The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)

tac airlifter

58 minutes ago, Day Man said:

absolutely the root cause of the majority of what is wrong with America" is a pretty definitive statement with a lot of other variables at play (eg, social media).

OK, I see where you’re going. But things like social media, smart phones with TikTok, who kids associate with, what is done with kid’s education, what values/morals they’re taught from a young age (i.e. their “moral base”that’s built early in life), what movies/shows/video games they’re allowed to consume, and more - 100% completely within purview, control, and responsibility of parents. If parents aren’t around to do their job or they abrogate it to society, they are at fault for the outcome. So yes, parent’s failures (either not being present or not doing their job even when around) are the ultimate RC of the terrible societal products many children become…and the cycle continues. 

Fix the prevalent lazy/absent/shitty parents in our modern society and you’ll fix a lot of the issues in our country. But that takes selfless work, and by and large a huge portion of America are selfish and lazy today.

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brabus said:

and by and large a huge portion of America are selfish and lazy.

You forgot morbidly obese as well.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Day Man said:

saying they are "absolutely the root cause of the majority of what is wrong with America" is a pretty definitive statement with a lot of other variables at play

The truth usually is.  That's why thin skinned people get butt hurt in debriefs. That doesn't mean we should back off from saying it.

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FourFans said:

The truth usually is.  That's why thin skinned people get butt hurt in debriefs. That doesn't mean we should back off from saying it.

Quibblers! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Day Man said:

any data to back that up?

some things don't need data. it's called common sense.

since the beginning of time children have been raised with a mother and father. *cue you googling tribes that raised the kids together*

look at the plight of black americans and the percentage of black children born single mother household. *BUT RACISM!* cute.

God made the institution of marriage to raise children. this country was founded on christian principles and it has since strayed into anything but those. THAT is the root cause.

"BUT THATS NOT MY TRUTH!!!"

and no i will not entertain any arguments that say the US was NOT founded on christian principles.

the other problem is adults have not acted like adults. the safe space generation was never told "no". kids can't just identify as whatever they want. there's reality regardless of how someone IDENTIFIES.

we've placated the lowest common denominator for too long instead of telling them NO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

some things don't need data. it's called common sense.

since the beginning of time children have been raised with a mother and father. *cue you googling tribes that raised the kids together*

look at the plight of black americans and the percentage of black children born single mother household. *BUT RACISM!* cute.

God made the institution of marriage to raise children. this country was founded on christian principles and it has since strayed into anything but those. THAT is the root cause.

"BUT THATS NOT MY TRUTH!!!"

and no i will not entertain any arguments that say the US was NOT founded on christian principles.

the other problem is adults have not acted like adults. the safe space generation was never told "no". kids can't just identify as whatever they want. there's reality regardless of how someone IDENTIFIES.

we've placated the lowest common denominator for too long instead of telling them NO.

Can you explain how most other developed nations on the planet who are far less Christian/religious than the United States have fared so much better WRT positive outcomes for young people/far fewer mass slaughter events? I would agree that good parenting is vital to successfully raising the next generation. I strongly disagree that that requires a religious bent. Good parenting is just ‘common sense’ as you put it….no God required (but I have no problem if you believe religion should play a role in your household - just don’t foist it on mine please). 

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

Can you explain how most other developed nations on the planet who are far less Christian/religious than the United States have fared so much better WRT positive outcomes for young people/far fewer mass slaughter events? 

Care to cite said nations so we can all compare notes?

I’m with Bashi and the rest who see our divergence from Christian principles as a causal factor in the decline of modern US society. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Standby said:

Care to cite said nations so we can all compare notes?

I’m with Bashi and the rest who see our divergence from Christian principles as a causal factor in the decline of modern US society. 

I mean, I feel like it’s pretty well known that the US tends to be more religious than most other developed nations. Having lived in Europe and traveled extensively, my personal experience jives with that. Plenty of literature out there supporting that idea if you care to look. Here’s an interesting piece from Pew Research to whet your appetite: https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/07/20/the-global-god-divide/

5 hours ago, Prozac said:

Can you explain how most other developed nations on the planet who are far less Christian/religious than the United States have fared so much better WRT positive outcomes for young people/far fewer mass slaughter events?

Religion aside, I think it’s because those other countries are doing far better at parenting: building the moral base, holding kids accountable, less kids being entitled shits with zero fucks given for authority, etc. The US has the highest rate in the world of children living in single parent homes, and by a large margin. The “nuclear family” is very important to not creating societal nightmares out of children, and our country is epically failing at this, far more than any other peer out there. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I totally missed when the word cuck became a thing.   WTF does cuck even mean lol?   

To understand how ridiculous this whole movement has become, simply replace the word trans with carny (as in carnival worker).   Quit being a carnyphobe!  If children want to be a carny at age 13, well fuck it, let them go!  If carnies can't dance in front of the kids at school, then the Earth shall burn.  If a carny is dressed like a clown but wearing underwear over his jeans, and wearing a neon sign that says look at me.  Don't look at them, because you're a "Christcuck".  By the way, why is it always Christ the carnies attack?  How come they don't say anything about Muhammadcucks?  I'd be a little more concerned about the Muhammadcucks burning me alive than a Christcuck saying stop teaching our children its ok to be a carny.   Lol.  The carnies will rise and have their day of vengeance.  Just don't laugh at them.  

Edited by Biff_T
Carnycuck

1 hour ago, Biff_T said:

I totally missed when the word cuck became a thing.   WTF does cuck even mean lol?   

Short for cuckold. Either the literal (definition 1) or the sexual fetish (definition 2). Not to be confused with general consensual non-monogamy, partner sharing or open marriages, latter 3 which do not include the element of humiliation (as in definition 2) and concealment (as in definition 1) that cuckolding does. 

Now, in the recent social use-case in question, I believe it's morphed generally into a catch-all epithet for pointing out attitudes or behavior regarded as gratuitously obsequious or ceding. With the further implication that obsequious postures are effeminate by proxy, in the traditional gender role point of view. Opponents of the insulting party would probably regard the implication by the verbal offense as misogynist by definition.

Just describing the water and the vantage point biases that may go into it, don't go shoot the epistemological messenger here. 😄 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hindsight2020 said:

Short for cuckold. Either the literal (definition 1) or the sexual fetish (definition 2). Not to be confused with general consensual non-monogamy, partner sharing or open marriages, latter 3 which do not include the element of humiliation (as in definition 2) and concealment (as in definition 1) that cuckolding does. 

Now, in the recent social use-case in question, I believe it's morphed generally into a catch-all epithet for pointing out attitudes or behavior regarded as gratuitously obsequious or ceding. With the further implication that obsequious postures are effeminate by proxy, in the traditional gender role point of view. Opponents of the insulting party would probably regard the implication by the verbal offense as misogynist by definition.

Just describing the water and the vantage point biases that may go into it, don't go shoot the epistemological messenger here. 😄 

I think I'm even more confused now lol

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

By the way, why is it always Christ the carnies attack?  How come they don't say anything about Muhammadcucks?

I've been wondering the same thing.  It's probably because they have no clue what real racism is.  Oddly enough I have yet to see the gay-pride flag version of corporate symbols and logos on anything at all in the middle east commercial market.  It's almost as if the big companies only believe in DEI when it's instituted in the USA.  Weird, right?

• Upvote 3

Was the US still a Christian nation when the civil war happened ?  What is a Christian nation when slavery was ongoing?  Was it a Christian nation when not everyone was treated equal?  Was it a Christian nation when the Great Depression hit and the world sucked ?   The notion that the lack of Christianity and its declining popularity is the driving factor is ludicrous and just a swing a miss to try to get more followers back and get money back to the churches. Overall the world is a much better places than 50-100 years ago but there’s obviously new challenges.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Ryder1587 said:

Was the US still a Christian nation when the civil war happened ?  What is a Christian nation when slavery was ongoing?  Was it a Christian nation when not everyone was treated equal?  Was it a Christian nation when the Great Depression hit and the world sucked ?   The notion that the lack of Christianity and its declining popularity is the driving factor is ludicrous and just a swing a miss to try to get more followers back and get money back to the churches. Overall the world is a much better places than 50-100 years ago but there’s obviously new challenges.  

I think you mis-understand the argument.  It's not about Christianity.  It about the moral and ethical foundations of the country.  Our country was founded on Judeo-Christian values, principles, and morals.  In the same way as a house, if you try and move the structure off that foundation, the whole thing collapses.  Imagine Iran as a whole suddenly being forced to shift to Hindu, Buddist, or Christian values.  The society would collapse.  Same with America.  The difference being that in America, so many people have had liberty and freedom that they paid no price for, for so long, that they don't appreciate what they have, so they are ignorant to the facts of our society's structure.  There's reason Wokeness hasn't caught on in Russia, Iran, or China.  Freedom and liberty, unfortunately, often result in ignorant arrogance after a few generations.

So it's not about Christianity for Christ's sake, it's about Christianity because those values are the foundational structure of our country.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Ryder1587 said:

"Was it Christian?" isn't the problem.  I don't care.   I just haven't heard a peep about how trans are treated by other religions.  Why do carnies like to bash Christians so much?  Its hilarious.   

I was raised Catholic.  I haven't attended mass in over 25 years.  I don't need religion, some people do.  I don't care what you worship as long as you don't support taking children to the carnival (turning them into trans) before they can get a tattoo.  Change all of the laws to allow children to make adult decisions.  Send them back to the coal mines as well.  I've yet to hear a logical reason to change pronouns and all of the other buffoonery that the carnies are pushing today.   Not a single one.   This is pure insanity.  

• Upvote 1

@Biff_T dude NGL you have a weird and consistent obsession with trans people and their issues. Has someone who is trans hurt you in some way or what are we talking about? You have brought this up in damn near every post recently even when seemingly unrelated things are being discussed just prior, and it’s strange.

I’m legit not trying to bash you but I don’t understand this aspect of your posts.

8 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

@Biff_T dude NGL you have a weird and consistent obsession with trans people and their issues. Has someone who is trans hurt you in some way or what are we talking about? You have brought this up in damn near every post recently even when seemingly unrelated things are being discussed just prior, and it’s strange.

I’m legit not trying to bash you but I don’t understand this aspect of your posts.

If you flip on the news, one could be led to believe that trans issues are the basis of every problem in this country, no matter what "side" you're on 🙂

• Upvote 3