COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

20 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

From the link:

“If you’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine, you’ll need to provide the manufacturer name when you come to donate….There is no deferral time for eligible blood donors who are vaccinated with an inactivated or RNA based COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by AstraZeneca, Janssen/J&J, Moderna, Novavax, or Pfizer”

Did you purposefully omit the preceding sentence? 

"The Red Cross is following FDA blood donation eligibility guidance for those who receive a COVID-19 vaccination, and deferral times may vary depending on the type of vaccine an individual receives."

13 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

"you take it you will not get covid"

"100% protection against getting covid"

and you have the arrogance and hubris to accuse people of vaccine conspiracy theory? HAHA

people have the right to be skeptical.

that's not how any vaccine works bro...and I can't remember any legitimate medical authority saying either of those things.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, brabus said:

Sigh...dude it's not new. That has been policy for over 3 years now. 

You are hard to talk to and full of assumptions, so I will end our dialogue by answering your above sentence, which seems to be the core disagreement.

False.  Maybe they went back-and-forth with policies I don't know, but just for fun I opened my old folder from group deputy and found the Red Cross authored policy for DOD as of Jan 23-- zero restrictions on blood donation of any type after Covid vaccination. In fact, it was encouraged for some reason.   I'm not going to scan the memo, but this popped up in a 1 second search essentially saying the same thing: https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/press-release/2023/blood-community-reiterates-the-safety-of-america-s-blood-supply.html

I was unfortunately heavily involved in discipline issues during that time, meaning after graduating SQ/CC I was an admin bitch for WG & GP leadership picking through the complicated nuances of Covid discipline.  Guidance was changing constantly, faster than the organization could communicate. Frequently guidance would be in conflict with other guidance.  I don't know what the policy was in 2021 since I was busy killing enemies, but I know what it was in 2023, and I know that it has changed in 2024. Cheers.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Day Man said:

that's not how any vaccine works bro...and I can't remember any legitimate medical authority saying either of those things.

Ummm…from the CDC Director

WALENSKY: First of all, I just want to note that I share this optimism. I`m so -- I`m so impressed with our ability to vaccinate at a clip of 3 million vaccinations a day. We have 93 million Americans who have gotten their first dose, 51 million who have gotten their second dose.

And we have -- we can kind of almost see the end. We`re vaccinating so very fast, our data from the CDC today suggests, you know, that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don`t get sick, and that it`s not just in the clinical trials but it`s also in real world data.

https://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/transcript-rachel-maddow-show-3-29-21-n1262442

• Like 4

That was known at least a couple years ago, but of course there was a massive effort to suppress said information.  Similarly I got a good laugh out of Fauci recently admitting the 6 ft distancing rule was basically pulled out of his ass and had no scientific data to support it (keep in mind the rest of the world did 1m from the beginning).

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, brabus said:

That was known at least a couple years ago, but of course there was a massive effort to suppress said information.  Similarly I got a good laugh out of Fauci recently admitting the 6 ft distancing rule was basically pulled out of his ass and had no scientific data to support it (keep in mind the rest of the world did 1m from the beginning).

It was known from day one by anyone with a functioning brain. Sadly, that is less than 49% of our country. 

Edited by herkbier
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, herkbier said:

It was known from day one by anyone with a functioning brain. Sadly, that is less than 49% of our country. 

I was allowing for a “reasonable” amount of time (subjective of course) for the average person to sort through it; the ones with legit critical thinking and problem solving skills figured it out much faster. 

16 hours ago, brabus said:

for the average person to sort through it

Based on the number of cloth masks covering chins and mouths I see while commuting through ATL, my personal assessment is that they haven't yet.  

Edited by FourFans
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...