COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

Saddened we don’t hold our elected officials more accountable. We get what we deserve when we keep electing into office the same douchebags. The abusive and totalitarian handling of Covid (mandates/demands/punishments) should have elicited a strong response from all of us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

A poll said @57% of Californians were not happy with the way their state was run and 100s of businesses and 1000s of people leaving the state for a better life but Newsom was 20 points up on his opponent. Just does not compute. 

I didn't vote for him (he was covid dictator).  The people who leave this state probably wouldn't have voted for him either.   

It's an us vs them thing. People choose a team and don't want the other guys to win.   Regardless of the policies they want to implement.   He's political royalty.   

Edited by Biff_T

40 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

I didn't vote for him (he was covid dictator).  The people who leave this state probably wouldn't have voted for him either.   

It's an us vs them thing. People choose a team and don't want the other guys to win.   Regardless of the policies they want to implement.   He's political royalty.   

Unless you have a viable/solid candidate to counter (with a firm believable message), you will never overturn Newsome. 

I think that same message is going to be the outcome of last night. Red wave was more of a ripple, and I think a lot of that has to do with less-than-adequate R candidates put forward to compete. 

ATIS 

10 minutes ago, ATIS said:

Unless you have a viable/solid candidate to counter (with a firm believable message), you will never overturn Newsome. 

I think that same message is going to be the outcome of last night. Red wave was more of a ripple, and I think a lot of that has to do with less-than-adequate R candidates put forward to compete. 

ATIS 

I agree.  Newsom is the golden child of the democratic party.  I had no delusions of Newsom losing, I just wanted to be able to sleep at night.   He pissed me off during the lockdowns.  He comes across as very pompous as well.  

Edited by Biff_T

Guest LumberjackAxe

I think most voters define their political beliefs not on positive positions on issues, but on the opposite of whatever the other side thinks. People voted for Newsom not because they like what he's doing, but because they dislike Trump and company. Sort of how like DeSantis is branding himself as "anti-woke" (his most popular legislation was even called the "Stop Woke Act"). I know, this is the hottest take of the century, but I think it's really the best description of how people currently vote. They read their favorite media website, which most certainly highlights the other side's shenanigans, and vote for the opposite of that.

I think most voters define their political beliefs not on positive positions on issues, but on the opposite of whatever the other side thinks. People voted for Newsom not because they like what he's doing, but because they dislike Trump and company. Sort of how like DeSantis is branding himself as "anti-woke" (his most popular legislation was even called the "Stop Woke Act"). I know, this is the hottest take of the century, but I think it's really the best description of how people currently vote. They read their favorite media website, which most certainly highlights the other side's shenanigans, and vote for the opposite of that.

Shack

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

On 11/9/2022 at 6:54 AM, BashiChuni said:

Wow shocked Michigan and NY re-elected their gov’s. Two of the worst COVID offenders. And NM. JFC. 

Many of the people I know in these states were quite happy with the draconian measures. Let’s not forget a good chunk of the country is very content with and needs the security blanket provided by the big government, in more ways than one. These are the Karen’s that will scream at your child if their mask falls off their nose. These states get what they deserve - one of the reasons Florida has become so red is that New York ran most of the conservatives out of the state. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3215451/daf-authorizes-pass-for-covid-booster-by-dec-1/.

"Airmen and Guardians who receive the COVID-19 Bivalent Booster released in September are authorized a one-day special pass from their commander as long as the booster is administered by Dec. 1." 

Stick meet carrot. 

LOL, so you get to use your special pass for the day spent in bed with the shakes and chills as your body reacts to the shot?!? Sounds like a great idea to me. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ViperMan said:

LOL, so you get to use your special pass for the day spent in bed with the shakes and chills as your body reacts to the shot?!? Sounds like a great idea to me. 🤣

download.jpg.b61a13a7054b95f75239439abdf7a781.jpg.02165aacbe920b82b281ab528fb5b7b0.jpg

Edited by Biff_T
Thank you FLEA

On 11/8/2022 at 11:54 PM, BashiChuni said:

Wow shocked Michigan and NY re-elected their gov’s. Two of the worst COVID offenders. And NM. JFC. 

Football fans don't switch teams when theirs loses, or gets caught cheating, or beats up their wives and girlfriends. 

Edited by Lord Ratner

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Football fans don't switch teams when theirs loses, or gets caught cheating, or beats up their wives and girlfriends. 

Good one.

What's crazy to me is that every one of them were busted violating their own COVID lockdowns. Ones that the people who voted for them would be arrested for. But hey, go team.

BTW, left out CA.

Edited by arg
Because
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sim said:

with a chance to "die suddenly" 

Anecdotally: Just met up with my buddy who had a heart attack right after getting the shot. He got 30% disability...which he is fighting.

Happy ending: Escaped his ADSC by a couple years and is almost done with probation with a major.

41 minutes ago, StoleIt said:

Anecdotally: Just met up with my buddy who had a heart attack right after getting the shot. He got 30% disability...which he is fighting.

Happy ending: Escaped his ADSC by a couple years and is almost done with probation with a major.

Wait, dude had a heart attack and still can hold a FC1?  It thought heart attacks and strokes were the kiss of death for an FAA physical.