The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-equity-plan

How much diversity is enough? And how many levels of diversity? I’ve got to have equal Jewish and Italian demographics for mechanics for the percentage of New Yorkers assigned to Joint base Langley or whatever it’s being called now.

I still blame Fingers Goldfien for his part in this. 2 years of UPT should only contain minorities. Our military is off its rocker.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Guardian said:

How much diversity is enough?

It will never be enough, and that’s by design.  Telling a certain group of people that they’re not doing well because of racism, bigotry, etc and that one political party/philosophy will solve it equates to votes/power/money…so it can never end/be completed.

Similarly, take a look at the NFL.  The left is literally saying that the NFL is racist…the NFL.

Edited by HeloDude
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Similarly, take a look at the NFL.  The left is literally saying that the NFL is racist…the NFL.

I kinda have to agree with them. There shouldn’t be a league based off performance. It should be strictly based off arbitrary percentages of made up identifiers that have nothing to do with football. Start with just one team and let the rest do their thing. You’ll see that one team will be amazing because of its arbitrary diversity.
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Guardian said:

I kinda have to agree with them. There shouldn’t be a league based off performance. It should be strictly based off arbitrary percentages of made up identifiers that have nothing to do with football. Start with just one team and let the rest do their thing. You’ll see that one team will be amazing because of its arbitrary diversity.

This is my chance to be an NFL corner!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guardian said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-equity-plan

How much diversity is enough? And how many levels of diversity? I’ve got to have equal Jewish and Italian demographics for mechanics for the percentage of New Yorkers assigned to Joint base Langley or whatever it’s being called now.

I still blame Fingers Goldfien for his part in this. 2 years of UPT should only contain minorities. Our military is off its rocker.

This should come of no surprise, look at our CINC, VP, administration and the views they hold, not to mention the CJCS, SECDEF, and so on.  They mask their sheer incompetence with virtue signaling (remember the useless one sided “extremism down days” last year) and race baiting.  Putin couldn’t have picked a better time and the Chinese are laughing at us.  But hey, at least we can put our preferred pronouns in our email block!  

• Upvote 1

I didn’t. And I just tried. But I stopped after I read the word equity twice. It’s amazing how racism is passed off as furthering our military. Equity isn’t equal. It’s pushing some people with certain identifiers down to forcibly push others with different identifiers up regardless of the effects on the system or actual effectiveness of the system. Which means it’s racist.

• Upvote 5

I tried again. Made it to page 7. “Equity” everywhere. Listen, if you are on purpose making systems to hold people back, then that isn’t fair for all.

A system where the best of the best are taken and improved upon and allows for each individuals natural talent to shine and have an impact on the whole system is where fairness and the whole system is better for it. I’m all for having programs in communities where lees opportunities are as an example, but when you take that and morph it into a system that pushes those ahead of more qualified and experienced others to a detriment of the system then what would you call that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

I tried again. Made it to page 7. 

It's full of political buzzwords, but the substance is mostly stuff they were probably doing anyways (investing in base schools, helping spouses get jobs, etc. etc)  There's a bit of investing in STEM at HBCUs and the like, but whatever.

So basically, standard response from the bureaucracy.  Insert all the buzzwords into the current plan and claim to be doing the thing.

6 hours ago, busdriver said:

It's linked in the article you posted.  Second link.

https://media.defense.gov/2022/Apr/13/2002976515/-1/-1/0/DOD-EQUITY-ACTION-PLAN.PDF

Seems all spin...though the K-20 investment got my attention. Direct assessions maybe? Professionals getting different signing bonuses maybe? Preferential placement?

In the military installation serving under-represented, assumably minority populations...does that mean cleaning up fuel leaks on Pacific Islanders' ancient homelands? Or can we assume that is PFAS/PFOS cleanup near old farms? How about fuel cleanup near Pueblos? ...which the DoD is already doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

Let’s get real. They probably don’t have any safe spaces. Safe spaces = vastly superior military. I think because it’s like tag with home base. You absolutely can’t tag me when I’m in my safe space. It’s safe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/air-force-launches-safe-space-airmen

No one I know can explain what this “Airman’s time” is about, nor how is it any different than the basic commander responsibilities of knowing and taking care of your Airmen, nor if CMSAF Bass has actually done anything useful in her tenure. 

4 hours ago, dream big said:

No one I know can explain what this “Airman’s time” is about, nor how is it any different than the basic commander responsibilities of knowing and taking care of your Airmen, nor if CMSAF Bass has actually done anything useful in her tenure. 

I wonder if we can bend it to augment PMCR so if we fly Friday-Sunday we don't just get 10 hours off Sunday night and then be expected to show at work Monday like usual...

41 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Your guys squadrons actually honor PMCR? 

Man, I remember flying heavies in ACC and we would do night sorties with a land time of like 2am. Post flight paperwork, mx debrief, what not... get home at 3. Have to be at work at 7:30 the next day.  The squadron and group leadership was always "sorry, there is no post mission crew rest in ACC." That was 10 years ago. I hear its gotten better since.