COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

21 hours ago, Sim said:

NoAmnesty.thumb.jpeg.073f28a3a1634a8fce7d428e832e4a0d.jpeg

That's brutal. Oof.

A long time ago in a galaxy far away, I worked EMS in the northeast US. I still know a lot of people who have stayed in EMS or have moved up the medical ladder. They were getting their asses kicked in 2020 and I felt bad for them; I talked to a few more in depth. But then some of them went overboard and stated that everyone else should listen to the "experts" with no dissent. 

When I asked them if the citizenry should then just listen to generals ("the experts") in war with no dissent...some seemed to realize what they were saying. Others didn't. 

Families should never be denied the ability to say goodbye to a loved one. I witnessed humans entering and leaving the earth, and it's a heavy experience either way - but at least it's happy when they arrive. 

I was always silently thankful when we kept a person alive long enough for someone to be there to say goodbye. I can't imagine not advocating for that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, BashiChuni said:

COVID response will go down in history as one of our nations worst moments. People will refuse to acknowledge their hateful actions in the decades to come and everyone will say they always opposed the oppressive government policies and un constitutional actions. 

Yup. Like most government failures, those responsible scatter like roaches, then somehow return for the next crisis.

• Upvote 1

There’s been several statements recently from those on the wrong side of history that go something like, “let’s just all move on and let bygones be bygones, we only did/said things based on our understanding at the time. Let’s just forget about it all!”

Yeah, fuck you. I will not forget, and I hope everyone else doesn’t either. If you demonized others via words (or worse, actions) who called it correctly, but weren’t in line with your thinking at the time - you don’t get a pass because you are still a huge POS. This does not apply to those who remained respectful and maintained human decency despite differing viewpoints. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, brabus said:

There’s been several statements recently from those on the wrong side of history that go something like, “let’s just all move on and let bygones be bygones, we only did/said things based on our understanding at the time. Let’s just forget about it all!”

Yeah, fuck you. I will not forget, and I hope everyone else doesn’t either. If you demonized others via words (or worse, actions) who called it correctly, but weren’t in line with your thinking at the time - you don’t get a pass because you are still a huge POS. This does not apply to those who remained respectful and maintained human decency despite differing viewpoints. 

For instance, this tripe: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/

I readily admit that I make mistakes and want to learn from them. However, a handful (or more) of people who got it wrong, rather than admitting as much, taking responsibility, and trying to correct it for the future, want their records cleared. These articles are meant to appear as a mea culpa, but they are not. They are merely another sleight-of-hand trick performed to dupe the masses.

Further, the article above is just another instance of virtue signaling. The author is trying to signal her side's moral superiority—note her exhortation to not gloat—by declaring a newfound erudition while advertising an outright revisionist narrative that does not just strain credulity but shatters it. While one cannot lay the blame for one person's actions at the feet of a movement, we all distinctly recall the diatribe coming people when anyone dared oppose. A generally unified front used "trusting the science" as a cudgel to beat actual scientists, critical thinkers, and others. To attempt to overlook numerous ethical failings—after all, when one takes actions counter to one's thoughts, it belies moral weakness—by simply sweeping them aside as the fruit of uncertainty is intellectually dishonest. That she does so under the guise of civility is ironic and disgusting. 

The audacity to write, "But dwelling on the mistakes of history can lead to a repetitive doom loop as well. Let’s acknowledge that we made complicated choices in the face of deep uncertainty, and then try to work together to build back and move forward" is galling. For an apparent vanguard or thought-leader in the "trust the science" movement, it seems that they would welcome an intelligent, fact-based, civil discourse that offered ways to avoid the mistakes of the past. Yet, "trust the science" was always just a bumper-sticker moniker to short-circuit frontal lobe activity among the masses with docile compliance the aim.

• Like 6

We need a full blown debrief process for the response to this thing.

Clear errors by humans, which I understand. I've messed up more than I can count - but fess up to it; I'll respect you more even in a real world situation. That's been the most mind blowing thing - people refuse to take any responsibility. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, brabus said:

image.jpeg.68e21a237e17f628248eaec3f7554387.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

We need a full blown debrief process for the response to this thing.

Clear errors by humans, which I understand. I've messed up more than I can count - but fess up to it; I'll respect you more even in a real world situation. That's been the most mind blowing thing - people refuse to take any responsibility. 

Those responsible for destroying our economy, not to mention putting lives at risk (New York/nursing homes) because of overreaching COVID policies, should never be in a position where they can do this again. Unfortunately this largely has to be done in the voting booths.

I wish this would apply to the spineless commanders in the military all the way up to the SecDef but that will never happen. If you deployed to the Died or anywhere else during COVID you know what an epic shit show that was. Blatant malpractice from people who clearly should never be in a position of power.

This country is the last bastion of valuing freedom over collectivism and that consistently seems to dwindle away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I like the sexually ambiguous person doing the demo.   My only critique is that right leg could be lifted a few inches higher.   It really helps with the insertion.  

Guest LumberjackAxe
On 11/6/2022 at 8:42 AM, Biff_T said:

I like the sexually ambiguous person doing the demo.   My only critique is that right leg could be lifted a few inches higher.   It really helps with the insertion.  

Once upon time during the GWOT, it was mongolian bbq night and I needed to take an ambien shortly after... it doesn't do anything unless I take it on an empty stomach, and a previous room tenant had left behind a mortar/pestle (I have questions!) and I had an empty syringe from go gel (this was before 100% accountability post-flight lololol) and a dark idea popped into my head. I didn't do it because I'm a toxic masculine man and my butt is a one way street, but I was about ten minutes away from crushing up the ambien, mixing it with water, and squirting it up. War will change a man.

Guest LumberjackAxe

hahaha yes, now that I'm protected by my DD214, I feel totally fine posting about some of my shenanigans for entertainment. I still have to wait for the statute of limitations to expire for some of them, though, I ain't no dummy. I ain't smart either, but I ain't no dummy.

1 hour ago, LumberjackAxe said:

Once upon time during the GWOT, it was mongolian bbq night and I needed to take an ambien shortly after... it doesn't do anything unless I take it on an empty stomach, and a previous room tenant had left behind a mortar/pestle (I have questions!) and I had an empty syringe from go gel (this was before 100% accountability post-flight lololol) and a dark idea popped into my head. I didn't do it because I'm a toxic masculine man and my butt is a one way street, but I was about ten minutes away from crushing up the ambien, mixing it with water, and squirting it up. War will change a man.

Pure awesomeness!  

44 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

Your 2A753 is showing.

Amn Biff (with my baby mustache) would have done it without a second thought..lol.