The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

Editor’s note: After this article’s publication, a source provided records documenting how the female special tactics officer candidate quit during solo land navigation training, but still was offered the opportunity to return.”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/01/07/air-force-accused-of-pushing-woman-through-elite-commando-training-after-she-quit-spurring-investigation/

"It's factually incorrect"... "It's all rumor"..."It lacked context" ... "Singling out a fellow service member for public abuse is bullying and harassment"

Deny, deny, deny, counter accuse.  Classic and predictable response.

I'm sure much of it is rumor.  However, if even 10% of that letter is true, the entire chain of command needs to be fired.  I'm not sure which is worse, the likelihood that it happened or the fact that I'm not even remotely surprised.  Kinda funny how differently whistleblowers are treated depending on if their report upsets the social agenda.  Had it been the other way around, that the SOF community was preventing a qualified female, some of those generals would have already been fired.

Finally, if the dude that wrote that letter somehow reads this board: 1. Good on ya for publishing this.  2. Change your writing style if you ever need to submit anything in writing to the AF or even emails.  I guarantee they're hunting you.

• Upvote 5

So here’s a view that will probably get me crucified but I think this letter without no shit proof is a big foul. You know the whole community and all the fan boys are all boned up on the macho culture of being a CCT and think women can’t hack it*. These assertions feed exactly into that and it’s easy to get the masses worked into a froth with a “told you so” attitude. Same with all the “golden child” comments about her being a minority and fitting a woke agenda. I view this as the same view as a innocent until proven guilty type thing, hence the lack of proof.

*my personal opinion is that women don’t belong on front line infantry (03xx/11 series) or front line SOF units (SF, SEALs, CCT, PJ, Raiders, Rangers) beyond a support capacity. But Congress didn’t ask me so we’re where we’re at now.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

*my personal opinion is that women don’t belong on front line infantry (03xx/11 series) or front line SOF units (SF, SEALs, CCT, PJ, Raiders, Rangers) beyond a support capacity. But Congress didn’t ask me so we’re where we’re at now.

WOW someone needs to re-do those CBTs son! That opinion is NOT allowed around here! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Danger41 said:

So here’s a view that will probably get me crucified but I think this letter without no shit proof is a big foul.

So did AF Times lie when they just said they have received documents proving that this member did in fact quit part of the training and yet was allowed to return?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Danger41 said:

So here’s a view that will probably get me crucified but I think this letter without no shit proof is a big foul. You know the whole community and all the fan boys are all boned up on the macho culture of being a CCT and think women can’t hack it*. These assertions feed exactly into that and it’s easy to get the masses worked into a froth with a “told you so” attitude. Same with all the “golden child” comments about her being a minority and fitting a woke agenda. I view this as the same view as a innocent until proven guilty type thing, hence the lack of proof.

You shouldn't be crucified, but how do you know there isn't more proof? 

In my very limited experience with AFSOC there is usually at least some truth in frustrated letters like this.  I would be willing to bet email or other evidence was provided that is still being held back.  The response form the AFSOC/CC is VERY telling...yeah we get it, there is context, but there is no denial of the facts.  Again, no denial of the facts. 

Sadly, this narrative jives with a lot of other things leaking out of AFSOC/HQ. 

Why did so many senior AFSOC officers leave rather than serve under him? 

Why did both folks slated to fleet up to WING/CC punch at the same rather than serve under this guy? 

Why is he pushing the most caustic human ever to wear the uniform to replace him? 

Did he really classify the entire gunship community as killers without conscious who enjoy killing...and thus they need down time to reflect on themselves?

I, like you, know and respect some of the people named.  However, if any of the alleged facts related to them is true...there is some serious splainin to do.  Seriously, if she was truly offered a Tier 1 position if she would stay, does that pass any sniff test other than a woke agenda?  I am sick to my stomach hoping that part is wrong.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HeloDude said:

So did AF Times lie when they just said they have received documents proving that this member did in fact quit part of the training and yet was allowed to return?

Didn’t see that post prior to my writing. I have no reason to not believe it and the multiple documents referenced throughout the story to document failures or quitting. That honestly changes my opinion significantly because I knew there had to be a simple boilerplate document for eliminations in a program that attrites 75% of candidates. 

If the other assertions are true that she will graduate no matter what, then I agree there should be consequences up the chain of command. It intrigued me that Lt Gen Slife called for an IG investigation into the claims because all these claims lead directly back to him. I know he’s a 40 pound brain playing 4D chess, but that’s interesting.

49 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Didn’t see that post prior to my writing. I have no reason to not believe it and the multiple documents referenced throughout the story to document failures or quitting. That honestly changes my opinion significantly because I knew there had to be a simple boilerplate document for eliminations in a program that attrites 75% of candidates. 

If the other assertions are true that she will graduate no matter what, then I agree there should be consequences up the chain of command. It intrigued me that Lt Gen Slife called for an IG investigation into the claims because all these claims lead directly back to him. I know he’s a 40 pound brain playing 4D chess, but that’s interesting.

No worries man.

Also, I personally know someone who has worked directly with these squadrons and according to his sources, there’s validity to the claims in the anonymous email.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Danger41 said:

He had no choice.  I wonder which IG is doing the investigation, the statement made it sound like he directed the IG investigation which keeps it internal to AFSOC and thus his control.

Since the accusations surround a sitting three star this should go straight to the AF/IG.

Finally, not sure I would classify him as a 40 pound brain.  Smart?...At times.  Socially awkward...ALWAYS.  A political chub gobbler...usually.  But definitely not the Smartest guy in the room.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Finally, not sure I would classify him as a 40 pound brain.  Smart?...At times.  Socially awkward...ALWAYS.  A political chub gobbler...usually.  But definitely not the Smartest guy in the room.

I don't know.  You ever see his leadership presentation where he starts off saying he's only got one slide and then proceeds to pack 90 slide transitions into a single slide?  How could the Chair Force ignore a talent like that?

• Haha 1

Initiating an IG investigation on his own is also a predictable move.  If it's his IG, it gives him the ability to relatively control it while defending his organization from outside looks.  An ongoing investigation allows him to tell any interested member of Congress that "it is under investigation" knowing full well that he'll edit the results before they're published or slow roll the thing until everyone forgets about it.

11 minutes ago, Smokin said:

Initiating an IG investigation on his own is also a predictable move.  If it's his IG, it gives him the ability to relatively control it while defending his organization from outside looks.  An ongoing investigation allows him to tell any interested member of Congress that "it is under investigation" knowing full well that he'll edit the results before they're published or slow roll the thing until everyone forgets about it.

Remember when he said “it is under investigation” when commenting after the news article broke?  

Neither do I…

• Upvote 1

“Slife said he has asked Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall to direct the service’s inspector general to conduct an independent investigation into the allegations in the email.

“The results of that independent review will be provided to the secretary, and we can trust the secretary will take steps he believes are in the best interest of the department,” the three-star general added.”

Sounds like it will be the HAF IG.

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

He had no choice.  I wonder which IG is doing the investigation, the statement made it sound like he directed the IG investigation which keeps it internal to AFSOC and thus his control.

Since the accusations surround a sitting three star this should go straight to the AF/IG.

I once attended a pre deployment brief he put on for a squadron going out the door. Figured it was going to be the standard “go get ‘em, be safe, and the country thanks you for service” type deal. Boy was I wrong. Story was basically he swapped out another deployed SQ CC back in the early 2000s right before the holidays, GO1 was in effect. Line dogs asked him if he was going to fly in booze for Christmas like the previous CC did the year before. He said no, started a CDI, and got the previous CC who was his “buddy” a Art 15. (I think, I don’t 100% remember the punishment) He concludes the story with his buddy ended up getting out and has had a successful airline career after the incident. 

it was the strangest pre deployment pep talk I’ve ever heard, and told me everything I need to know about my employment choices when my time is up. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/8/2022 at 9:47 PM, Danger41 said:

Here's the thing. If it was total bullshit, it would have warranted and received zero response. Absolutely zero response. The fact that it has received a major response, being addressed by the man himself, and also is now "under investigation" is all you need to know that the allegations are fully credible. And you know what? Someone acting with integrity in the face of other people acting with none is never a foul.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

The plot thickens and Slife digs in with counter accusations.  Isn't that the standard GO TTP, Lie, Deny, Make Counter Accusations.
Air Force Accused of Lowering Standards for Elite Unit to Accommodate Female Candidate

We aren’t “lowering” the norms/standard…. We are “modifying” it.

And see that’s a different word which makes it ok…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lawman said:

We aren’t “lowering” the norms/standard…. We are “modifying” it.

And see that’s a different word which makes it ok…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And apparently one of the modifications is to let people quit and come back as many times as they want.

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, arg said:

Don't remember which thread the argument about Jan6 was in so I'll put this here.

Something fishy here. There are multiple sources.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2022/01/06/capitol_police_officer_who_shot_ashli_babbitt_refused_to_answer_investigators_questions_810720.html

I have some serious concerns that Babbit shooting wasn't investigated seriously due to political partisanship, which is a shame. 

• Like 1

Either way, this falls squarely into the play stupid games, win stupid prizes column for me.  Don't vandalize/break into a federal building (or any building for that matter) and your chances of getting shot tend to diminish rapidly.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3