The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

• 4 weeks later...

Going to leave this clip here:

I’m not exactly a fan of Shapiro but I think he makes his case quite well here. Nance does not do much to make his own case here and I have to say I find myself much more closely aligned to Maher’s stance here. But I really want to present this as an example of how to have a respectful discourse without resorting to hyperbole and emotion (at least on Maher’s and Shapiro’s part). I give Shapiro credit here for being calm and logical and I wish we had more people on both sides willing to have rational discussions like this (again, disregarding Nance’s poor performance here). 

Malcom Nance, in that video, is the perfect summary of the modern American left. Zero fact based arguments, a complete lack of knowledge on the ideas he is defending, retorts are all based on emotion or are irrelevant to the topic at hand, and his smug elitism is palpable. The fact that he was wildly cheered every time he spoke was very sad. 

I’ve always liked Bill Maher despite often disagreeing with him. He is someone who has zero tolerance for bullshit and is not afraid to call it out. I wish there were more like him. I think a conversation between him and Shapiro would be a great listen. Nance is an absolute joke. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Malcom Nance, in that video, is the perfect summary of the modern American left. Zero fact based arguments, a complete lack of knowledge on the ideas he is defending, retorts are all based on emotion or are irrelevant to the topic at hand, and his smug elitism is palpable. The fact that he was wildly cheered every time he spoke was very sad. 

I’ve always liked Bill Maher despite often disagreeing with him. He is someone who has zero tolerance for bullshit and is not afraid to call it out. I wish there were more like him. I think a conversation between him and Shapiro would be a great listen. Nance is an absolute joke. 

Regardless of Bill or Ben, Malcolm made himself look like an idiot in that clip. Worst thing was the audience was waiting with abated breath to clap and cheer at everything he said even though a lot of it was contradictory to other things he was saying, not related to the topic, or gibberish. Speaks poorly of the people in that audience.

57 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Regardless of Bill or Ben, Malcolm made himself look like an idiot in that clip. Worst thing was the audience was waiting with abated breath to clap and cheer at everything he said even though a lot of it was contradictory to other things he was saying, not related to the topic, or gibberish. Speaks poorly of the people in that audience.

Don’t disagree. Just wanted to highlight the dialogue between Maher and Shapiro as something refreshing. Two people on opposite sides of the ideological spectrum can have a rational conversation, recognize that an issue has nuance, and even discover there are details they can agree on even if they disagree on the larger issue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

He comes off as a giant smug douchebag.  

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 6:28 PM, Prozac said:

Don’t disagree. Just wanted to highlight the dialogue between Maher and Shapiro as something refreshing. Two people on opposite sides of the ideological spectrum can have a rational conversation, recognize that an issue has nuance, and even discover there are details they can agree on even if they disagree on the larger issue. 

Shapiro being on the opposite side of the ideological spectrum from Maher?  🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The left only cares that they have someone in office who will champion their progressive causes…calling Trump a racist was just to motivate their left wing base and attempt to have some in the middle feel guilty for originally supporting Trump.

If not for double standards, the left wouldn’t have any standards at all.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, StoleIt said:

So nobody cares that Biden is limiting flights from South Africa? It's only racist/xenophobic when Trump does it, right?

Yeah, duh. Surprised you didn't know that. Same as when all the Ds were roaming NYC decrying the corona virus. Man, the difference a month can make!

3 minutes ago, Negatory said:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

I didn’t really recall outrage about Trump travel bans from a racism perspective. Turns out, that’s because it’s more of a republican talking point than reality.

Show me some examples if I’m wrong.

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/13120-2

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Negatory said:

I didn’t really recall outrage about Trump travel bans from a racism perspective. Turns out, that’s because it’s more of a republican talking point than reality.

Did you not see the post 4 above yours where the current president said it was a disgrace because it was aimed at keeping people from color from coming to the US?

But since you’re acting like there wasn’t outrage from the left, here you go:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/civil-rights-groups-condemn-trump-s-travel-ban-expansion-six-n1142231

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/opinion/trump-travel-ban-nigeria.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/480991-pelosi-trumps-expanded-travel-ban-is-outrageous-un-american-and-threatens-rule%3famp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Negatory said:

You are an idiot. Like, legitimately fucking stupid.

As, I'm assuming, an officer, how can you be so blind?

Edited by VMFA187
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1