Jump to content

COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)


Orbit

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

And when the cost benefit gets skewed too far away from freedom, that's what the courts are for. 

ah yes lets talk about cost/benefit.

 

your side is still masking toddlers....tell me about that cost benefit.

also in some cases still mandating and definitely still pushing a vax that does nothing to stop covid.

 

get out of here with your cost/benefit gas lighting.

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol why are people still arguing about COVID? there aren't any mask mandates anymore, people who want the vaccine got it, it'll be no different than an annual flu variant (and vaccine if you want it), let's just move on already.

Or am I missing something because my mask is a DD-214?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, LumberjackAxe said:

lol why are people still arguing about COVID? there aren't any mask mandates anymore, people who want the vaccine got it, it'll be no different than an annual flu variant (and vaccine if you want it), let's just move on already.

Or am I missing something because my mask is a DD-214?

 

would you feel the same way if the government closed your business and drove you into bankruptcy? i'm genuinely curious. because that's what happened to hundreds of thousands of your countrymen.

you don't think there should be accountability for that? or for firing people from not taking an experimental vax that has been proven to not work and/or cause deadly side effects in some people?

you also think it's "Ok" that the white house used twitter and facebook to censor and ban doctors/citizens who had options contrary to the CDC? Opinions that turned out to be 100% correct.

you think it's "ok" that doctors who spoke out against mandatory covid vaccinations and mandatory masking had their medical licenses revoked by their states?

you're good with saying "eh... fuck it let's move on"?

i think you're missing a lot.

this isn't over. not by a long shot.

 

lawsuits are just now being filed and the truth is starting to come out.

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, LumberjackAxe said:

lol why are people still arguing about COVID? there aren't any mask mandates anymore, people who want the vaccine got it, it'll be no different than an annual flu variant (and vaccine if you want it), let's just move on already.

Or am I missing something because my mask is a DD-214?

Seriously?

I mean, the entire country (and the world) was thrown into 2+ years of chaos.  Lives ruined, and the after effects of it all are going to be felt for the rest of our lives.  Side effects from vaccines, the reshaping of the economy, the mental damage its caused people, etc, etc.

To say nothing for the subset of politicians out there that are spring-loaded to move back to lockdowns and masks just as soon as Covid numbers "spike" again.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, LumberjackAxe said:

lol why are people still arguing about COVID? there aren't any mask mandates anymore, people who want the vaccine got it, it'll be no different than an annual flu variant (and vaccine if you want it), let's just move on already.

Or am I missing something because my mask is a DD-214?

Got kicked out of the base gym last week for no mask. They are mandated at a decent amount of bases I would assume besides mine. Just a small snapshot that it is still affecting decisions and people sadly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it becomes an annual vaccine requirement to stay in the military while the vaccine continues to be in an experimental/emergency use status, it definitely will continue to affect all of us (assuming everyone here is or wants to be in the military) and should be discussed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

 

would you feel the same way if the government closed your business and drove you into bankruptcy? i'm genuinely curious. because that's what happened to hundreds of thousands of your countrymen.

you don't think there should be accountability for that? or for firing people from not taking an experimental vax that has been proven to not work and/or cause deadly side effects in some people?

you also think it's "Ok" that the white house used twitter and facebook to censor and ban doctors/citizens who had options contrary to the CDC? Opinions that turned out to be 100% correct.

you think it's "ok" that doctors who spoke out against mandatory covid vaccinations and mandatory masking had their medical licenses revoked by their states?

you're good with saying "eh... fuck it let's move on"?

i think you're missing a lot.

this isn't over. not by a long shot.

 

lawsuits are just now being filed and the truth is starting to come out.

All of this, plus the fact that we know what our government is now capable of doing during the next “crisis.” Vote! The double masked Karen walking outside sure will be! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 2:15 PM, Pooter said:

Kindof, yes. Our constitution's take on federalism delegates massive authority to the states to govern differently based on the desires of different groups. And I'm not aware of any part of the constitution other than speech/religion/arms that says freedom will always be prioritized 100% over safety/health especially in a public sense. 
 

Regulations for "public health" are always a cost-benefit analysis, and depending how you weigh the variables (freedom vs safety), the answer to that cost-benefit analysis will be different.  This is why the constitution is so great, it pushes governance down to the lowest level where things can be decided with higher fidelity. 
 

And when the cost benefit gets skewed too far away from freedom, that's what the courts are for. 

Not sure why you got down voted here.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 2:29 PM, BashiChuni said:

ah yes lets talk about cost/benefit.

 

your side is still masking toddlers....tell me about that cost benefit.

also in some cases still mandating and definitely still pushing a vax that does nothing to stop covid.

 

get out of here with your cost/benefit gas lighting.

Dude you seem really determined to pigeon hole people into one "side" or the other so you can set straw men up to argue against. 
 

I never said the government response, or fauci, or the CDC were perfect. I also specifically already mentioned that masking kids makes no sense, tech censorship is bad, and mandates on the civilian population were a gross overreach. So just calm down for a second. 
 

My whole point here is that we live in a big country, and a lot of people reacted in knee jerk fashion with incomplete information to this thing in a lot of different ways. Some states did nothing and some states went batshit with rules. And to a certain extent.. that's their prerogative because our government is designed that way.  Were there some severe infringements on peoples rights? Yes. Were there states that sat on their hands and exposed potentially vulnerable people to needless risk? Also yes.  Hopefully we can investigate and debrief both.

But that is the nature of living in a very large country that pushes governance down to a low level. So cobbling together the reactions you specifically don't like a-la Fox & Friends and insinuating a giant coordinated conspiracy is silly. 

Edited by Pooter
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Dude you seem really determined to pigeon hole people into one "side" or the other so you can set straw men up to argue against. 
 

 insinuating a giant coordinated conspiracy is silly. 

uh there was a giant conspiracy. look at the emails that were sent internal to the CDC and the memos sent to big tech to censor opposing ideas. that's factual my man.

the fact is the CDC and federal government conspired with twitter specifically (and big tech in general) to censor and ban private citizens and doctors dissenting opinions. the email chain is there. alex berenson has the email screen shots. (reference joe rogan episode #1864) its bad. and there's gonna be hell to pay. and no, alex berenson isn't some right wing nut job...you can look him up.

 

as far as pigeon hole....well seems like biden's done that for me. you either voted for him or you're "extremist" and a "threat" to the republic.

in regards to pigeon hole related to the pandemic...there's only two sides. you either approve of how FL type states handled it...or you approve of how CA type states handled it.

there's no middle ground. you're either for individual rights and choices or you're not. that's not a pigeon hole or strawman. i'm amazed at how many citizens blindly trust their daddy government and will never hold it accountable for gross violations of their constitutional rights.

 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

uh there was a giant conspiracy. look at the emails that were sent internal to the CDC and the memos sent to big tech to censor opposing ideas. that's factual my man.

the fact is the CDC and federal government conspired with twitter specifically (and big tech in general) to censor and ban private citizens and doctors dissenting opinions. 

 

That’s exactly right. Go back and read this thread from 18 months ago, people here were claiming there was a scientific consensus when in fact there was a conspiracy to paint a scientific consensus and drown out opposing voices.  And those opposing voices turned out to be correct.  Now revisionist history is taking place right in front of our eyes: Democrats are claiming they did not want schools closed, Trump pushed the shot, and it was just a wild time and nobody really knew what the right answer was so they defaulted towards safety.  All of that completely false.

As I look at the many failures compounding within our society, from skyrocketing urban crime to a foolish Covid response, to a humiliating defeat in Afghanistan, runaway inflation, etc. there is a single thread which connects them all: lack of accountability.  People in senior leadership positions made deliberate decisions with disastrous results, and they are never held accountable. All of our problems will continue to worsen until people are fired & thrown in jail when they deserve it.  And given the severe damage to children he perpetrated, I would like to start with Fauci.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

there's no middle ground. you're either for individual rights and choices or you're not. that's not a pigeon hole or strawman. i'm amazed at how many citizens blindly trust their daddy government and will never hold it accountable for gross violations of their constitutional rights.

Sometimes you say dumb things, but this is particularly dumb.

 

Coming from someone who agreed with you on 95% of your COVID commentary, you sound like a hyperventilating Karen.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

That’s exactly right. Go back and read this thread from 18 months ago, people here were claiming there was a scientific consensus when in fact there was a conspiracy to paint a scientific consensus and drown out opposing voices.  And those opposing voices turned out to be correct.  Now revisionist history is taking place right in front of our eyes: Democrats are claiming they did not want schools closed, Trump pushed the shot, and it was just a wild time and nobody really knew what the right answer was so they defaulted towards safety.  All of that completely false.

As I look at the many failures compounding within our society, from skyrocketing urban crime to a foolish Covid response, to a humiliating defeat in Afghanistan, runaway inflation, etc. there is a single thread which connects them all: lack of accountability.  People in senior leadership positions made deliberate decisions with disastrous results, and they are never held accountable. All of our problems will continue to worsen until people are fired & thrown in jail when they deserve it.  And given the severe damage to children he perpetrated, I would like to start with Fauci.

 

Yeah I remember going into costco in my Denver burb with my 2 yr old and getting yelled at by the greater that he wasn't masked up.   Then there was a dude that got arrested for shooting hoops with his daughter at a park in the early days in the same hood.  

Funny when I traveled to red states they didn't have these issues.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The UK has banned Covid vax for 12 and under, because they actually use logic and follow science. But yeah, you’re correct progressive white couple living in a million $ house, you do know better than an entire country’s scientific and medical community. Yay Bernie!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

“We don’t have time to do a clinical trial because we need to get the vaccine out now,” Fauci said on CBC this week, pointing to how about 400 Americans are dying per day with COVID-19 and thousands of others are in hospitals with the disease

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fauci-we-dont-have-time-to-run-clinical-trials-for-updated-boosters_4720564.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=rantingly

 

That's how you do 'science' when big pharmaceutical owns you.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, brabus said:

The UK has banned Covid vax for 12 and under, because they actually use logic and follow science. But yeah, you’re correct progressive white couple living in a million $ house, you do know better than an entire country’s scientific and medical community. Yay Bernie!

They also completely locked down there country multiple times, where all travel was illegal except to get food. Was that based on logic and science as well? I feel like the answer is there was more than one answer but nobody will admit anything but their answer was correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MCO said:

They also completely locked down there country multiple times, where all travel was illegal except to get food. Was that based on logic and science as well? I feel like the answer is there was more than one answer but nobody will admit anything but their answer was correct.

They learned, corrected course, and admitted their mistakes. Too many people in our country have done none of those. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, Sim said:
Quote

The Department’s motion for an emergency stay is denied. We will expedite the Department’s appeal of the district court’s class-wide preliminary injunction. The Department must file its principal brief within two weeks of the entry of this order. The plaintiffs will have two weeks to respond. The Department will then have seven days to reply. Oral argument will be scheduled for October 19, 2022, and we will strive to decide the Department’s appeal in November.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22284415-appeals-court-order-on-air-force-mandate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My son has the Air Force Academy in his list of schools (god help me).  While talking to both our Congressman and Senator we found out applications are down 80%!  COVID vaccination was cited as the main reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

My son has the Air Force Academy in his list of schools (god help me).  While talking to both our Congressman and Senator we found out applications are down 80%!  COVID vaccination was cited as the main reason.

I have a junior and freshman in college. They would both join (against my recommendations) in a heartbeat if there was no vax requirement. Keep it in place as far as I'm concerned.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whoa, even mainstream sources (NPR) are backing away from the party line that held fast the last 2+ years. Apparently, it’s okay now to question how mortalities were counted, the riskiness of COVID, etc. 🙄 Before someone says, “But the science is different now,” I acknowledge that contextual factors have changed regarding the disease. However, non-scientific reasons are also driving the shift in attitudes, which undermines the credibility of the cult chant of “trust the science.”

 

Scientists debate how lethal COVID is. Some say it's now less risky than flu

Edited by Muscle2002
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...