COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

It's not "zero influence" and it's not "lizard people pulling all the strings on a world-wide conspiracy." They're an organization of people working toward certain outcomes you may or may not agree with at any one time. I wouldn't even call the WEF and WHO particularly overly powerful organizations all things considered. Nowhere near the CCP, Vladimir Putin's random whims, the Fed and ECB, or the U.S. executive branch for example.

You're just not making a super compelling case that Børge Brende, head of the WEF for the last 5 years and who I had to google despite having several degrees & above average interest in international studies, is some kind of incredibly powerful overlord actually controlling Joe Biden, Mitch McConnell, Xi Jinping, Ursula von der Leyen, etc.

I mean the guy looks like a total dweeb or what you would get if you asked an AI to generate an image of a Norwegian politician.

And I will happily, mercilessly mock people who believe in wildly bullshittenous conspiracy theories because it's fun and funny, I'm not that sorry. Fear, sarcasm, and ridicule...it's truly an all-time great combo for getting some folks to learn.

image.png.8787b07e0a88e1a9f5d63ef77a347241.png

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 1

And if you're upset with the rich continuing to amass ever growings and disproportionate sums of wealth, there's one weird trick that you have to see to believe!

It's called tax the rich.

I'm super on board with discussing the best ways we can do that without overly damaging the capitalist economic engine that has put our country and our allies on top, but this is weird thread to do that in since it has nothing to do with COVID.

• Upvote 1

And if you're upset with the rich continuing to amass ever growings and disproportionate sums of wealth, there's one weird trick that you have to see to believe!
I'm super on board with discussing the best ways we can do that without overly damaging the capitalist economic engine that has put our country and our allies on top, but this is weird thread to do that in since it has nothing to do with COVID.

Really wish we could thumbs down in this app.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

The problem with taxing the rich is that wealth isn't redistributed back to my pocket, lol. It just goes to into some needless government project designed to enrich some other asshole running some contractor gig. 

• Upvote 1

The top 5% of us tax payers pay almost 60% of the total taxes collected. Tax the rich is super misguided and foolish. Money gained from easy handouts departs as easy. Would rather teach people how to become rich.

Generation wealth is a red herring also. “Figures from Gobankingrates show that 70% of wealthy families lose their wealth by the next generation, with 90% losing it the generation after that.”

https://fortune.com/recommends/article/generational-wealth-explained/#

Quit wasting time complaining about people who have figured it out and go try and learn yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/17/2023 at 9:48 PM, Guardian said:

Really wish we could thumbs down in this app.

You can 🤷‍♂️ While you’re at it, ask bashi why it’s bad that the lizard people at the WEF are instructing their wealthy minions to Hoover up all the wealth extra-hard over the last two years…‘twas not I that brought this up as a problem to be solved.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec150a6ec0e7950614d6f8d3fad89fd2.jpeg 

Edited by nsplayr

11 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

You have nothing but insults to dispute what I’m saying. THIS is the power grab I’m talking about. 

06CA0D82-9DA7-4130-B962-E92C2F5D3DC0.jpeg

"The rich executed a huge transfer of wealth to themselves over the last two years! "

"So let's tax it and use it to benefit the poor"

"Fuck you, the rich already pay enough in taxes!"

I guess I'm not following the argument. What would you like to do to remedy this situation? 

You can 🤷‍♂️ While you’re at it, as bashi why it’s bad that the lizard people at the WEF are instructing their wealthy minions to Hoover up all the wealth extra-hard over the last two years…‘twas not I that brought this up as a problem to be solved.
image.thumb.jpeg.ec150a6ec0e7950614d6f8d3fad89fd2.jpeg 

I’m on the app. Not internet. Thanks for the tip.

"The rich executed a huge transfer of wealth to themselves over the last two years! "
"So let's tax it and use it to benefit the poor"
" you, the rich already pay enough in taxes!"
I guess I'm not following the argument. What would you like to do to remedy this situation? 

Define the situation you are referring to specifically please. As you allude to multiple situations and viewpoints.

2 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Define the situation you are referring to specifically please. As you allude to multiple situations and viewpoints.

Well, let's start with the one at hand. If you believe covid was just a conspiracy to make rich people richer, why serious you oppose taking that wealth from them?

Well that’s changing the discussion a lot and wasn’t at hand. Also it is a hypothetical made to trap. I believe when someone in a relationship is asked a question by their significant other such as the one above, it could be referred to as a $hit test.

I never said it was a conspiracy to make the rich richer even though it did have partially that effect on some.

But I think in general taking more than what is fair from those who build up aspects of society, give opportunities, and help propel our society to heights never experience in this world is wrong and nearly pure evil. Even most of the poorest people in this country are better off than the large majority of the rest of the world.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Well that’s changing the discussion a lot and wasn’t at hand. Also it is a hypothetical made to trap. I believe when someone in a relationship is asked a question by their significant other such as the one above, it could be referred to as a $hit test.

I never said it was a conspiracy to make the rich richer even though it did have partially that effect on some.

But I think in general taking more than what is fair from those who build up aspects of society, give opportunities, and help propel our society to heights never experience in this world is wrong and nearly pure evil. Even most of the poorest people in this country are better off than the large majority of the rest of the world.

Ah. So covid is not, in fact, a power grab to make the rich richer. 

Glad we agree. 

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Ah. So covid is not, in fact, a power grab to make the rich richer. 

Glad we agree. 

COVID is an actual thing, cooked in a Chinese military bio weapons lab (partially funded by Fauci), released on the world (maybe by accident), which then killed tons of people.  I do not think it originated as a way for rich people to get richer, nor do I think anyone is saying that.  

However, it is undeniable that one of many side effects has been some rich people exploiting the situation to make themselves richer (Bill Gates).  And the government also turned this into a power grab (they’re still fighting in the courts for the right to forcibly mask you on airplanes).  Additionally, there was a massive conspiracy to suppress information and free speech in order to perpetuate this power grab; evidence of government collusion is now overwhelming.  You are a victim of this effort, and I wish you the best as you struggle to regain autonomy from truly evil people who have lied to you and turned you on your fellow countrymen to increase their profit margins and political power.  The moment dudes like you & Nsplayr & Negatory realize you were hit with a deliberate psyop to benefit people/corporations that hate you and would rather your children be physically poisoned than lose their grasp on your mind… I will celebrate  🥃

• Upvote 3

On 1/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, Lord Ratner said:

We knew that COVID targeted fat old people from what, January 2020? We knew it didn't affect kids either by the time we went into lockdown in March. We knew it spreads almost entirely indoors by April, because I remember the Florida beach controversy. 

Nearly everything we "learned" about COVID after the summer of 2020 involved an "expert" prediction that proved inaccurate. 

Getting back to COVID....

Yes, we  knew those things...because those are the things that viruses do, and we've known it for a very long time.  

Viruses are higher risk to those with pre-existing conditions...like being fat, old, or having respiratory or cardiac issues.

Viruses attack children with less virulence because they have hormonal help from a developing and raging immune system.

Viruses spread very fast indoors because of personal proximity and a more 'survivable' environment for the virus vs outdoors.  

This is nothing new.  COVID acted like a VIRUS because it's a VIRUS...regardless of the fact that it was almost certainly a lab developed one: https://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/report_an_analysis_of_the_origins_of_covid-19_102722.pdf That report is 26 pages long.  Read it.

WE as a country, and damn near as a species, acted like complete morons by letting politicians, unelected bureaucrats, and ignorant big-tech influencers...all with political agendas...to dictate the response to the virus.

Yes it was man-made.  Yes it was a nasty virus.  But where was the call for healthy living?  Where was the call to lower obesity?  Where was the call to increase simple things (vitamins C, D/exercise/sunshine) that boost immune systems?

Those things don't make money, and don't consolidate power.  Lockdowns, mandates, 'emergency new...*insert miscellaneous vaccines/masks/ventilators/etc)' do.  What started as a 'public health response' turned into a play for power at multiple levels within weeks.  Hell, in China, it's still going on.  It's in the playbook: "Never let a crisis go to waste."  And politicians and bureaucrats certainly didn't.  You think Fauci, or any other "I defeated covid" warriors will every have to worry about money or influence again?  They'll be on the book/interview circuit indefinitely. 

Hopefully some of those interviews include congressional hearings.

COVID is a virus.  We should have treated it like virus.  The panic surrounding it was completely unnecessary.  Perhaps this is really a failure of public education.  Apparently we all forgot basics like: live healthy and you get sick less.  We could have treated it like any other virus, done the distancing, PROPERLY develop a vaccine, keep the economy open, protect the seriously at risk, properly address and punish those that introduced it to the world through unfiltered arrogance, and carry on.  Instead we killed untold numbers with depression/suicide, and induced an entire generation to still to-be-discovered mental health issues.

Again: https://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/report_an_analysis_of_the_origins_of_covid-19_102722.pdf Read it.

Those with common sense coupled to critical thinking knew most of this right out the gate.  Unfortunately our leadership apparently doesn't possess those traits.

Edited by FourFans130
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

COVID is an actual thing, cooked in a Chinese military bio weapons lab (partially funded by Fauci), released on the world (maybe by accident), which then killed tons of people.  I do not think it originated as a way for rich people to get richer, nor do I think anyone is saying that.  

So, this is where you start losing people. “Cooked in a Chinese military bio weapons lab”? Uhhh, while I certainly agree that there is a good amount of evidence pointing to the man made/enhanced theory, exactly where are you getting information that this was a military bio-weapons project? Far, far more likely that lax Chinese controls & procedures allowed this to escape from a run of the mill virus/disease research facility (research which virtually every developed country in the world does btw). “Partially funded by Fauci”; You mean the CDC? Or did the evil Dr Fauci put his own money into the project in the hopes of drastically reducing the world’s population and, in the ensuing pandemonium, taking his seat alongside Soros, Xi, and Bill Gates to rule the world from a volcano island somewhere in the Indian Ocean? If you mean the CDC, honest question: do you think it’s good or bad that the CDC has a presence in other countries, especially ones where outbreaks of novel viruses have been known to occur? While there may be some valid arguments regarding whether the risk/reward matrix was in our favor for the type of research being done (MAY be: the arguments have been so twisted by all sides at this point, it’s hard to know what was actually happening), I’d argue that it’s better the CDC (and WHO, for all its faults) had some eyes on the ground in the PRC than not. 

Look, there’s a lot of good discussion about what was done right & wrong by various actors during this pandemic. Did vaccines work as well as we hoped? No. Were they completely worthless in combating spread and symptoms? Also no. Have the vaccines themselves injured millions as is the current speculation from the nutjobs? Certainly not. Did we royally fuck up our kids by closing schools for a couple years? Boy, I hope not, but time will tell. It certainly wasn’t good for most of them. The list of things that could’ve gone better is long and distinguished & hopefully we’ve learned something for the next one. And yes, politicians did what they tend to do and capitalized on some aspects of the response to further their own ends. Is that evidence of some overarching cabal that can be bent to fit whichever narrative you’d like it to? Fuck no. It means humans did human shit. Some of it was good. Some of it was bad. Simple as that. 

BL: lots of valid arguments here, but when you start in with the stupid conspiracy shit, you (rightfully) get thrown into the nut job pile & people stop listening to you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Yes back to COVID and what this administration is doing...UFB!

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 17.32.08.png

Most incompetent administration in history. What do they have to gain by pushing the mask mandate? There has still got to be a large portion of their voting base that is obsessed with masks and terrified of COVID or something. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dream big said:

Most incompetent administration in history. What do they have to gain by pushing the mask mandate? There has still got to be a large portion of their voting base that is obsessed with masks and terrified of COVID or something. 

I live in a liberal stronghold and still see lots of people masking. Its not required anymore and the majority dont. Mask prevalence now reminds me of Japan though pre-covid. Where its not like EVERYONE is wearing a mask, but you aren't surprised when you see it. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dream big said:

To be fair, they aren’t really trying to get the mask mandated re-instated. DOJ is in court because it believes it should have the right to mandate such measures during times of crisis. Their position is that the courts wrongfully stripped them of such right. You’re certainly free to disagree with DOJ’s position. I have mixed feelings, personally. I actually think it’s a good thing this is being litigated because it will set a precedent going forward. Let’s look at this for what it is though (the system, doing what it’s supposed to do) and not get into the histrionics & misdirection of saying the DOJ wants to re-institute masks at this time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

I live in a liberal stronghold and still see lots of people masking. Its not required anymore and the majority dont. Mask prevalence now reminds me of Japan though pre-covid. Where its not like EVERYONE is wearing a mask, but you aren't surprised when you see it. 

I noticed a kid at my son’s bus stop wearing a mask this morning. I asked him if her parents were back to household masking. He said “nope, she’s just got a little cold & is masked up until she feels better”. This is a cultural shift that I can actually get behind & might be one of the few good things to come out of the pandemic. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Prozac said:

To be fair, they aren’t really trying to get the mask mandated re-instated. DOJ is in court because it believes it should have the right to mandate such measures during times of crisis. Their position is that the courts wrongfully stripped them of such right. You’re certainly free to disagree with DOJ’s position. I have mixed feelings, personally. I actually think it’s a good thing this is being litigated because it will set a precedent going forward. Let’s look at this for what it is though (the system, doing what it’s supposed to do) and not get into the histrionics & misdirection of saying the DOJ wants to re-institute masks at this time. 

And that makes it any better? In fact, that is much worse! I don’t want the FEDs having that much power. I couldn’t care less about wearing a mask, we bought custom fit ones at my old unit with custom cloth that was quite comfy (probably not “CDC legal” but WGAS). If a private business wants to impose a mask, by all means I’ll comply. What I’m not comfortable with is the Federal Government having the ability to make sweeping regulations that will likely be driven by emotion and politics rather than science and reason. Masks might not seem like a big deal, but if masks can be mandated on a federal level then what next? These questions are important, especially since you mentioned judicial precedent. 

Now before someone mentions seatbelts…those are usually mandated at a state level which I’m much more okay with because the whole point of the 10th amendment was for states to legislate as they see fit what is not in the bill of rights. Also, seatbelts are a lot less invasive so.. 

1 hour ago, dream big said:

These questions are important, especially since you mentioned judicial precedent. 

You’re making my point for me. Wouldn’t you rather have this go through the judicial system than have DOJ assume they can do whatever they want? Of course, there’s a risk the ruling will go their way, but that’s how our system works. Not everyone is going to like every result. 

2 hours ago, Prozac said:

I noticed a kid at my son’s bus stop wearing a mask this morning. I asked him if her parents were back to household masking. He said “nope, she’s just got a little cold & is masked up until she feels better”. This is a cultural shift that I can actually get behind & might be one of the few good things to come out of the pandemic. 

Don't wear a mask to school if you're sick, stay home.  There.

• Upvote 1