O-1E Pay-grade - OTS Points

Catman

I'm an ANG guy of almost 8 years (mostly DSG, now Title 32) and I've accumulated a lot of retirement points, but not quite the 1460 points that the O-1E pay-grade requires. Not trying to count my chickens before they hatch, but I have been trying to figure out what I can do to squeeze those last points out before commissioning. Does anyone know if OTS itself contributes to those points? In my mind, it should, since it is my understanding you are paid at an enlisted pay while training.

Also, if anyone with ANG/AFRC experience has figured out any tricks to getting more points, I'd love to hear them!

OTS orders do count towards the required points for O-1E. There aren't really any tricks for an E to get more points. The only thing you can do is ask you unit for orders or volunteer opportunities to get on orders somewhere else. You may also look up and apply to volunteer opportunities you qualify for via the (VRS) Volunteer Reserve System "not sure if you have access to this in the guard" on the portal.