The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Here’s the original tweet. The soy is strong in the responses.

SF deserves this.   Perhaps, instead of enjoying the Blue Angels, they can enjoy staring at the formations of homeless people shitting on the sidewalks.   I think it's funny how that place is literally turning into a pile of dung.   

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

SF deserves this.   Perhaps, instead of enjoying the Blue Angels, they can enjoy staring at the formations of homeless people shitting on the sidewalks.   I think it's funny how that place is literally turning into a pile of dung.   

Peak SF for tourism was probably 15 years ago; now they’ve “progressed” so much they’re regressing.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Here’s the original tweet. The soy is strong in the responses.

I was there this weekend.  Fog wouldn't let up.  Everything above the Golden Gate Bridge deck was obscured.  Sucked they couldn't do the show.  From the amount of people on the streets & in the parks eagerly awaiting the Blues, I'd wager the majority of SF does not agree with Mr. Preston.  Side note, after hearing so much about how awful SF has become, I was expecting much worse.  Yes, there is a homeless problem, and yes, if you hang out in the Tenderloin, you're likely to see some unsavory things.  But for the most part, the rest of the city was relatively clean, and at no point did I feel uncomfortable walking around with my kids.  Politics aside, it's still a cool city.  Go visit.  

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

I was there this weekend.  Fog wouldn't let up.  Everything above the Golden Gate Bridge deck was obscured.  Sucked they couldn't do the show.  From the amount of people on the streets & in the parks eagerly awaiting the Blues, I'd wager the majority of SF does not agree with Mr. Preston.  Side note, after hearing so much about how awful SF has become, I was expecting much worse.  Yes, there is a homeless problem, and yes, if you hang out in the Tenderloin, you're likely to see some unsavory things.  But for the most part, the rest of the city was relatively clean, and at no point did I feel uncomfortable walking around with my kids.  Politics aside, it's still a cool city.  Go visit.  

I was there 2 years ago and saw a homeless man walking around near the Transamerica Pyramid with dried shit on his ass.  Not a just a small peice, but it was a full shit that he took in his pants, let it dry in said pants and proceeded to sag pants as well.  It was a dried pancake of terd stuck to his ass.  He proceeded to wipe his ass bear style on the side of a bank that was open (people walking in and out approximately 3-5 feet away).  All the while,  people in the city walked by like it was no big deal.   It was lunchtime.  The only reason I noticed was when the homeless man walked by me,  I smelt shit.   No one else seemed to care.  

Edited by Biff_T
I proofread after I post

29 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

I was there 2 years ago and saw a homeless man walking around near the Transamerica Pyramid with dried shit on his ass.  Not a just a small peice, but it was a full shit that he took in his pants, let it dry in said pants and proceeded to sag pants as well.  It was a dried pancake of terd stuck to his ass.  He proceeded to wipe his ass bear style on the side of bank that was open (people walking in and out approximately 3-5 feet away).  All the while,  people in the city walked by like it was no big deal.   It was lunchtime.  The only reason I noticed was when the homeless man walked by me,  I smelt shit.   No one else seemed to care.  

Be careful not to step in sidewalk shit. It’s everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

gerald broflovski driving GIF by South ParkI’m positive there’s plenty of us here working for a certain airline that allows us the opportunity to visit SFO quite more than we’d like and at least enough to form our own opinions of the place. I’m glad you enjoyed your trip, but I’ve played more than enough human shit hopscotch. Thanks 

Edited by O Face

1 hour ago, O Face said:

gerald broflovski driving GIF by South ParkI’m positive there’s plenty of us here working for a certain airline that allows us the opportunity to visit SFO quite more than we’d like and at least enough to form our own opinions of the place. I’m glad you enjoyed your trip, but I’ve played more than enough human shit hopscotch. Thanks 

Fair ‘nuff but you might want to talk to your hotel committee about securing a better location. 😉 

Was on Hollywood blvd this morning and almost every neighboring side street has tarps and tents with garbage and filth everywhere.

I thought the homeless problem was being overblown by right wing media until I saw it in person.

• Upvote 1

Wanna have some SF fun and make em cry?  Rent one of these from Hertz.  Introducing the The Shelby GT-H (H for Hertz).  500HP of 'Merican V8 power, sporting a Hertz custom Borla exhaust (sounds AWESOME), fat tires, big brakes, 10 speed auto tranny (so you can keep both hands of the wheel of this power monster).  You can rent this in SFO.  Now I will add that more fun is had if you go north and get into the winding roads.  Every gallon of gas is a blast.  So Much Fun!  0-60 in 3.9s, and I know, Tesla Plaid blah blah blah, but Tesla sounds like eh.  This baby growls all the way, so they hear you coming... and going.

SHELBY AMERICAN, HERTZ AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY LAUNCH 50TH ANNIVERSARY  EDITION FORD SHELBY GT-H | Ford Media Center

Hertz is also making some custom 900+ HP supercharged Shelby GT500s for rent, but none for SFO. 

• Upvote 1

Wanna have some SF fun and make em cry?  Rent one of these from Hertz.  Introducing the The Shelby GT-H (H for Hertz).  500HP of 'Merican V8 power, sporting a Hertz custom Borla exhaust (sounds AWESOME), fat tires, big brakes, 10 speed auto tranny (so you can keep both hands of the wheel of this power monster).  You can rent this in SFO.  Now I will add that more fun is had if you go north and get into the winding roads.  Every gallon of gas is a blast.  So Much Fun!  0-60 in 3.9s, and I know, Tesla Plaid blah blah blah, but Tesla sounds like eh.  This baby growls all the way, so they hear you coming... and going.
1500084569527.jpg
Hertz is also making some custom 900+ HP supercharged Shelby GT500s for rent, but none for SFO. 

Your rental Shelby will be pleasant on the ears compared to all the straight piped civics and integras still running around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

SHELBY AMERICAN, HERTZ AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY LAUNCH 50TH ANNIVERSARY  EDITION FORD SHELBY GT-H | Ford Media Center

What a throwback

1500084569527.jpg

That survived their bankruptcy?

On 10/13/2022 at 12:14 AM, di1630 said:

Was on Hollywood blvd this morning and almost every neighboring side street has tarps and tents with garbage and filth everywhere.

I thought the homeless problem was being overblown by right wing media until I saw it in person.

Yeah.  There's a real problem with that here.   It doesn't even look like the US in parts of SoCal.   Entire city blocks of LA have been taken over by the homeless.   It's been this way for years.   Los Angeles is a shit hole.  I love Southern CA but when it comes to the homeless, the governments (local and state) have done nothing to keep this place lovable.   OC is not as bad but it's getting worse here as well.  

There are entire shanty towns set up.  It looks like something from the great depression.  

3 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Yeah.  There's a real problem with that here.   It doesn't even look like the US in parts of SoCal.   Entire city blocks of LA have been taken over by the homeless.   It's been this way for years.   Los Angeles is a shit hole.  I love Southern CA but when it comes to the homeless, the governments (local and state) have done nothing to keep this place lovable.   OC is not as bad but it's getting worse here as well.  

There are entire shanty towns set up.  It looks like something from the great depression.  

At least in downtown San Diego the cops have been forcing the homeless / addicts to take their tents down during the day...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Somehow they'll manage to clean it all up for the 2028 Olympics, I have no doubt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, dream big said:

One of the biggest things I miss about Japan…no homeless in sight. It is considered shameful. One of the cleanest countries I’ve been to besides Singapore. 

Which is crazy considering they got rid of every public trash can in the country.

3 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Which is crazy considering they got rid of every public trash can in the country.

Yeah that's one of my biggest pet places traveling Asia. I generally love it but carry my empty coke can with me for 4 hours until I get home drives me insane. 

One of the biggest things I miss about Japan…no homeless in sight. It is considered shameful. One of the cleanest countries I’ve been to besides Singapore. 

I actually saw a homeless person sleeping on the street in Nagoya last week, totally surprised to see it. Now contrast that with Anchorage or LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app