The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

Really?  I had that conversation with my children.  More than once too.  

I’ve been pulled over for BS reasons multiple times. A as couple times the cops admitted off-record to profiling. I didn’t blame them...suspicious as hell.

As a white dude, I was always 100% respectful and cooperative never expecting a free pass.

Apparently I could have just showed them my privilege card and kept driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

46 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Really?  I had that conversation with my children.  More than once too.  

Same here. And my dad had that talk with me.  People act like the police talk is only a thing for minorities, but the same shit applies to everyone.  Your police interactions will go far more smoothly if you at a minimum: mind your p's and q's and don't try to fight them. 

The number one way to reduce perceived police violence issues in this country is to teach people to not descend into hysterics the second you have to interact with a cop. And unfortunately exactly the opposite is being taught. 

Edited by Pooter
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

Same here. And my dad had that talk with me.  People act like the police talk is only a thing for minorities, but the same shit applies to everyone.  Your police interactions will go far more smoothly if you at a minimum: mind your p's and q's and don't try to fight them. 

The number one way to reduce perceived police violence issues in this country is to teach people to not descend into hysterics the second you have to interact with a cop. And unfortunately exactly the opposite is being taught. 

Part of the talk nowadays maybe should include discreetly hitting record on the smart phone.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, arg said:

Part of the talk nowadays maybe should include discreetly hitting record on the smart phone.

Why discreetly?  

Show police they are being recorded. Look up Pot Brothers at law on you tube. They show exactly how to talk to LEOs.  just “shut the up.” 

that’s what I tell my kids.  There is a reason to keep silent and record. 

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Why discreetly?  

Show police they are being recorded. Look up Pot Brothers at law on you tube. They show exactly how to talk to LEOs.  just “shut the up.” 

that’s what I tell my kids.  There is a reason to keep silent and record. 

Excuse me, it's "Shut the Fuck Up."

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Woke.thumb.jpg.ac0d2dbeac4de9ea27c889449263a58c.jpg

I'm hard pressed to think of anything more kid-friendly, creative, and wholesome than Dr Seuss.  This latest cancelling is ridiculous.  And to think in the mid-80's he caught crap for one of his books being critical of US cold war nuclear policy.  Folks always need something to complain about.  

Not a fan of Cardi B; her "music" isn't exactly introspective and intelligent.  Although the Ben Shapiro mashup where he sings the song is pretty funny. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Woke.thumb.jpg.ac0d2dbeac4de9ea27c889449263a58c.jpg

Nobody got "cancelled", the estate elected to stop printing these books, none of which sell well, a couple of which have sold literally zero copies in the last few years. 

It's been useful at helping me cull the crybabies out of my Facebook feed though, most of whom love capitalism and free market right up until they want to signal made-up virtues when private entities make business decisions on their own. Also lots of overlap with the crowd who wanted to "cancel" (in their words) the NFL, Yeti Coolers, Delta Air Lines, etc.

This shit is entertaining. I'm eager for them to start attacking Kidz Bob next for "cancelling" the offensive swear words out of modern pop songs. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, Waingro said:

Nobody got "cancelled", the estate elected to stop printing these books, none of which sell well, a couple of which have sold literally zero copies in the last few years. 

It's been useful at helping me cull the crybabies out of my Facebook feed though, most of whom love capitalism and free market right up until they want to signal made-up virtues when private entities make business decisions on their own. Also lots of overlap with the crowd who wanted to "cancel" (in their words) the NFL, Yeti Coolers, Delta Air Lines, etc.

This shit is entertaining. I'm eager for them to start attacking Kidz Bob next for "cancelling" the offensive swear words out of modern pop songs. 

Biden removed Dr Seuss from his speech.  As reading Dr Seuss on this day is a long standing tradition, I'd say that's the ultimate cancel. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Waingro said:

Nobody got "cancelled", the estate elected to stop printing these books, none of which sell well, a couple of which have sold literally zero copies in the last few years  

Not true, “just the publisher  electing to stop printing” was just the first action. 
5A388793-F8EE-4E3D-8FE7-3F40D4192F1F.thumb.jpeg.1e8c91f9c58d3ecd38dbd547e78d6461.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Unpopular opinion incoming: I think wap is a pretty decent song. Certainly not a  feminist anthem, but it has some clever lyrics and I think considering the number of male artists who spend every waking moment talking about their dicks, we can give the ladies this one. It's certainly more hilarious and fun than any of the other drivel on pop stations. Cardi b has other good songs too. "I like it" is an absolute banger of a remix. Shhhhh it's okay you can admit it.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pooter said:

Unpopular opinion incoming: I think wap is a pretty decent song. Certainly not a  feminist anthem, but it has some clever lyrics and I think considering the number of male artists who spend every waking moment talking about their dicks, we can give the ladies this one. It's certainly more hilarious and fun than any of the other drivel on pop stations. Cardi b has other good songs too. "I like it" is an absolute banger of a remix. Shhhhh it's okay you can admit it.

I don't have a problem with the song, not sure I've ever heard while listening to the "40's" on XM but hey...to each his or her own.  The issue is the absolute lunacy of being upset over Dr Seuss when it is okay to have lyrics like this, along with books like Mein Kampf.

10 hours ago, Pooter said:

First, you have shitty taste in music!

That said, no one is stopping you or anyone else from listening to it.

Therein lies the rub.  Biden is wrong for not reading Dr. Seuss.  It is tradition to read those books on Read Across America Day.  Hell, even Former President Barack and Michelle Obama said “We love Dr. Seuss in this house” at the 2015 event.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/barack-and-michelle-obama-praised-dr-seuss-during-presidency/

image.thumb.png.9fbb8fde6c02bf476fcca6f64b0abf87.png

And aren't the Obamas the "gold standard" in woke opinion?!?

Of course the upside is Dr. Seuss books are now selling like hotcakes!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-sales-dr-seuss-soar-after-announcement-titles-drop-racist-imagery-20210304-qqn635rjwbcsddliwgsb5xs6wi-story.html

This is what the world has become...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, M2 said:

Therein lies the rub.  Biden is wrong for not reading Dr. Seuss.  It is tradition to read those books on Read Across America Day.  Hell, even Former President Barack and Michelle Obama said “We love Dr. Seuss in this house” at the 2015 event.

This long-standing tradition started by Obama himself? 😂

4 hours ago, M2 said:

Of course the upside is Dr. Seuss books are now selling like hotcakes!

Good, Dr. Seuss is a classic. 

Unless you meant the people paying exorbitant sums for the out-of-print ones, that nobody was buying before anyway. I wonder if those people will store those unread gems with their mountain of uneaten Goya beans, unused MyPillows©, or unwatched Rosanne DVDs. Or if they'll eventually make it to the trashcan with the items Tucker Carlson told them to dump, like Taylor Swift albums, NFL gear, Yeti Coolers, Keurig Makers, Starbucks mugs, Netflix gift cards, Budweiser anything, Oreo cookies, Gilette products, Nike products... It's dizzying trying to keep up with remembering all the shit that conservatives have tried to boycott for perceived injustices lately, I'm sure I missed a bunch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Waingro said:

Unless you meant the people paying exorbitant sums for the out-of-print ones, that nobody was buying before anyway. I wonder if those people will store those unread gems with their mountain of uneaten Goya beans, unused MyPillows©, or unwatched Rosanne DVDs. Or if they'll eventually make it to the trashcan with the items Tucker Carlson told them to dump, like Taylor Swift albums, NFL gear, Yeti Coolers, Keurig Makers, Starbucks mugs, Netflix gift cards, Budweiser anything, Oreo cookies, Gilette products, Nike products... It's dizzying trying to keep up with remembering all the shit that conservatives have tried to boycott for perceived injustices lately, I'm sure I missed a bunch. 

Almost as dizzying as keeping up with what the woke crowd decries, right?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Waingro said:

Don't forget unnecessarily large bag of Duck Commander calls.   

I prefer Buck Gardner anyway. 

Edited by Swamp Yankee
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Waingro said:

To be fair, there is a pretty massive difference between saying you are going to boycott a product, service, person, sports league, etc.. (even if some of the reasoning seems silly or ridiculous) by not buying or partaking in what they are offering; vs a concerted effort to smear and ultimately remove and destroy a person, business, idea, symbol, tv show, book, movie, etc...

Example: I personally do not watch a second of NBA basketball and have not for years now. My reasoning is based not only on the ridiculous woke, political, and pro Chinese crap the league has spouted in recent history, but also the fact that it’s absolutely garbage basketball. However, my choice to not watch is my own and I don’t give a shit if someone else absolutely loves to watch the NBA, that’s their choice and they have every right to do so. By choosing not to watch, I don’t have to see the stuff I don’t like (imagine that!) and if enough people ultimately start to feel like I do, it will hurt the league in its pocketbook and they may actually make a change that adjusts to the demands of their customers.

Which btw, actually seems to have happened with the NBA when their ratings went in the absolute toilet last year, and magically this year they’ve reduced a large amount of their political messaging. Maybe the next move they can make is raising the shot clock to 30 seconds and making them play defense. I digress...

What you won’t see me doing is throwing a temper tantrum through social media and interviews on CNN about how the NBA doesn’t prescribe to my cultural norms and needs to be removed from the face of the earth, damn the rest of you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5