The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

You and Sim must have been posting at the same time. Go see that. There is some pretty good stuff there. And remember an argument from authority isn’t really an argument. But facts, data, and analysis.

Hence no arguments that are claiming someone else would disagree with you because they are this way or are in a particular position. Especially when no facts, stories or truths to back your assertion are offered.

White privilege is a myth. Change my mind.

I have no desire to change your mind, it would be a wasted endeavor. Enjoy whatever reality you live your horribly persecuted life in.

You’re right. Because you can’t. I live in the real world.

Who said my life is horribly persecuted? Assume much?

Try the Elon musk red pill. It’s.....

IMG_1570.JPG.b97dbca653d9dafae471a32062c53725.JPG

52 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Try the Elon musk red pill. It’s.....

IMG_1570.JPG.b97dbca653d9dafae471a32062c53725.JPG

Just so I’m clear, I’m taking the red pill to open my mind/eyes to the systematic persecution of the white male...”that’s a bold strategy Cotton”👍

Hmm. So now we are allowed to use the uniform for a platform on social issues?  I don’t understand a lot of this. I expect more guidance from top leadership.    

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/04/28/soldier-in-uniform-mistaken-for-protester-army-says/

This example was back in 2015.  I don’t see how it’s different versus using an official Facebook Air Force account to speak up over riots and protests.  This is an opinion piece on social issues using an official account and the uniform. Are we in Crazy Town now ?  

anyone have any answers for the crowd on if the UCMJ allows this?

Edited by Ryder1587

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

Just so I’m clear, I’m taking the red pill to open my mind/eyes to the systematic persecution of the white male...”that’s a bold strategy Cotton”👍

I was recently denied access to a Home Depot because I didn't blindly follow the rule du jour and have a mask on.  How the fuck am I supposed to get my deck built with all this assholes telling me I have to wear a stupid mask...oh wait, I think we're no longer doing CV19...

The struggle is real!  

Edited by SocialD
drunk
  • Like 1

I think one of the reasons exciting these protest so much and why it's getting a bit more attention this time around is because of the whole COVID situation. Basically you had people already pint up with a bunch of energy and frustration and the isolation just helped as fuel. 

Honestly, I don't think the conversation is worth discourse online. You have to talk to people in person. You have to go vulnerable and open minded. My opinion is most Americans are more eye to eye than the media would leave you to believe. We for one, have a common understanding of human rights and human dignity. We sometimes tend to place our values in different orders which leads to different policy approaches. But the values are still all there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Ryder1587 said:

Hmm. So now we are allowed to use the uniform for a platform on social issues?

This is my problem with his statements. Agree or disagree with the message all you want, but now all of a sudden it’s permissible to take a social and political issue stands in uniform? 

I haven’t been in the military all that long but I was always cautioned as a military member about posting my opinion on sensitive matters and especially warned not to do it when tied in any way to the uniform. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, kaputt said:

This is my problem with his statements. Agree or disagree with the message all you want, but now all of a sudden it’s permissible to take a social and political issue stands in uniform? 

I haven’t been in the military all that long but I was always cautioned as a military member about posting my opinion on sensitive matters and especially warned not to do it when tied in any way to the uniform. 

Game on?

Email this afternoon from NGB today, blatantly political.  Threw the current Floyd issue in with Trayvon Martin (jury found the man that killed him not guilty in case people forgot).  Not only blatantly political but also threw out the standards of justice in America by assuming that all the victims he listed were actual victims.  Floyd jury hasn't even been called yet, but, reading between the lines, 'the cops are obviously guilty of racism driven murder'.  There is a difference between sympathy to an alleged victim's families and community and ignoring the world's best justice system in the name of .... justice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kaputt said:

They get around this by claiming that their political opinions aren't political opinions, they're "values" that "we" all share.  Which is to say, you'd better share them or else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, dream big said:

So I guess we are allowed to openly bash the commander in chief now on Facebook as active duty officers? Or a sitting squadron commander? Asking for a friend..

Why anyone would say anything military/work/political related on FB at this point....especially as an officer.  Delete that shit.

• Upvote 1