COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

13 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

D0DAD42F-E707-40D7-B7B4-03FEBE108B20.jpeg

1438958575_images(9).jpg.f547b912798cb4c2338ef39450b4b4a5.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 3:07 AM, Guardian said:

Define the situation you are referring to specifically please. As you allude to multiple situations and viewpoints.

I'll take a stab at it. H.R.25 (the Fair Tax Act) would be a good solution in my opinion, but Pres. Biden has threatened to veto it if it passes. If you aren't yet aware, the Fair Tax has been proposed in Congress regularly since around 2005 but has never seen a vote. The Democrats/mainstream media try to paint it as a 30% regressive tax that will increase the middle-class tax burden. But if you read the actual bill, you'll find out why it's never seen a vote and why politicians hate it so much: it takes lobbyist money out of their pockets and takes away the control they exert with the IRS. The bill completely does away with the incompetent IRS (which fails to collect a TRILLION dollars of owed taxes each year: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-treasury-irs/irs-chief-says-1-trillion-in-taxes-goes-uncollected-every-year-idUSKBN2C0255) which costs over $12 billion to fund each year. This means there will be no federal income tax or payroll taxes withheld from your paycheck and you won't have to file federal taxes each year (it gets rid of capital gains taxes as well). The Fair Tax is also progressive in the sense that everyone (every registered household) will receive a monthly prebate (rebate) check to cover purchases of necessities up to the federal poverty level. This effectively makes the tax rate 0% up to the poverty level and then it staggers up to 23% based on what you buy. This is key because it encourages saving money and purchasing used goods since the tax will only be levied on new goods and services. You are now in control of your tax rate based on what you choose to buy or not buy.

The Fair Tax would get rid of tens of thousands of pages of IRS tax code and replace it with 100-200 pages of tax code. Politicians don't like it because it closes all the tax loopholes people like Warren Buffet and Donald Trump use to pay less taxes than middle-class Americans. It also get rid of corporate (and export) taxes (which only get passed through to the consumer anyway). This will bring businesses and jobs back to American soil because there will be no reason to move them offshore any longer (except maybe wages for labor). It is also fair because everyone (regardless of income) pays the same rate. This is important because we are recently seeing a huge jump in rich people moving overseas to avoid taxation (https://calbizjournal.com/why-wealthy-people-are-giving-up-their-american-citizenship/). Also, it will potentially bring in more money because all the people that don't pay taxes now (career criminals, undocumented immigrants, pimps, etc.) will then be paying sales tax at the register for new goods/services. Most states are already equipped to collect sales tax so it won't be a huge transition. I wish people would spin the monthly prebate checks as "reparations" because then lots more people might support it. 🙂 Wikipedia has a lot of the details regarding the amount of the prebate checks, etc.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairTax.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

I’m old enough to remember Facebook censoring “misinformation” posts claiming COVID leaked from a lab. How about that?

55BF6D67-68AD-4332-81F1-2ECAF99A29E7.jpeg

There is a very complete story on the WSJ today about this.  Let me apologize in advance for those of you who do not have a subscription, I'll post the first few lines from the story below:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-origin-china-lab-leak-807b7b0a?mod=hp_lead_pos1

The U.S. Energy Department has concluded that the Covid pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak, according to a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress.

The shift by the Energy Department, which previously was undecided on how the virus emerged, is noted in an update to a 2021 document by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines’s office.

The new report highlights how different parts of the intelligence community have arrived at disparate judgments about the pandemic’s origin. The Energy Department now joins the Federal Bureau of Investigation in saying the virus likely spread via a mishap at a Chinese laboratory. Four other agencies, along with a national intelligence panel, still judge that it was likely the result of a natural transmission, and two are undecided.

The Energy Department’s conclusion is the result of new intelligence and is significant because the agency has considerable scientific expertise and oversees a network of U.S. national laboratories, some of which conduct advanced biological research.

The Energy Department made its judgment with “low confidence,” according to people who have read the classified report.

The FBI previously came to the conclusion that the pandemic was likely the result of a lab leak in 2021 with “moderate confidence” and still holds to this view.

Edited by GrndPndr

All I can say to the DOE is "duh." The rest will come around in due time.

You'll see we become "more confident" in our assessment of the lab leak theory as tensions continue to rise with China. This, in and of itself, will indicate exactly why it was dismissed as conspiracy at the very beginning.

• Like 1

I saw an article on Twitter, not posting it here until I see more information to confirm its authenticity but it was an interview with a doctor who claims mRNA fragments from vaccinated persons can be transferred to non-vaccinated persons through sexual or other close contact.  If true, that is huge and something that was not supposed to happen.

Democrats upended our entire society, enabled the FBI to suppress free speech via tech companies thereby preventing actual doctors from informing the public of treatment options, went full totalitarian on forced injections and punished children who now suffer record heart attacks... without anything positive to show for it, do I have that right?  I guess they did bludgeon Trump with their fake death counters to help get the China crony Biden "elected," and apparently C19 inadvertently escaped a Chinese bio weapons lab which Fauci helped fund.  I'm sure some idiot will jump on here pointing out there's no proof Wuhan institute of virology was a bioweapons lab, because they naively believe the PLA have altruistic motives for tinkering with infectious diseases.  

There is no reconciliation without accountability.  Fauci should be in prison along with several state governors.  Will be interesting to see if we are capable of government accountability anymore.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Have another WSJ piece today, with interesting news regarding natural immunity (pasted the beginning of it after the link):

https://www.wsj.com/articles/three-years-late-the-lancet-recognizes-natural-immunity-great-barrington-declaration-tech-censor-antibodies-mandates-b3ba912c?mod=hp_opin_pos_4#cxrecs_s

The Lancet medical journal this month published a review of 65 studies that concluded prior infection with Covid—i.e., natural immunity—is at least as protective as two doses of mRNA vaccines. The most surprising news was that the study made the mainstream press.

“Immunity acquired from a Covid infection is as protective as vaccination against severe illness and death, study finds,” NBC reported on Feb. 16. The study found that prior infection offered 78.6% protection against reinfection from the original Wuhan, Alpha or Delta variants at 40 weeks, which slipped to 36.1% against Omicron. Protection against severe illness remained around 90% across all variants after 40 weeks. These results exceed what other studies have found for two and even three mRNA doses.

This comes after nearly three years of public-health officials’ dismissing the same hypothesis. But now that experts at the University of Washington have confirmed it in a leading—and left-leaning—journal, it’s fit to print.

https://www.airforcemedicine.af.mil/News/Display/Article/3310700/daf-issues-guidance-on-covid-related-adverse-actions-religious-accommodation-re/

The Department of the Air Force has issued guidance on removal of adverse actions and handling of Religious Accommodation Requests related to refusal of COVID-19 vaccinations effective Feb. 24.

The DAF will remove adverse information from records of those currently serving service members who sought an exemption on religious, administrative, or medical grounds and who received adverse actions solely due to their refusal to take the vaccine. Members will be notified by their command or the Air Force Personnel Center/Air Reserve Personnel Center.

1 hour ago, Sim said:

'Don't know for sure"....."might have been a factor"??

A lot of two-stepping around the one thing she didn't discuss or put forth; did the member(s) have C-19 and what was the VAX status of said expired member(s) of society in the 25-44 year old age group.

"What we do know" is when the transition from pure reporting of the data in the study went sideways into the unverified. 

IMO, you can't draw a relationship between C-19 and the increase, it's still an unknown.  But I guess that's doesn't stop this from being broadcast to the masses.

Her husband situation makes this discussion more interesting, although on a personal level I am sorry for her loss.

ATIS

7 hours ago, ATIS said:

'Don't know for sure"....."might have been a factor"??

A lot of two-stepping around the one thing she didn't discuss or put forth; did the member(s) have C-19 and what was the VAX status of said expired member(s) of society in the 25-44 year old age group.

"What we do know" is when the transition from pure reporting of the data in the study went sideways into the unverified. 

IMO, you can't draw a relationship between C-19 and the increase, it's still an unknown.  But I guess that's doesn't stop this from being broadcast to the masses.

Her husband situation makes this discussion more interesting, although on a personal level I am sorry for her loss.

ATIS

Either you are pro vax and the rise in heart attacks is because you hate science and caught COVID, or you are anti vax and anything negative that’s happened in the last 2 years is because a vax exists. No chance COVID being in the world on its own made heart attacks go up regardless of anyone’s actions. No middle ground allowed on this forum. Get your logic out of here.

Edited by MCO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/27/2023 at 12:51 PM, Sim said:

Very interesting that they only reference Active Duty members.  I know several DAF civilians who have been fighting this process legally for the past several years.

31 minutes ago, Standby said:

DoD acting like an abusive husband. “I know I hurt you, but I promise I won’t do it again…I’ve changed!”

I think they also realized the "oh shit" moment they are in with recruiting/retention.

Found out from a friend today that the Army is recalling parts of the IRR now as their recruiting plumetted to only 75% of their annual goal. 

12 minutes ago, FLEA said:

I think they also realized the "oh shit" moment they are in with recruiting/retention.

Found out from a friend today that the Army is recalling parts of the IRR now as their recruiting plumetted to only 75% of their annual goal. 

I highly doubt it's a mandatory recall as thats a HUGE deal.  Probably voluntary and targeted.