The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

https://abcnews.go.com/International/russian-court-set-rule-brittney-griners-appeal-year/story?id=91997072

I wonder if she's tired of being WOKEn daily in a Russian cell yet?  

Edited by Biff_T
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Biff_T said:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/russian-court-set-rule-brittney-griners-appeal-year/story?id=91997072

I wonder if she's tired of being WOKEn daily in a Russian cell yet?  

As much as I enjoy watching the karma of this spoiled anthem kneeling brat get prison time in Russia; I don’t believe her crime deserves 9 years in prison…Russia is doing this to embarrass the United States and is free to do so with our weak leadership that couldn’t even negotiate on her behalf. 

19 minutes ago, dream big said:

As much as I enjoy watching the karma of this spoiled anthem kneeling brat get prison time in Russia; I don’t believe her crime deserves 9 years in prison…Russia is doing this to embarrass the United States and is free to do so with our weak leadership that couldn’t even negotiate on her behalf. 

No sympathy here. Many other countries have much harsher penalties than here(I'm sure you know that) She deserves the time that the country she's caught in sees fit. She could get twice that in Mexico. I'm thinking about sending her a CD with 47 versions of the National Anthem. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I am really surprised our liberal friends on the board have not celebrated this proposal by one of their own.

Virginia Democrat to Introduce Bill to Prosecute Parents Who Refuse to Treat Child as Opposite Sex

In summary if the bill passes a parent could be charged with felony child abuse if a did not honor their minor child's request to be treated as the opposite sex.  So if I don't consent to give my 14 year old puberty blockers that will permanently change their bodies I should go to jail.  WTF...seriously WTF is wrong with you.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

I am really surprised our liberal friends on the board have not celebrated this proposal by one of their own.

Virginia Democrat to Introduce Bill to Prosecute Parents Who Refuse to Treat Child as Opposite Sex

In summary if the bill passes a parent could be charged with felony child abuse if a did not honor their minor child's request to be treated as the opposite sex.  So if I don't consent to give my 14 year old puberty blockers that will permanently change their bodies I should go to jail.  WTF...seriously WTF is wrong with you.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  They are really going to the next level of ludicrous speed with the child trans movement.  I'd like to confidently say there is no way this will pass but we all know what is possible with so many nutjobs making laws.  Teenagers  don't have the mental capacity to be making these decisions.   If they aren't mature enough to watch a rated R movie then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to make decisions to mutilate their bodies on a whim.  They can't even get a sweet tribal tattoo until they're 18.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

Here is the dude that interviewed Biden.  

I thought that whole thing was a joke.  Holy shit! This is what our President is focusing on when  Vladimir is dancing with nuclear war?   Really???   The left has gone insane.   I have question for Mr.  President, how many American children went to bed hungry last night?  

• Upvote 2

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/transgender-men-call-inclusion-amid-abortion-fight-exist/story?id=92012008

There is so much wrong in this article.  Have fun reading it.  This is the new America.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/transgender-men-call-inclusion-amid-abortion-fight-exist/story?id=92012008

There is so much wrong in this article.  Have fun reading it.  This is the new America.   

It's not America though.  They are certainly trying their best to make it seem like this is common though.  Sure does wonders for keeping people enraged and engaged.  

21 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

You either believe that liberal American voters are by and large patriotic Americans who love their kids the same way you do and serve their country with the same motivations, or you believe they are committed operatives of the Democratic party who engage in online conversation to soften the beach head for absurd policies that target the most vulnerable amongst us.

If you believe the latter, then maybe you're the problem too.

My point is that your approach to have conversations with those who politically disagree with you can't start with clearly demeaning commentary if (big "if" in the era of look-at-how-smart-I-am Internet posting) your goal is actually to change minds and build consensus against stupid/dangerous policy.

Or perhaps put more elegantly by someone we can all look up to, regardless of background or political alignment...

not wrong the big lebowski GIF

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

You either believe that liberal American voters are by and large patriotic Americans who love their kids the same way you do and serve their country with the same motivations

Are we talking about “traditional” liberal democrats or are we talking about progressive liberals? The latter are POS people who do not care about kids or this country. It’s time for the Democrats to punt these shitbags out of the party and force them to officially establish a 3rd party. Then we can get back to what the Democratic Party used to be and the newly formed Progressive party can run their candidates and policies unimpeded by moderate democrats. Of course that would result in them never winning because the majority of America does not support their lunatic ideas. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

My point is that your approach to have conversations with those who politically disagree with you can't start with clearly demeaning commentary if (big "if" in the era of look-at-how-smart-I-am Internet posting) your goal is actually to change minds and build consensus against stupid/dangerous policy.

This is a valid point. 20 years ago.

Nowadays Democrats are the party of prosecuting parents who do not want “doctors” chopping off their 13–year-olds genitals without their knowledge.  

These are not people who love the country as I do & we can find a way to meet in the middle. These are people who literally want to abolish the white race (among other dangerous positions).  Has any population peacefully coexisted with such disparity in morality?  “Live and let live” has been usurped by “obey or be punished” for Democrats.

The peaceful solution is fully embracing our founding principals of limited and representative government which exists to enable life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness bounded by the constitution.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, uhhello said:

It's not America though.  They are certainly trying their best to make it seem like this is common though.  Sure does wonders for keeping people enraged and engaged.  

Yup.  Always have to keep in mind that the media is incentivized to keep your eyeballs on their site/station.  You occasionally get a window into the sausage being made, like when Ariana Pekary (MSNBC producer) resigned via a scathing public letter.

"The model blocks diversity of thought and content because the networks have incentive to amplify fringe voices and events, at the expense of others… all because it pumps up the ratings."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

<snip>

These are not people who love the country as I do & we can find a way to meet in the middle. These are people who literally want to abolish the white race (among other dangerous positions).  Has any population peacefully coexisted with such disparity in morality?  “Live and let live” has been usurped by “obey or be punished” for Democrats.

<snip>

The left has been indoctrinated to believe that the US is evil, and that we would be better without it (this country).  There are many people who are ashamed about the principles of capitalism and a representative republic.  For example, when I watch TV from say the BBC (in England), I get lots of nationalism and pride.  When I watch a documentary here (PBS is typical), I get lots of regret, revisionism and accusation.  How much punishment do I have to take as a US citizen - from my own people?

Our left feels that US nationalism is completely evil, and needs to be eliminated.  The minor detail here, is that other countries have really strong nationalism, something out left tries to ignore.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GrndPndr said:

Is this pride (and lack of pride) a bad thing, or just an indicator?

The first group was asked how proud they were, then the second group (notice the bewilderment?)

It's a product of the last 30 years of being taught to hate yourself if you're white.   I'm calling it what it is.   I remember being taught that we're all Americans and to not see race when I was young.  Now the message is to be proud of were your ancestors came from unless they came from Europe.  Until this changes, we are always going to be divided.   I'm not really sure why people are so "proud" to be from somewhere.  It's not like we got to choose what color to be born.   

Edited by Biff_T
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Or perhaps put more elegantly by someone we can all look up to, regardless of background or political alignment...

not wrong the big lebowski GIF

Thank you for your valuable critique Karen...Chaz or whatever your name is.  I great appreciate your unsolicited and useless feedback, I am almost a better person for having read it.  For the record, I have NO intent of changing minds that can't be changed but I do enjoy pointing out the lunacy of what they propose. 

As far as your personality assessment, well...I am a pilot so perhaps I'm an asshole afterall.

Or maybe I am a straight up asshole...either way, with all due respect, I could care less what you think 🙂

Finally, I would invite you to use that wonderful little ignore button, that way you wont be triggered, offended or develop any sort of social PTSD reading my future posts.  Cheers! 🥃

En_UyElXMAQA6Gj?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

You either believe that liberal American voters are by and large patriotic Americans who love their kids the same way you do and serve their country with the same motivations, or you believe they are committed operatives of the Democratic party who engage in online conversation to soften the beach head for absurd policies that target the most vulnerable amongst us.

If you believe the latter, then maybe you're the problem too.

#1, but with a whole lotta "been woefully misled" into thinking all manner of asinine things.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your valuable critique Karen...Chaz or whatever your name is.  I great appreciate your unsolicited and useless feedback, I am almost a better person for having read it.  For the record, I have NO intent of changing minds that can't be changed but I do enjoy pointing out the lunacy of what they propose. 
As far as your personality assessment, well...I am a pilot so perhaps I'm an asshole afterall.
[/url] Or maybe I am a straight up asshole...either way, with all due respect, I could care less what you think
Finally, I would invite you to use that wonderful little ignore button, that way you wont be triggered, offended or develop any sort of social PTSD reading my future posts.  Cheers! 🥃
En_UyElXMAQA6Gj?format=jpg&name=360x360

I’m a little slow. Forgive me. What was your point in that post? You disagreed with him but I’m not sure why or what your counter was.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2