reported.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/28/paul-pelosi-nancy-pelosi-attack-david-depape?fbclid=IwAR2A4USEQJm6RWCNU3DXdkedzmvofF39O_HZ-x7BGrI-kGMIe2gqjYaG8sE&fs=e&s=cl

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

When did this “dude from the right” stop being a supporter of the Green Party (hardly a right wing organization) and become a member of the right wing?  Was it before or after he became a nudist in the Bay Area and a hemp jewelry maker?  Doesn’t really sound like a hard “right wing” conservative militia type to me.

“Listed years ago in voting records as a Green party supporter, DePape said he also took to the streets with activists who opposed a successful push to ban public nudity in San Francisco, the Chronicle also reported.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/28/paul-pelosi-nancy-pelosi-attack-david-depape?fbclid=IwAR2A4USEQJm6RWCNU3DXdkedzmvofF39O_HZ-x7BGrI-kGMIe2gqjYaG8sE&fs=e&s=cl

He's so far left that he's reached the right.   

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Biff_T said:

He's so far left that he's reached the right.   

"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative."

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, Lord Ratner said:

Yes... That's exactly my point. Welcome.

But if your can't distinguish between Democratic politicians/activists/academics and the Democratic voters, then there will be no progress 

Elections are not going to wake them up. Meaningful interactions with conservatives who can demonstrate a sane alternative to their no-longer-sane party, will. This was always the problem with Trump; he could very effectively communicate the hypocrisies and insanities of the political left, but only to Republicans. His pure odiousness was anathema to anyone you'd actually want to persuade. As anyone in the Air Force heard a million times, perception matters.

Unfortunately my friend, you have been had.  While I do not agree with right wing/evangelical ideology - republicans are not actively trying to destroy America.  Their fringes have been contained.  Democrats have not only failed to contain their fringes, the fringe population grows stronger every day.  The president and everyone on down in that party actively advocates for fringe policies.  Actively advocates for them every day.  Having a conversation with anyone who voted this garbage into office is no longer an option.  That party either splices out the haters of America and sends them packing to make a third party, or they remain haters of America. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Having a conversation with anyone who voted this garbage into office is no longer an option.  That party either splices out the haters of America and sends them packing to make a third party, or they remain haters of America. 

Well, I didn't specifically ask for a demonstration of the failings of the conservatives, but this'll do.

If you think the bulk of Democratic party are even aware of the fringe leftist ideology, much less subscribed to it, it might not be me whose been "had."

Again, conservatives have to decide if they want to save the country, or win the political pissing match. We can't do both.

14 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Again, conservatives have to decide if they want to save the country, or win the political pissing match. We can't do both.

How exactly do you suggest conservatives save the country?  I’m referring to actual policy…not “have a dialogue” with the other side.

21 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

How exactly do you suggest conservatives save the country?  I’m referring to actual policy…not “have a dialogue” with the other side.

I think the culture aspect is much more important than the policy aspect, since policy is much easier to change than culture. But:

Conservatives need to rediscover capitalism. If they are still scoffing at the idea of "income inequality" then we are in trouble. Check out how the wealthiest .1% did during the pandemic. https://wolfstreet.com/2022/09/26/my-wealth-disparity-monitor-september-update-qt-rate-hikes-dropping-stocks-bonds-reduce-outrageous-us-wealth-disparity/

What we have now is corporatism, and it's bad. As long as the government keeps a death grip on the macroeconomy (through Central Bank policy), the rich will continue to have better outcomes from better access.

Beyond that, the 30 years experiment of globalism is burning to the ground around us. We killed the unskilled middle class in exchange for cheap TVs, and we funded the rise of our greatest geopolitical adversary in the process. Republicans (until Trump) are just at much to blame for allowing the wide scale infiltration of all areas of American life by the Chinese. That needs to end, and it's going to be painful.

Always and forever, children are key to voters' hearts. There are a few areas the Republicans can really pull ahead. First, continue the fight against medicalizing trans kids. Next, as the social security and Medicare systems start to collapse under their debt, propose a new medical paradigm where old Americans have their unlimited medical costs capped in exchange for a new government policy that covers anyone under 20 for anything non-cosmetic. The most powerful country on Earth should not be paying to keep old fat people alive way past their expiration date while kids are medical victims of their parents' decisions/fate. A bonus, you take away one of the most traditionally Democratic campaigning strategies.

Continue the push to return this country to a states-first mentality. The more issues we can push to the states, the more apparent the failings of progressive leadership will be. 

But it's not going to matter without conservatives taking the lead on the cultural front. And that's going to require the conversations I've been advocating for in this thread. We spent decades allowing the left to redefine reality, and they've been able to do so starting at a very young age, knowing that social change is measured in generations, not days, months, or years. That means conservatives are going to have to start now and plan on a very long and painful process of regaining the cultural narrative. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

What we have now is corporatism, and it's bad. As long as the government keeps a death grip on the macroeconomy (through Central Bank policy), the rich will continue to have better outcomes from better access.

Beyond that, the 30 years experiment of globalism is burning to the ground around us. We killed the unskilled middle class in exchange for cheap TVs, and we funded the rise of our greatest geopolitical adversary in the process. Republicans (until Trump) are just at much to blame for allowing the wide scale infiltration of all areas of American life by the Chinese. That needs to end, and it's going to be painful.

This is the truth.  We (USA 30 years ago) started the sellout of our future selves for the almighty dollar.   We now get to pay for it. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Next, as the social security and Medicare systems start to collapse under their debt, propose a new medical paradigm where old Americans have their unlimited medical costs capped in exchange for a new government policy that covers anyone under 20 for anything non-cosmetic. The most powerful country on Earth should not be paying to keep old fat people alive way past their expiration date while kids are medical victims of their parents' decisions/fate.

Why do you think the 'trans' movement has begun as it has?  So the "under 20" somethings can have their "NON-COSMETIC" mandatory 'gender affirming' surgeries that were "affirmed" by their parents who would be criminally liable if they decided not to affirm said surgery.  Have you heard what heathcare is like for those transgender individuals post-op?   At all?  Yeah, not so great...and completely un-funded.  Enjoy your new wedding tackle.  Be careful with that "non-cosmetic" phrase my friend.

Let's not ignore responsibility though.  If you're a boomer and you're reading this: THIS IS YOUR FAULT   You raised a generation to think they could be whatever they wanted without any price...and guess what...they're asking for it

No doubt, m'fing' F the F out of the F'ing BOOMERS who voted themselves...and themselves only...into social security.   

In case I'm being vague: I SINCERELY DISLIKE THE BOOMERS WHO THOUGHT SOCIAL SECURITY WAS A GOOD THING FOR AMERICA

That team had absolutely no regard for demographics or facts.  

BTW (for the boomers: that's By The Way), the generation you raised is now incapable of working the hours demanded by your social security, and are unwilling to pay the taxes deemed by your generational voting habits, and are completely against...well...ALL your values because of...you probably didn't guess it...YOU

The sad part is that your values could save America.

Dear Lord Ratner: You claim to be a conservative liberal.  Will you please start acting...and more importantly AVOCATING like one?

Edited by FourFans130

12 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

Why do you think the 'trans' movement has begun as it has?  So the "under 20" somethings can have their "NON-COSMETIC" mandatory 'gender affirming' surgeries that were "affirmed" by their parents who would be criminally liable if they decided not to affirm said surgery.  Have you heard what heathcare is like for those transgender individuals post-op?   At all?  Yeah, not so great...and completely un-funded.  Enjoy your new wedding tackle.  Be careful with that "non-cosmetic" phrase my friend.

Let's not ignore responsibility though.  If you're a boomer and you're reading this: THIS IS YOUR FAULT   You raised a generation to think they could be whatever they wanted without any price...and guess what...they're asking for it

No doubt, m'fing' F the F out of the F'ing BOOMERS who voted themselves...and themselves only...into social security.   

In case I'm being vague: I SINCERELY DISLIKE THE BOOMERS WHO THOUGHT SOCIAL SECURITY WAS A GOOD THING FOR AMERICA

That team had absolutely no regard for demographics or facts.  

BTW (for the boomers: that's By The Way), the generation you raised is now incapable of working the hours demanded by your social security, and are unwilling to pay the taxes deemed by your generational voting habits, and are completely against...well...ALL your values because of...you probably didn't guess it...YOU

The sad part is that your values could save America.

Dear Lord Ratner: You claim to be a conservative liberal.  Will you please start acting...and more importantly AVOCATING like one?

Uh, who are you arguing with? Where did I say I was liberal? And what is a conservative liberal? Is that a moderate? If you were drunk when you posted this, just say so🤣😂

Did you miss the part where I explicitly am against trans procedures for kids? Lemme help:

18 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

First, continue the fight against medicalizing trans kids.

Agreed on the Boomer stuff. Their generation has doomed us all.

19 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

If you think the bulk of Democratic party are even aware of the fringe leftist ideology, much less subscribed to it, it might not be me whose been "had."

Can't agree with you there.  The transgender horror show is on the news every day.  Unchecked illegal immigration is on the news every day.  Drug infested tent cities, BLM, unfund the police, very late term abortions, and on and on.  All over the news/entertainment feeds every single day.  The only thing I can think of that would cause you to make that statement is that you no longer consider those to be fringe ideals.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Can't agree with you there.  The transgender horror show is on the news every day.  Unchecked illegal immigration is on the news every day.  Drug infested tent cities, BLM, unfund the police, very late term abortions, and on and on.  All over the news/entertainment feeds every single day.  The only thing I can think of that would cause you to make that statement is that you no longer consider those to be fringe ideals.

Tell me you only watch conservative media without telling me you only watch conservative media.

I listen to NPR in my car. Nothing else. It is incredible how they twist and stretch every story to downplay the innumerable failings of the left. Honestly sometimes it's downright impressive how completely warped their presentation is. Regardless, it presents a completely different reality to those listening than when I listen to Ben Shapiro or (occasionally) Tucker Carlson.

This stuff is *not* in the news every day if you only consume left-leaning media. And it's not like they are extolling the virtues of chopping off some confused teenager's tits. They are simply not reporting on the bad parts, and spending all their time on the "emotional struggle" and bullying of trans kids.

I don't care what you do because you're a random stranger on the internet, but you might learn something surprising if you leave the conservative echo chamber. Granted, the conservative echos are largely correct, but you can't defeat an enemy you don't understand, and you clearly do not understand how the perpetrators of this nonsense are taking the moderate liberals along for the ride. It's eye-opening.

41 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

I listen to NPR in my car. Nothing else. It is incredible how they twist and stretch every story to downplay the innumerable failings of the left. Honestly sometimes it's downright impressive how completely warped their presentation is. Regardless, it presents a completely different reality to those listening than when I listen to Ben Shapiro or (occasionally) Tucker Carlson.

My hat's off to you. I used to listen to NPR on my way to work as well, but it became absolutely too much for me. Now I only listen to it when I want to piss myself off - which is to say, never. It's blatant propaganda. Now that I recognize it as such, I see less value in *understanding* where they are coming from. Their message is from a different universe, using different facts, using different logic. Once I grasped that, I understood there was no longer any return for my time and attention.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:57 PM, Lord Ratner said:

Yep. I wish more Rs and Ds understood this. We would have more productive conversations about how to help people out. Oh well.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Uh, who are you arguing with? Where did I say I was liberal? And what is a conservative liberal? Is that a moderate? If you were drunk when you posted this, just say so🤣😂

Did you miss the part where I explicitly am against trans procedures for kids? Lemme help:

Agreed on the Boomer stuff. Their generation has doomed us all.

oh yeah, that was definitely a beer rant right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rat - you type a whole lot of what we should do.  A ten year old could do that.  What you are not doing is describing how we go about it.  How do I have a discussion with a liberal about why immigration control is important when they are more outraged that some parents don't want dicks in the girls locker room than the fact that they are paying a shitload more at the pump and the cash register?  Are you not talking to liberals?  That's the kind of stuff they will come at you with claws over nowadays.

The stuff you typed about NPR...good grief you are out of touch.  Yes, the fringe mess is all over the View, all over MSNBC, and all over social media.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1