The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Lol Reddit'd political subs are all super liberal. It's notoriously well know right now. They chased all of the conservatives off about 5-7 years ago and Reddits policies were particularly favorable to liberal subs. 

However, since you mentioned it, something you should know is that Reddit has more bot accounts (actual bots not reddit bots) than probably any other social media platform. There is an enormous bot army of posters and upvoters/downvoters that are state sponsored and promote specific content on the platform.

For example r/antiwork is notorious for posting fake stories of employee abuse DAILY. The sub's moderators are associated with the US communist party and have admitted before that they will not allow content that doesn't ultimately benefit revolution or progress the effort to put the means of production in workers hands. 

Another example of reddit policies was default subs (removed in 2018). Reddit used to have default subs every user was automatically subscribed too when creating new accounts. The default subs were all super liberal subs as well. For example extreme 3rd wave feminism sun r/TwoXChromosones was a default sub and as a result has 1.2 million users now. This exposed more people to see their content but also artificially inflated their popularity leading people to believe post there were more mainstream to the public discord than they actually are. 

That's like everything you need to know about politics on Reddit. It's a huge echo chamber of some Uber hippies posting things to get upvotes from bots because most people dont realize they aren't real people, and it inflates their ego. 

F reddit.  As fun as it is to get into arguments with Chinese trolls.  I'm done with that place.  

Social Media has done a lot of harm to society.   It has done some good as well but life seemed less dramatic when we (humans) weren't posting what sex our toddlers chose to be that day.  I really enjoy the internet but at the same time some people can't handle the amount of information (fact or fiction) available.   The Earth is flat, let the government take your weapons, you're not cool if you don't like abortion, everybody you meet is either gay or had a sex change, everyone is oppressed (except white males), America sucks, China's government sucks but don't make that a public statement because they pay too much money (Hollywood elite), we didn't land on the moon,  Marty McFly did not travel through time...lol you get point.   Too many idiots in our country. 

We're focked.   Mob rule mentality combined with social media and idiots will bring down this country.  

Social media is a great way to control the masses.  Peer pressure is a bitch.  Making the weak minded conform is easy with it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, arg said:

This woke shit has officially crossed the line.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/velma-lesbian-scooby-doo-movie

To be fair, I always knew she was on our team.  I'd rather it have been Daphne. 

• Haha 1

Screensho.thumb.jpg.a5b1383977e17e7f47d0a6b46730eb86.jpg

A friend sent me this.   

6 hours ago, Biff_T said:

F reddit.  As fun as it is to get into arguments with Chinese trolls.  I'm done with that place.  

Social Media has done a lot of harm to society.   It has done some good as well but life seemed less dramatic when we (humans) weren't posting what sex our toddlers chose to be that day.  I really enjoy the internet but at the same time some people can't handle the amount of information (fact or fiction) available.   The Earth is flat, let the government take your weapons, you're not cool if you don't like abortion, everybody you meet is either gay or had a sex change, everyone is oppressed (except white males), America sucks, China's government sucks but don't make that a public statement because they pay too much money (Hollywood elite), we didn't land on the moon,  Marty McFly did not travel through time...lol you get point.   Too many idiots in our country. 

We're focked.   Mob rule mentality combined with social media and idiots will bring down this country.  

Social media is a great way to control the masses.  Peer pressure is a bitch.  Making the weak minded conform is easy with it.  

You have to remember that twitter/fb/etc is troll farms and a tiny slice of the actual world population using it.  It's also engineered to keep you engaged (enraged).  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Biff_T said:

We - modern people - necessarily cannot recognize every bit of propaganda in our society. So with that said, understand that you may be falling prey to the actual purpose of propaganda you've unknowingly consumed. As obvious as previous generations' propaganda seems to us, it likely compelled behaviors from people unwittingly. Point: what you may be focused on may be bait to get you to behave exactly as you're beginning to behave.

I hope you realize that at least one of propaganda's purposes is meant to demoralize you and get you to not care and finally to disengage. That creates maneuver space for your enemy. I'm not saying you should spend more time on reddit. I'm saying you might consider exactly why it is you feel the way you feel and to not disengage at large. You should speak your mind, vote, and be a beacon to other people who think like you do. Because they do.

I hear your about peer pressure. Most students and academia nowadays have succumbed in one way or another to this pressure, and even whole parts of "science" have now fallen to it. The irony of college being about free-thinking in the modern era should instantly collapse when presented with the fact that it has become a nearly complete mono culture, rife with conformity. It's disheartening and demoralizing...until you realize that these things only have as much power over you as you give them. Because America.

• Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kanye-west-doubles-down-amid-white-lives-matter-clothing-backlash-they-do

I don't like the guy's music but he's definitely stirred up the hornets' nest.   Lol.   

I don't care about lives mattering based in the color of your skin.  I'm from Irish/Scottish descent (raised Roman Catholic) I've never once wore a shirt that says Irish Pride.  None of that should matter.  Some nerds are placing way too much significance on their culture.  I get it, people love their culture but quit being upset if another color of people decide to take the same "pride" that others do (without being racist).   I think it's OK to like where you came from but we're all in America now.  We should be fighting on the same team (like Velma).   

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Biff_T said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kanye-west-doubles-down-amid-white-lives-matter-clothing-backlash-they-do

I don't like the guy's music but he's definitely stirred up the hornets' nest.   Lol.   

I don't care about lives mattering based in the color of your skin.  I'm from Irish/Scottish descent (raised Roman Catholic) I've never once wore a shirt that says Irish Pride.  None of that should matter.  Some nerds are placing way too much significance on their culture.  I get it, people love their culture but quit being upset if another color of people decide to take the same "pride" that others do (without being racist).   I think it's OK to like where you came from but we're all in America now.  We should be fighting on the same team (like Velma).   

We are running around Paris this week and hoping to run into him or better yet, Candace but it looks like they stay in better hotels than us.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Springer said:

We are running around Paris this week and hoping to run into him or better yet, Candace but it looks like they stay in better hotels than us.  

That's awesome!   😆 

On 10/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, Tank said:

😁

51090A0E-B168-4491-BE0A-77B0670A1974.jpeg

77061B96-8E1A-4A4D-AE3C-7EAB32FF4F08.jpeg

Hollywood does this intentionally. The Hollywood elites couldn’t care less about “representation” or “equity”, they know replacing minorities with previously non-minority roles (Little Mermaid, etc) will elicit a response from conservatives, reasonable ones like I see in this forum. Then, the left can say “See how racist and bigoted the conservatives are!?!”

It’s the same advantage to nominate minorities for cabinet positions, even the VP. You dare criticize the first female half black half Indian Vice President? Well you must be a racist. 

This is literally how many of the left think today and it’s very concerning. You even see it bleeding into the military. If you’re a female or minority and didn’t get the strat, job push you wanted? Just accuse your leadership of sexism / racism and you’d be far how that ball will carry these days. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dream big said:

Hollywood does this intentionally. The Hollywood elites couldn’t care less about “representation” or “equity”, they know replacing minorities with previously non-minority roles (Little Mermaid, etc) will elicit a response from conservatives, reasonable ones like I see in this forum. Then, the left can say “See how racist and bigoted the conservatives are!?!”

It’s the same advantage to nominate minorities for cabinet positions, even the VP. You dare criticize the first female half black half Indian Vice President? Well you must be a racist. 

This is literally how many of the left think today and it’s very concerning. You even see it bleeding into the military. If you’re a female or minority and didn’t get the strat, job push you wanted? Just accuse your leadership of sexism / racism and you’d be far how that ball will carry these days. 

I have a feeling that there are a lot more than just conservatives getting fed up with the extreme left.   What will the far left (liberal terrorists) do when people stop caring about being labeled a racist, sexist, homophobe and etc?   

5 hours ago, Biff_T said:

when people stop caring about being labeled a racist, sexist, homophobe and etc

I was at a school board meeting where a black conservative spoke; some Woke white woman said, “that’s racist.” I shouted out, “I thought black people couldn’t be racist?!” Half the room clapped and cheered, the other half imploded and nailed the “toddler tantrum” vibe. Its like you can almost see the wires in their brain short circuiting and start to smoke. It was hilarious. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, brabus said:

I was at a school board meeting where a black conservative spoke; some Woke white woman said, “that’s racist.” I shouted out, “I thought black people couldn’t be racist?!” Half the room clapped and cheered, the other half imploded and nailed the “toddler tantrum” vibe. Its like you can almost see the wires in their brain short circuiting and start to smoke. It was hilarious. 

earned it applause GIF

• Upvote 1

Lol Reddit'd political subs are all super liberal. It's notoriously well known right now. They chased all of the conservatives off about 5-7 years ago and Reddits policies were particularly favorable to liberal subs. 
However, since you mentioned it, something you should know is that Reddit has more bot accounts (actual bots not reddit bots) than probably any other social media platform. There is an enormous bot army of posters and upvoters/downvoters that are state sponsored and promote specific content on the platform.
For example r/antiwork is notorious for posting fake stories of employee abuse DAILY. The sub's moderators are associated with the US communist party and have admitted before that they will not allow content that doesn't ultimately benefit revolution or progress the effort to put the means of production in workers hands. 
Another example of reddit policies was default subs (removed in 2018). Reddit used to have default subs every user was automatically subscribed too when creating new accounts. The default subs were all super liberal subs as well. For example extreme 3rd wave feminism sub r/TwoXChromosones was a default sub and as a result has 1.2 million users now. This exposed more people to see their content but also artificially inflated their popularity leading people to believe post there were more mainstream to the public discord than they actually are. 
That's like everything you need to know about politics on Reddit. It's a huge echo chamber of some Uber hippies posting things to get upvotes from bots because most people dont realize they aren't real people, and it inflates their ego. 

Yeah, +1 to all of this. Reddit is just another echo chamber. Trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ram said:

Yeah, +1 to all of this. Reddit is just another echo chamber. Trash.

The concept of Reddit is really compelling, and I'm told that in the old days (pre-2010 or thereabouts), it really was a glorious place with a free exchange of ideas.

There are still some interesting corners (the Air Force subreddit is entertaining).  MilitaryStories is another one.  If you have some obscure, niche interest, chances are there is a subreddit for it.

But when it comes to politics, or really anything related to current events, Reddit is a left/progressive echo chamber.  If you aren't posting the "approved" opinions, then don't even bother.  You'll just be downvoted to hell, or just have your stuff deleted.

To add, Reddit is yet another social media site where it's not clear how they make their money (the advertising is minimal, they do have some "paid" user options, but those aren't very widely used).  When it comes to social media, if you can't figure out what the product is, then the product is you.  So, one wonders what exactly Reddit does with all the user data it vacuums up.

• Like 1

Well, they got canceled. Some name changes might hide some bad rep (cough cough, looking at you Ft Hood).  They seem to pick decent new names tho. 

Have fun with your renaming parties, Army.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/10/06/austin-orders-renaming-of-bases-honor-confederate-rebels.html

The bases:

Fort Polk, Louisiana, for example will be named after Sgt. William Johnson, a Black Medal of Honor recipient for valor during World War I. Fort Benning, Georgia, will be renamed Fort Moore in commemoration of Lt. Gen. Hal Moore, a famed cavalry officer depicted in "We Were Soldiers," and his wife, Julia Moore, who spurred the Army to create casualty notification teams. Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia, will honor Dr. Mary Walker, the only female Medal of Honor recipient for her actions treating the wounded during the Civil War. She was also a prisoner of war. 

The other bases with their planned new names are: