Jump to content

COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)


Orbit

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sim said:

WorkHereIsDone.thumb.jpeg.e401b4d67b19b72ff21e0ac2a2b909fd.jpeg

I don't always get my political wisdom from ham-fisted hyper biased cartoons.. but when I do its from the guy who's sucking trump off so hard he invariably portrays a 76 year old man as a fit beefcake. 

23CBAEEC-FFC3-46BB-B223-7D148AD6507C.jpeg.5501f2b6f5d9e4283a096adfa526948a.jpeg

Such compelling stuff. Much commentary. Wow.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pooter said:

I don't always get my political wisdom from ham-fisted hyper biased cartoons.. but when I do its from the guy who's sucking trump off so hard he invariably portrays a 76 year old man as a fit beefcake. 

23CBAEEC-FFC3-46BB-B223-7D148AD6507C.jpeg.5501f2b6f5d9e4283a096adfa526948a.jpeg

Such compelling stuff. Much commentary. Wow.

I know you’re probably sad about Fauci, how will you ever know when to wear your mask again so you can always be a good little complicit citizen!?

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dream big said:

I know you’re probably sad about Fauci, how will you ever know when to wear your mask again so you can always be a good little complicit citizen!?

You got me! I'm actually a mask mandate-loving cuck, and this cartoonist's subtle, biting political commentary doesn't have a homoerotic trump fixation at all.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Pooter said:

You got me! I'm actually a mask mandate-loving cuck, and this cartoonist's subtle, biting political commentary doesn't have a homoerotic trump fixation at all.  

Lotta unnecessary dick talk in there, very odd.

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

POTUS wife who is double vaccinated and double boosted just tested positive AGAIN for COVID in a rebound case.

Clearly there is a correlation between getting multiple shots and contracting COVID. It is plain as day that public health authorities have misled the public: Lockdowns did not work, masking hurt kids, virus was man-made from a Chinese bio-lab, NIH conducted illegal gain-of-function research, the shots do not stop the spread… all trending towards true despite the best effort of big tech and government to censor it. Unbelievable, never something I thought I would see in my lifetime.

Next “conspiracy” that will be proven true is the harmful effects of these disgusting experimental shots that were forced on us all.  

I want accountability.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Clearly there is a correlation between getting multiple shots and contracting COVID.

*citation needed. I know joe and Jill Biden are important and I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure one old couple with repeat infections is not a statistically significant data set. 

Also I've been reliably informed by far right pundits that getting covid isn't the concern. Dying from covid is. 

So what's the problem here? Biden got the vax which was designed for and was far more effective against the early variants. (Which were also more deadly.) This boosted immunity in the early stages of the pandemic when it was particularly dangerous for the elderly.

Now that the virus has had 2+ years to mutate, the vaccine is less effective, and the strains are more contagious but thankfully  less virulent. (Something literally every scientist worth their salt predicted..)

And as the data changed the CDC and basically every state has lifted mandates correspondingly. Turns out the dems are still in charge and we aren't descending into a "zero covid or bust" 1984 hellhole. Things are just kindof going back to normal now that it isn't as big of a threat.  You guys so desperately want there to be a conspiracy but I'm just not seeing it. 

Perhaps the one valid complaint you have left is how slow the military has been to get their policies in line with emerging medical guidance. But if you expected timely policy updates from the military I have a bridge to sell you. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Pooter said:

*citation needed. I know joe and Jill Biden are important and I'm no scientist but I'm pretty sure one old couple with repeat infections is not a statistically significant data set. 

Also I've been reliably informed by far right pundits that getting covid isn't the concern. Dying from covid is. 

So what's the problem here? Biden got the vax which was designed for and was far more effective against the early variants. (Which were also more deadly.) This boosted immunity in the early stages of the pandemic when it was particularly dangerous for the elderly.

Now that the virus has had 2+ years to mutate, the vaccine is less effective, and the strains are more contagious but thankfully  less virulent. (Something literally every scientist worth their salt predicted..)

And as the data changed the CDC and basically every state has lifted mandates correspondingly. Turns out the dems are still in charge and we aren't descending into a "zero covid or bust" 1984 hellhole. Things are just kindof going back to normal now that it isn't as big of a threat.  You guys so desperately want there to be a conspiracy but I'm just not seeing it. 

Perhaps the one valid complaint you have left is how slow the military has been to get their policies in line with emerging medical guidance. But if you expected timely policy updates from the military I have a bridge to sell you. 

that's all well and good....IF people hadn't been forced to close their businesses, IF people hadn't been forced to take an experimental drug or get fired, IF kids hadn't (and in some states STILL) been forced to wear masks in schools, IF big tech hadn't censored only ONE side of the argument AT THE FUCKING DIRECTION OF THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AKA CDC

hell NYC and LAX STILL "require" MASKS in the airport. thankfully people with a brain don't wear one. but hell man it's not fucking over.

IF all those things hadn't happened i'd tend to agree with you...no problem. But all that shit did happen. and the decision makers were wrong. hundreds of thousands/millions of lives were fucked up. there needs to be accountability.

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2022 at 11:58 PM, Pooter said:

I don't always get my political wisdom from ham-fisted hyper biased cartoons.. but when I do its from the guy who's sucking trump off so hard he invariably portrays a 76 year old man as a fit beefcake. 

23CBAEEC-FFC3-46BB-B223-7D148AD6507C.jpeg.5501f2b6f5d9e4283a096adfa526948a.jpeg

Such compelling stuff. Much commentary. Wow.

JFC.  It's a political cartoon.  You gonna post a sniveling reply to every stupid meme, too?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that's all well and good....IF people hadn't been forced to close their businesses, IF people hadn't been forced to take an experimental drug or get fired, IF kids hadn't (and in some states STILL) been forced to wear masks in schools, IF big tech hadn't censored only ONE side of the argument AT THE ING DIRECTION OF THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AKA CDC
hell NYC and LAX STILL "require" MASKS in the airport. thankfully people with a brain don't wear one. but hell man it's not ing over.
IF all those things hadn't happened i'd tend to agree with you...no problem. But all that shit did happen. and the decision makers were wrong. hundreds of thousands/millions of lives were ed up. there needs to be accountability.

giphy.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

ORDERED that the Mayor is permanently enjoined from implementing, imposing, andlor enforcing the COVID-19 vaccine mandate that has been established in MO 2021-147, DCHR Issuance No. 1-2022-3, the DCHR's variance to 6-B DCMR § 2001, and the DCHR’s rule amending 6-B DCMR § 2001, against Plaintiffs and itis further ORDERED that all disciplinary actions initiated, proposed, or taken pursuant to the COVID-19 vaccine mandate that has been established in MO 2021-147, DCHR Issuance No. I- 2022-3, the DCHR’s variance to 6-B DCMR § 2001, and the DCHR's rule amending 6-B DCMR § 2001, shall immediately cease and be dismissed, with full reimbursement to be provided to all FOP members for any loss of benefits, pay, or rights and all related disciplinary proceedings to be expunged from their records, and it is further

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22266023-fop_bowser_vaccinemandateorder

 

Quote

An order that was handed down by Judge Maurice A. Ross was a response to a lawsuit filed by the Washington D.C. Police Union and other groups that opposed Mayor Muriel Bowser’s mandate. Bowser in August of last year ordered city government employees to provide proof of vaccination although some workers could seek a medical or religious exemption to the shot.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Conclusion

Non-use of ivermectin was associated with a 12.5-fold increase in mortality rate and a seven-fold increased risk of dying from COVID-19 compared to the regular use of ivermectin. This dose-response efficacy reinforces the prophylactic effects of ivermectin against COVID-19.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/111851-regular-use-of-ivermectin-as-prophylaxis-for-covid-19-led-up-to-a-92-reduction-in-covid-19-mortality-rate-in-a-dose-response-manner-results-of-a-prospective-observational-study-of-a-strictly-controlled-population-of-

Mooo - Ya'll. 

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appealing through the proper channels, Master Sgt Kupper alleged that the Air Force violated protocol by removing the chain of command from the mRNA mandate exemption process. He then filed an Inspector General complaint, which was swiftly denied. When they closed his case, their office said he had to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to see their findings.
 

https://dossier.substack.com/p/redacted-pentagon-denies-exemptions?utm_source=twitter&sd=pf
 

DOD FOIA response:

4E927933-BAC5-45D9-995E-1014613B2CE5.thumb.webp.0b63c615df808bd8ad598d5f9b452d33.webp

🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2022 at 3:28 PM, BashiChuni said:

that's all well and good....IF people hadn't been forced to close their businesses, IF people hadn't been forced to take an experimental drug or get fired, IF kids hadn't (and in some states STILL) been forced to wear masks in schools, IF big tech hadn't censored only ONE side of the argument AT THE FUCKING DIRECTION OF THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AKA CDC

hell NYC and LAX STILL "require" MASKS in the airport. thankfully people with a brain don't wear one. but hell man it's not fucking over.

IF all those things hadn't happened i'd tend to agree with you...no problem. But all that shit did happen. and the decision makers were wrong. hundreds of thousands/millions of lives were fucked up. there needs to be accountability.

You're not wrong. Social media censorship is always bad. The wrong decisions were made by government in a lot of cases.  Closing peoples businesses on the grounds that they're non essential is horseshit. Masking kids for years on end is pointless. Vax mandates for civilian workers is a huge violation of medical autonomy and privacy. 
 

But when you have a country of 320 million people in a patchwork of 50 states you're going to get a wide variety of responses. And cobbling together the ones you don't like into a big laundry list doesn't constitute a conspiracy. My state (Texas) did almost none of the things listed above. And if I asked you pre-pandemic which states would go batshit with regulations and mandates, you probably could have predicted it with high accuracy. 
 

But that's the cool part of the United States. You can choose where to live. It sounds like the voters in California and New York value perceived safety over freedom.  I think that's ass backwards and it sounds like you do too. So shocker, I don't live in California or New York and I never will. 
 

On the flip side of the coin, the 5 worst states in covid deaths per capita are all Republican.  I'd bet there are plenty of California and New York people who think these states' covid response was batshit.

9AE9E27B-BCCE-46D4-8BB6-DD113D6AA17D.jpeg.93ee6ab093fa0a24a185b161b004078d.jpeg


The lesson learned here is that there are trade offs between safety and freedom and you should live in a place that aligns with your values. 
 

edit: and if the federal government response is your primary concern.. maybe the Republican party should kick their trump addiction.  Because no one in the history of the United States drives Democrat voter turnout like he does.  Hitching your wagon to the mid 70's orange clown who denies election results, mishandles classified, and has zero appeal outside of the far right is not a way you get the things you want at the federal level. 

Edited by Pooter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pooter said:

The lesson learned here is that there are trade offs between safety and freedom and you should live in a place that aligns with your values.

is that what the constitution and bill of rights says?

must have missed that.

but sadly you are correct that certain states prioritized "safety" and "health" over liberty and freedom. good luck putting that genie back in the bottle.

the covid narrative is crumbling fast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Hhmm, death rates also match obesity rates.  Weird.

Checks.  They also almost perfectly match the inverse of vaccination rates.  I'd bet it also maps pretty closely onto education and poverty rates.

So you could argue those states, having such vulnerable populations, could have benefitted the most from more covid mitigation measures. Losing substantial weight isn't an overnight process so perhaps vaccination, masking, and distancing were good stop gaps as people worked to get in better shape. 

But instead the residents of Mississippi  yelled freedom at the top of their lungs, continued shoveling hot pockets down their gullets, blew off mitigation measures and as a result have 4 times the death rate of Vermont. 
 

Which is totally fine. That's what the people in Mississippi want to do. And the people in Vermont want to be vegan marathon runners who live in an overbearing nanny state that probably destroyed tons of small businesses.

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

is that what the constitution and bill of rights says?

must have missed that.

Kindof, yes. Our constitution's take on federalism delegates massive authority to the states to govern differently based on the desires of different groups. And I'm not aware of any part of the constitution other than speech/religion/arms that says freedom will always be prioritized 100% over safety/health especially in a public sense. 
 

Regulations for "public health" are always a cost-benefit analysis, and depending how you weigh the variables (freedom vs safety), the answer to that cost-benefit analysis will be different.  This is why the constitution is so great, it pushes governance down to the lowest level where things can be decided with higher fidelity. 
 

And when the cost benefit gets skewed too far away from freedom, that's what the courts are for. 

  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

Kindof, yes. Our constitution's take on federalism delegates massive authority to the states to govern differently based on the desires of different groups. And I'm not aware of any part of the constitution other than speech/religion/arms that says freedom will always be prioritized 100% over safety/health especially in a public sense. 
 

Ah so like the federal government telling big tech what to censor?

like barring people from going to church for "safety"?

or even singing in church?

government shutting down private businesses indefinitely for "safety"?

all of those actions were WILDLY unconstitutional. it's not even up for debate.

freedom of speech massively violated. freedom of religion massively violated. it's starting to all come out now that the lawsuits are flying.

you don't actually think the egotistical fauci WANTED to resign this winter do you? why would he do that? hmmmmmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...