COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

Do you think the rest of the medical institutions say the C19 vaccines are safe?

Well, Johns Hopkins says it’s safe, as does CDC, as does Mayo Clinic, as does the UK NIH, as do the Aussies, the Japanese, and so on. So yes, while I respect the fact that this may be one particular doctor’s informed medical opinion, it seems most in her profession don’t share her views. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Well, Johns Hopkins says it’s safe, as does CDC, as does Mayo Clinic, as does the UK NIH, as do the Aussies, the Japanese, and so on. So yes, while I respect the fact that this may be one particular doctor’s informed medical opinion, it seems most in her profession don’t share her views. 

just like EVERYONE said if you get the vax you CANNOT GET COVID

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, a lot of folks saying that lower income folks are hard working, show up to work on time, don't call in sick type of people.  Some are.  Most aren't.  Which is why they are in that job in the first place.  And which is why your service, be it restaurant, oil change, asking someone for assistance at Lowe's, etc; sucks.  In a service based economy.  It wasn't always that way.  But it is now.  Not that way in Europe or Asia.  The service industry employees, even at the lower income positions, bend over backwards to make sure the customer is satisfied.  And their bosses make sure of that.  Not so anymore in America.

To FourFans, since you posted a coherent response - I'm not a GS.  I'm in a building full of them and gov't contractors.  It's a very strange organization, there are literally no uniformed members in the unit.  When I was active duty they were a problem, with the exception of at the Pentagon.  I think the reason for that was up there they were all retired 0-6s and knew the game - come to work, do a pretty good job, get paid, go home.  But at Eglin and in Germany they were a nightmare and you couldn't touch them.

After the military I had a lot of eye opening experiences.  One of them was, when I started hanging out with friends of friends (down here in Bama) I noticed that holy shit - there are a lot of people that do not hold the same work ethic as I do.  Not bad people, but definitely not the type who push through to get the mission accomplished because other people are counting on you.  I spent my career sheltered from this.  People do every frigging thing they can to get out of work.  They come up with schemes that I would never dream of.  And if they have the sniffles - they sure as shit ain't going to work.  If you have not observed this, you are probably not very close to lower income folks.  It was an eye opener for me, and explains a lot of the challenges that I have at Krogers that I didn't have in the squadron.  And that's saying a lot.

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Did they take 'and effective' away from safe? If you listen you can hear the drums off in the distance. Stay tuned.

Also where do those places you listed get their funding?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

Is nsplayer the new Sims, but on the left?  What is up with some outrageous meme for every response?

Because you are a ridiculous person to try to talk to on here and I’ve given up trying to take you seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Kinda like how she was refuted when she claimed the vax was made from antifreeze? https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/574770-army-brigade-surgeon-claims-in-lawsuit-vaccines/amp/

She should have been more specific, it's in RV anti-freeze, the non-toxic stuff.

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

Well, Johns Hopkins says it’s safe, as does CDC, as does Mayo Clinic, as does the UK NIH, as do the Aussies, the Japanese, and so on. 

Do Denmark, Norway, Austria, Estonia, Latvia also agree?  Does Florida agree?  

it’s tough to say what views “most in her profession” share given the well documented government endorsed censorship.  It looks to me like the C19 risk/reward decision matrix is far more nuanced than CDC has acknowledged.  Which means we shouldn’t have mandated it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Which means we shouldn’t have mandated it.

Regardless of what studies you endorse or believe.  That's where the shut it down mask up get the vaccine mandates crowd lost me.  I understand that the majority of parents no longer parent. They don't.  They are perfectly happy with the government (public schools) telling their kids what to believe.  And so these same lazy ass parents don't really want to adult either.  Let the government tell me the answer.  It's covid, its hard...let the government tell me what to do.  They are consumed with things that don't involve parenting or adulting.  The government was happy to enforce mandates to these citizens, and they will now enforce more. 

I've posted it in here before (I think), I'll do it again.  Get yourself 5 acres.  Learn how to garden.  Have some protein, whether that is goats or fish in a pond.  Figure out how to do things yourself.  Learn to be self sufficient.  Or don't.  An eye opener for me, I talked to a "neighbor" when covid hit.  I put neighbor in quotes because I can't see her house and she can't see mine (tyranny of distance). I asked her in Mar 20 what she thought of covid.  The shelves were empty.  Goya beans were your option here.  She didn't have a care in the world.  She couldn't care less about the crisis.  She had all the supplies and food that she needed. This was in the peak of the covid.

You can behave like a social nancy (karen) and over react to everything because you have to, or you can get yourself 5 acres. Or two acres.  Or store up stuff in your apartment.

2 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Wow, a lot of folks saying that lower income folks are hard working, show up to work on time, don't call in sick type of people.  Some are.  Most aren't.  Which is why they are in that job in the first place.  And which is why your service, be it restaurant, oil change, asking someone for assistance at Lowe's, etc; sucks.  In a service based economy.  It wasn't always that way.  But it is now.  Not that way in Europe or Asia.  The service industry employees, even at the lower income positions, bend over backwards to make sure the customer is satisfied.  And their bosses make sure of that.  Not so anymore in America.

To FourFans, since you posted a coherent response - I'm not a GS.  I'm in a building full of them and gov't contractors.  It's a very strange organization, there are literally no uniformed members in the unit.  When I was active duty they were a problem, with the exception of at the Pentagon.  I think the reason for that was up there they were all retired 0-6s and knew the game - come to work, do a pretty good job, get paid, go home.  But at Eglin and in Germany they were a nightmare and you couldn't touch them.

After the military I had a lot of eye opening experiences.  One of them was, when I started hanging out with friends of friends (down here in Bama) I noticed that holy shit - there are a lot of people that do not hold the same work ethic as I do.  Not bad people, but definitely not the type who push through to get the mission accomplished because other people are counting on you.  I spent my career sheltered from this.  People do every frigging thing they can to get out of work.  They come up with schemes that I would never dream of.  And if they have the sniffles - they sure as shit ain't going to work.  If you have not observed this, you are probably not very close to lower income folks.  It was an eye opener for me, and explains a lot of the challenges that I have at Krogers that I didn't have in the squadron.  And that's saying a lot.

Man if I had more time I would love to dissect this for you. But its very clear your bias here and the tint of your lenses. If you think people in the private sector give a damn about "the mission" or "the objective"..... You are coming from a place of loyalty/duty/purpose. In the private sector the only "thing" you work for is supporting a bunch of privledged people line their pockets with satin gold you'll never touch. People don't work for "the mission." They work for "themselves." And that often means coming to work running out the mouth ass and nose because they need to make that rent payment in 2 weeks and they aren't getting paid if they aren't there. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

Kinda like how she was refuted when she claimed the vax was made from antifreeze? https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/574770-army-brigade-surgeon-claims-in-lawsuit-vaccines/amp/

That does sound strange… until you realize Polyethelene glycol is in everything. Should you be injecting it? I’m not a doctor. 

Adding to their use in cosmetics, many PEG compounds also have other applications. Available information from these uses is included in this assessment where relevant. In the pharmaceutical industry, for instance, they are used as ointment bases or vehicles for drugs in capsules, tablet and pill binders, suppositories, and liquid prescriptions; and in veterinary drugs as part of parenteral, topical, ophthalmic, oral, and rectal preparations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4505343/

Edit: These were the first two results when I googled polyethelene glycol injections. Wtf? She’s on to something. Thanks for the lede, I had no idea anti-freeze (PEG-2000 in this case) was actually in the vaccine and documented to have caused adverse reactions. Yikes.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a619007.html

https://www.bjanaesthesia.org/article/S0007-0912(20)31009-6/fulltext

Edited by gearhog

19 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Man if I had more time I would love to dissect this for you. But its very clear your bias here and the tint of your lenses. If you think people in the private sector give a damn about "the mission" or "the objective"..... You are coming from a place of loyalty/duty/purpose. In the private sector the only "thing" you work for is supporting a bunch of privledged people line their pockets with satin gold you'll never touch. People don't work for "the mission." They work for "themselves." And that often means coming to work running out the mouth ass and nose because they need to make that rent payment in 2 weeks and they aren't getting paid if they aren't there. 

It's very clear you don't understand low income wage earners in the private sector.  Don't blame you, I didn't either.

20 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

It's very clear you don't understand low income wage earners in the private sector.  Don't blame you, I didn't either.

I was a low income worker in the private sector for quite a long time. Understand it quite well.