The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

1 hour ago, Negatory said:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

I didn’t really recall outrage about Trump travel bans from a racism perspective. Turns out, that’s because it’s more of a republican talking point than reality.

Show me some examples if I’m wrong.

Ok. Easy. 

didn’t even have to look hard. 

FFB0BF39-4DE3-4F7A-AD25-F6FB62997861.jpeg

39DD1CA7-B5E2-4B00-BB03-BB4005E8E784.jpeg

DA330CD8-D3D7-4350-8DFD-796129D8E6E4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I hadn’t seen or followed the Pelosi thing. Although it was in January before we were in pandemic mode, I’ll say I stand corrected. I just never felt like people were mad about travel bans once we agreed Covid was a thing.

16 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

You are an idiot. Like, legitimately fucking stupid.

As, I'm assuming, an officer, how can you be so blind?

Whoa buddy, calm your tits. But overreaction is a specialty on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Hacker said:

This thread is emblematic of there literally being two completely different understandings of reality out there in contemporary American society.

Yeah. I will say it is and was very hard to remain unbiased in news sourcing since the Trump presidency for both sides (maybe it actually began around Obama?). I’m wrong in this case, for sure.

COVID, ironically, has been the biggest eye opener of people being brainwashed for me. I think I’m doing better now.

Edited by Negatory
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Negatory said:

I hadn’t seen or followed the Pelosi thing. Although it was in January before we were in pandemic mode, I’ll say I stand corrected. I just never felt like people were mad about travel bans once we agreed Covid was a thing.

Whoa buddy, calm your tits. But overreaction is a specialty on this forum.

For what its worth Negatory, I don't think you're stupid. You're one of the few members on this forum that is capable of examining another side and making an honest admission when you see things differently. I've seen that in the COVID thread. 

Rather, this is really solid evidence of how strong our echo chambers can be. And while you read an article that convinced you it was a Republican echo chamber propogating a myth, you quickly realized you were actually the one that was unaware of what the narrative was. No big deal, you fessed up to it and we move on. Both sides are guilty of it.

You win points because you did 2 things.

1.) You heard something you thoght was wrong so you looked it up. Unfortunately what you looked up was wrong but you still tried due dilligence to get the story straight. 

2.) When you recognized its wrong you owned it. 

In my book that earns you big points and you are the type of dude I would love the share beers with and discuss controversial opinions we don't agree one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Negatory said:

COVID, ironically, has been the biggest eye opener of people being brainwashed for me. I think I’m doing better now.

I genuinely appreciate the honesty as well.  I am curious if your views on who or which party you will vote for in the future has changed.  If not, why?  If so, are there any other narratives that you are opening your eyes to other than COVID?  

I ask because I’m hopeful that eyes are being opened all over the country to various false narratives.  I think Virginia is a sign of that.  

• Upvote 1

This period will go down in history as the time when America squabbled with itself over internal trivialities while China built its swarming hordes into a military and economic monster. We need to focus on turning the entire world - including Russia - against China and letting go of moronic stupid shit like “let’s go Brandon” and calling everyone a racist.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

I genuinely appreciate the honesty as well.  I am curious if your views on who or which party you will vote for in the future has changed.  If not, why?  If so, are there any other narratives that you are opening your eyes to other than COVID?  

I ask because I’m hopeful that eyes are being opened all over the country to various false narratives.  I think Virginia is a sign of that.  

Yep, sure, they changed. I never had an issue with parties - voted Republican from 2000-2008, voted for Obama in 2012, then voted Trump in 2016. I just couldn’t vote for Trump again in 2020. Some days recently, though, I wish I had.

There are plenty of independents that are immensely disillusioned with wokeism, double standards, and equity BS. Also, hating on America is so fuckin lame. If an election was today, I’d put big bucks on not the Dems (if Rs can find a single person other than Trump).

I just wish I could find a party that combines republican independence/foreign policy ideals with a desire to both effectively tax/deal with the folks that exploit our economy (99% of people with NWs > 50M) and acknowledge scientific evidence on things like global warming. Need more scientific populism. Geniocracy anyone?

But instead, because both those things are in drastically different political parties, I - and tons of others like me - have to compromise in a dumb way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, FLEA said:

You heard something you thoght was wrong so you looked it up. Unfortunately what you looked up was wrong but you still tried due dilligence to get the story straight

Appreciate the words but I didn’t try hard enough. What actually happened is I got lazy. I took a preconceived notion about my perception of the world and looked up only supporting evidence because I didn’t have time to figure out if my viewpoint was actually correct.

Its something I’ve called other people on here out for, so it’s extra embarrassing. My bad.

In this day and age, you sometimes legitimately have to spend 5 minutes to figure out if the sky is actually blue, or if it’s just another stupid democrat talking point.

19 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

We need to get away from this idea of "what party you will vote for in the future."

If you look at the electoral college in the past, presidents from both sides won overwhelming majorities of the country, and the states swung from left to right like a pendulum. We need to go back to that.

There should be no Democratic or Republican voters. Those are teams. There are certainly liberal-minded and conservative-minded people, but those people should make a decision on which politicians and which parties represent their priorities at the moment they cast a vote, and just like those priorities change regularly and in response to the world around us, so too should the people you vote for each election.

I know you aren't advocating for party loyalty, but I think we're at a point where even the language we use to describe politics is inadvertently reinforcing the notion that each of us belongs to a political team, and the voting trends support this notion.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

trump was right about the deep state and swamp. it's real and both sides happily wade into it. we have a professional ruling elite disguised as "democracy" and the "people's choice".

such a deception. and to keep the heat off themselves, they pit R's and D's against each other and throw out political bait every election cycle to be happily gobbled up by the unclean masses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, lloyd christmas said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/maurene-comey-james-comey-daughter-leading-jeffrey-epstein-case-2019-7

I’m not alleging misconduct.  I’m simply pointing out how intertwined some things are at the top in this country.  

Interesting article.  While it sounds like Maureen Comey is very capable and has a distinguished career thus far, it's hard not to suspect nepotism had an effect on her career.  Guess it's not surprising; nepotism seems to be a phenomenon throughout the DoD, why wouldn't it be so at the DoJ.  Just another contributing factor to the swamp, as pointed out above.

On a related note, the article mentions Maurene Comey as one of three lead prosecutors handling the case, along with Assistant US Attorneys Alex Rossmiller and Alison Gainfort Moe.

AUSA Alex Rossmiller appears to be the real deal.  Started at the Defense Intelligence Agency as an intelligence analyst in 2004.  Volunteered for a six-month deployment to Iraq.  Came back to a tour as a Strategic Issues Expert in the Office of Iraq Analysis at the Pentagon.  Wrote a book in 2008 titled Still Broken: A Recruit's Inside Account of Intelligence Failures, from Baghdad to the Pentagon, described as "a blistering account of the ideology and incompetence that cripple our efforts to confront our enemies and fight our wars."

Will be interesting to see how the Ghislaine Maxwell trial plays out.

Edited by Blue

29 minutes ago, Blue said:

Interesting article.  While it sounds like Maureen Comey is very capable and has a distinguished career thus far, it's hard not to suspect nepotism had an effect on her career.  Guess it's not surprising; nepotism seems to be a phenomenon throughout the DoD, why wouldn't it be so at the DoJ.  Just another contributing factor to the swamp, as pointed out above.

On a related note, the article mentions Maurene Comey as one of three lead prosecutors handling the case, along with Assistant US Attorneys Alex Rossmiller and Alison Gainfort Moe.

AUSA Alex Rossmiller appears to be the real deal.  Started at the Defense Intelligence Agency as an intelligence analyst in 2004.  Volunteered for a six-month deployment to Iraq.  Came back to a tour as a Strategic Issues Expert in the Office of Iraq Analysis at the Pentagon.  Wrote a book in 2008 titled Still Broken: A Recruit's Inside Account of Intelligence Failures, from Baghdad to the Pentagon, described as "a blistering account of the ideology and incompetence that cripple our efforts to confront our enemies and fight our wars."

Will be interesting to see how the Ghislaine Maxwell trial plays out.

I'll never defend nepotism but I have thought a lot about it in the past. Read a prior study that discussed US generals being weaker than their international peers because many were just getting comfortable in their roles when crises happened, where as in a nepotist military their best strategic officers had already had years/decades of experience when their big crises hit them.

I also noticed this week the #2 in the AF, is an '03 ROTC grad. In context for a minute, in means a young woman with less than 20 years is now presiding in a position over every AD person over 20 years; which is a critical data point regarding the grooming and selection of career officers and GOs. Certainly someone was taking care of her when as a new hire to the DIA and she went on to work in the Whitehouse. Another common thread with these types though is a foray into politics which often later help them earn a political appointment. At some point you don't really work for the USG anymore you work for your party and then you party finds jobs for you using the USG as a grooming ground.

Anyway, I digress. What I've noticed is a lot of people assume when Republicans talk deep state they are talking about coordinated conspiracies where the Washington Deep State club meets every other Thursday in the leader's basement to discuss the plot to take over the world. What they are ACTUALLY referring to is a combination of actual nepotism in the USG, group think, and a pervasive lack of moral courage to upset the status quo when something is clearly wrong. It's the whole "you have to play the game before you can ever change the rules to the game" problem where once you have won the game, the game has had you long enough to corrupt and implicate you beyond your interest to change it. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FLEA said:

I also noticed this week the #2 in the AF, is an '03 ROTC grad. In context for a minute, in means a young woman with less than 20 years is now presiding in a position over every AD person over 20 years; which is a critical data point regarding the grooming and selection of career officers and GOs. Certainly someone was taking care of her when as a new hire to the DIA and she went on to work in the Whitehouse. Another common thread with these types though is a foray into politics which often later help them earn a political appointment. At some point you don't really work for the USG anymore you work for your party and then you party finds jobs for you using the USG as a grooming ground.

Undersecretary of the Air Force Gina Ortiz Jones.  Had to look that up.

Grooming aside, she's a first-generation American of Filipino descent, and also happens to be a lesbian.  As well as a veteran (albeit serving for only three years).

All that makes her a veritable rock star to a Democratic Party obsessed with identity politics.

Edited by Blue
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Blue said:

Undersecretary of the Air Force Gina Ortiz Jones.  Had to look that up.

Grooming aside, she's a first-generation American of Filipino descent, and also happens to be a lesbian.  As well as a veteran (albeit serving for only three years).

All that makes her a veritable rock star to a Democratic Party obsessed with identity politics.

She may very well be the most qualified under Secretary the Air Force has ever had, we don’t know, but thanks to the wokeites we unfortunately question her credential and wonder whether she was put into said position due to other than merit.  SJWism is a disservice to her, minorities and everyone in general when we can’t trust the system. Those of you well established in the military know very well what I’m talking about. 

11 hours ago, di1630 said:

Bets on the Jusse Smollet trial?

You’d think it’d be an easy prosecution but the fact he hasn’t plead guilty makes me think he has confidence he can ride the woke wave to an acquittal.

Beyond a reasonable doubt is a necessarily high bar and I don't think the woke wave is [the only reason] why he'll be acquitted.  I think the actual evidence is light, the hearsay and contradictions are numerous, and the two people that should provide the most damning testimony are hardly model citizens. 

The case will be like trying to discipline your kid when you're 99% sure he's lying, but his story does kinda make sense.  Smollet probably staged it, but he'll also get acquitted.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:52 AM, Negatory said:

Yeah. I will say it is and was very hard to remain unbiased in news sourcing since the Trump presidency for both sides (maybe it actually began around Obama?). I’m wrong in this case, for sure.

This is the rub for me...the OVERWHELMING majority of mainstream media outlets not only lean liberal but in recent years have actively sought to protect the liberal machine.  I get it, FOXNEWS preaches the same for the Conservative side, but they are a lone lighthouse in that storm.  Are there other outlets that defend the conservatives, yes, but none with the audience of CBS/ABC/NBC/CNN/Yahoo News/Twitter/Facebook.  I'm old and I am an idealist, I want the press to be the 4th estate.  We need that neutral and unbiased eye looking in to keep our system honest.  In my opinion the press has completely abandoned that moral responsibility. 

I am glad COVID has been an eye opener, I hoped better from my government.  I consider myself a man of science and when the pandemic started I was glad Fauci was standing next to Trump, maybe a voice of reason to shape the bloviating.  I can not even begin express my disappointment in Fauci.  At first I thought he had just morphed into a political animal, now I've come to believe he is beyond corrupt.  He actively helped cover up the origin of the virus, has denied gain of function research to the point of changing the definition, and denies any relevant research related to natural immunity.  He MUST go and should likely be prosecuted for both perjury and potential criminal actions related to work at the Wuhan laboratory.  The mainstream press has stood behind Fauci and sung his praises completely overlooking any reasonable responsibility to research this clown and what he did.

The second unforgivable failure of the 4th estate is the Hunter Biden laptop.  Social media suppressed the story and the mainstream media drown the story in a "Russian misinformation" mantra."  Have any of you liberals taken an honest look at what is on that laptop.  I could care less about pictures of Hunter smoking crack or nailing hookers, has zip to do with the Presidency.  I am talking about the repeated insinuations that Biden while VP sought a cut and was most certainly manipulated as part of an effort to sell influence at the highest level of the U.S. government.  I HOPE it is false, but dear god shouldn't we take an honest look?  The liberal hate machine spent years impeaching Trump and shaping the release of information, only to see the disinfectant of sunlight show it a nothing burger.  Is no one else appalled that there could be even a grain of truth to all of this.  I found Tony Bobulinski's testimony to be very compelling and at least justifies a deeper look, not a hand waive by the liberal media that wants to hide the truth. 

The NY Post won't let the story go and while the WSJ has done some background investigation on the finances, a MUCH deeper look needs to happen.  I am hoping (probably idealistic on my part), the the fall of Chris Cuomo starts the dominoes falling so we can just get to the truth on both sides.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dream big said:

She may very well be the most qualified under Secretary the Air Force has ever had, we don’t know, but thanks to the wokeites we unfortunately question her credential and wonder whether she was put into said position due to other than merit.  SJWism is a disservice to her, minorities and everyone in general when we can’t trust the system. Those of you well established in the military know very well what I’m talking about. 

Perhaps but man... Her whole resume... She went into consulting after 3 years of service. When's the last time anyone asked to consult with a lieutenant on fucking anything? Lol. But you're right. The SJ mentality hurts her more than helps her. 

Edited by FLEA