COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

Went throught LGA today and was thrilled to see that despite NY state keeping the public transit mask mandate, the majority of pax and crew members I saw chose to ignore the automated mask requirement announcements.  

Good luck trying to turn that shit back on when cases start “up-ticking” before the mid-terms. 

18 hours ago, Blue said:

The vast majority of American's don't want any kind of mask mandate, and are happy the airline mandate went away.

The minority of people supporting the mask mandate are:

• The current crop of Democrats
  • Most of the mainstream press
  • That minority of grown-ass adults who are impressionable and struggle with critical thinking, who buy into everything they are told by the government and the media.  Those are the people in your Facebook feed, and quoted in such esteemed rags as The Atlantic and the NYT.  White women tend to be overrepresented here, but that's a topic for another time.

A special mention goes out to every mid-level white collar employee out there who has been able to seamlessly transition from poking at their laptop in an office building, to poking at their laptop in their home office, while wearing their pajamas.  The so-called "Laptop Class."

These are the people who are comfy in their homes, and only have to don a mask when going out for groceries, hitting the local Home Depot, or maybe the occasional trip to a restaurant.  These are the people who haughtily say "What's wrong with you, masks aren't so bad!!!"  They retreat home, with no thought for the rest of the populace out there working masked-up all day long in the grocery stores, restaurants, factories, and elsewhere.

The midwits of the world can angrily post to Facebook all day long.  No one ing cares, except their fellow zealots.  Everyone else has moved on.

LOL this is basically me.  But I have to travel to meet clients when needed and go to my main office in Houston occasionally.

Not everyone can work from home.  They arent mature enough of they need the social interaction.  We are trying to get ppl in but its come in when you need to.  The commute is pretty bad for a lot.  I also moved out of CO and cashed in and moved to the south east.  My clients are all over hte US so it didnt matter really where I was.  I think having a Mil background helped maintain discipline for me.

I am surprised the Dems seem to push ppl back into the cities though.  The work from home option seems to be a helper for climate change and help with congestion.  Fewer care=less pollution?  Or is the whole global warming scare a farce for voters?  Seems like an arrow in your quiver if you care that much.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, pawnman said:

Youre aware that Pfizer has full approval now, right? Has for almost six months. 

Is that why nobody can seem to get the non-EUA vaccine at any installation?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/coronavirus-vaccine-blood-clots

In May, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) put new restrictions on who can get the J&J vaccine, based on a fresh review of data on the life-threatening blood clots that have been associated with the vaccine. 

How many discharges for refusing to take the Kung flu non-vaccine and/or medical injuries and subsequent loss of deployable personnel have occurred vs. if the virus had been allowed run its course in nearly the least affected demographic in the nation?

Seems a large own goal, but totally worth it, right?

But sketchy orders are orders...

Surely no correlation:

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/01/21/air-forces-enlisted-recruitment-pipeline-is-drying-up-general-warns/

My 79 year old Mother In Law was diagnosed with COVID-19 this morning.  This is her second bout with COVID having previously contracted it in 2020 when she nearly died.  Her previous case was so severe she was hospitalized and they gave here EVERYTHING with the doctor telling us "there is nothing else we can do."  Ultimately, she was given last rites but somehow survived after a lengthy hospital stay.   Since that event She has been double vaccinated and doubled boosted.  Should be some interesting contact tracing since she works at the White House.

• 2 weeks later...

The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most manipulated infectious disease events in history, characterized by official lies in an unending stream lead by government bureaucracies, medical associations, medical boards, the media, and international agencies.[3,6,57] We have witnessed a long list of unprecedented intrusions into medical practice, including attacks on medical experts, destruction of medical careers among doctors refusing to participate in killing their patients and a massive regimentation of health care, led by non-qualified individuals with enormous wealth, power and influence.

For the first time in American history a president, governors, mayors, hospital administrators and federal bureaucrats are determining medical treatments based not on accurate scientifically based or even experience based information, but rather to force the acceptance of special forms of care and “prevention”—including remdesivir, use of respirators and ultimately a series of essentially untested messenger RNA vaccines. For the first time in history medical treatment, protocols are not being formulated based on the experience of the physicians treating the largest number of patients successfully, but rather individuals and bureaucracies that have never treated a single patient—including Anthony Fauci, Bill Gates, EcoHealth Alliance, the CDC, WHO, state public health officers and hospital administrators

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9062939/

spicy opinion article. 

Just saw an official looking memorandum signed by 19AF/CC (AETC) directing that those whose religious accommodation request and subsequent appeal denial for the COVID vaccine be immediately grounded.

Furthermore, if the member doesn't request retirement or separation within 5 days of the appeal denial then they will also be immediately suspended from receiving AvIP and any aviation bonus in addition to being grounded.

19AF/CC has already prohibited all TDYs for unvaccinated personnel prior to this new policy.

Apparently the "pilot crisis" can't be too bad if they're willing to cut UPT and FTU production by grounding AETC IPs for refraining from a vaccine that has proven to not be the "miracle vaccine" that it was initially advertised as.

Edited to add: Unvaxxed AETC IPs have been flying the line with and alongside like their vaxxed counterparts for over 6 months now with absolutely no issues whatsover.  There is no logical argument to ground these people from flying while still allowing them to work and sim in close proximity to everyone else.  This policy is completely about power and has zero to do with protecting people or making the workplace safer.

--Break, break--

How come no one is asking why it's been almost a year since the Comrinaty was approved and we still have no FDA approved vaccine available in the U.S.?  Could it be that Pfizer doesn't want to be liable for any lawsuits since they are protected from such under the EUA?  If so, why would they be worried about lawsuits if the vaccine is indeed safe and effective?

-9-

Edited by Nineline
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Nineline said:

Just saw an official looking memorandum signed by 19AF/CC (AETC) directing that those whose religious accommodation request and subsequent appeal denial for the COVID vaccine be immediately grounded.

Furthermore, if the member doesn't request retirement or separation within 5 days of the appeal denial then they will also be immediately suspended from receiving AvIP and any aviation bonus in addition to being grounded.

IGs about to have to start putting up those “take a number, currently serving number 69”  things for the flood of complaints about to arrive. 

21 hours ago, Nineline said:

for refraining from a vaccine that has proven to not be the "miracle vaccine" that it was initially advertised as.

Indeed. I was (voluntarily) vaccinated with Pfizer on Jun/Jul of last year. Right now I have COVID for the second time, and it's been full COVID, like a bad flu.

But this was never about science.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Indeed. I was (voluntarily) vaccinated with Pfizer on Jun/Jul of last year. Right now I have COVID for the second time, and it's been full COVID, like a bad flu.

But this was never about science.

but thankfully you've been vaxed/boosted and your symptoms are mild /s

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Nineline said:

19AF/CC has already prohibited all TDYs for unvaccinated personnel prior to this new policy.

Apparently the "pilot crisis" can't be too bad if they're willing to cut UPT and FTU production by grounding AETC IPs for refraining from a vaccine that has proven to not be the "miracle vaccine" that it was initially advertised as.

Edited to add: Unvaxxed AETC IPs have been flying the line with and alongside like their vaxxed counterparts for over 6 months now with absolutely no issues whatsover.  There is no logical argument to ground these people from flying while still allowing them to work and sim in close proximity to everyone else.  This policy is completely about power and has zero to do with protecting people or making the workplace safer.

--Break, break--

How come no one is asking why it's been almost a year since the Comrinaty was approved and we still have no FDA approved vaccine available in the U.S.?  Could it be that Pfizer doesn't want to be liable for any lawsuits since they are protected from such under the EUA?  If so, why would they be worried about lawsuits if the vaccine is indeed safe and effective?

-9-

I'll bite. Good.

And let's go into this assuming that the effects of the virus are overblown, and that the vaccine was overpromised and underdelivered. And that this isn't in fact a readiness issue.

All of that aside, a segment of the population decided to ignore a military order. It shouldn't matter if they were first-term Airmen handing out volleyballs, or AETC instructor pilots. Either way, their actions are not compatible with military service in an all-volunteer force. They should be shown the door, honorably. Not punitively. Absolve all ADSCs and bonus repayments, just a quick date of separation and an honorable discharge. Nobody is forced to be here.

• Upvote 2

@Waingro Cutting off the nose to spite the face is all that is. This wasn’t a refusal to go to war and do their jobs. Leaders and problem solvers don’t blindly think in black and white, but that’s exactly what this line of thought is. “Leaders” who are incapable of critical thought  and just “read the teleprompter” are a bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Waingro said:

I'll bite. Good.

And let's go into this assuming that the effects of the virus are overblown, and that the vaccine was overpromised and underdelivered. And that this isn't in fact a readiness issue.

All of that aside, a segment of the population decided to ignore a military order. It shouldn't matter if they were first-term Airmen handing out volleyballs, or AETC instructor pilots. Either way, their actions are not compatible with military service in an all-volunteer force. They should be shown the door, honorably. Not punitively. Absolve all ADSCs and bonus repayments, just a quick date of separation and an honorable discharge. Nobody is forced to be here.

Let's take all of the assumptions in your first paragraph to be true, then that order wouldn't be a lawful order because it lacks military neccesity. All orders have to have military neccesity, regardless of the context. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, brabus said:

@Waingro Cutting off the nose to spite the face is all that is. This wasn’t a refusal to go to war and do their jobs. Leaders and problem solvers don’t blindly think in black and white, but that’s exactly what this line of thought is. “Leaders” who are incapable of critical thought  and just “read the teleprompter” are a bad thing.

I don't disagree, but expecting wing leadership to buck a SECDEF directive is some higher-level fantasy thinking. 

2 hours ago, FLEA said:

Let's take all of the assumptions in your first paragraph to be true, then that order wouldn't be a lawful order because it lacks military neccesity. All orders have to have military neccesity, regardless of the context. 

That's a pretty high bar to clear. What about off-limits locales in town? Double hearing protection required? Reflective belts? Flu vaccine? Buddy requirements downtown on a TDY? E-4s and below can't drive cars? We have to work on Sundays, my holy day of rest?

That's all really subjective. Ordering a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic doesn't break the noise threshold in terms of military necessity. This vaccine for this virus looks like a gross overreaction in hindsight. Sort of like the anthrax vaccine. Or smallpox for that matter. But here we are, and those who chose to disobey what's pretty plainly a lawful order, should get a handshake, a litho, and a DD-214.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Waingro said:

That's a pretty high bar to clear. What about off-limits locales in town? Double hearing protection required? Reflective belts? Flu vaccine? Buddy requirements downtown on a TDY? E-4s and below can't drive cars? We have to work on Sundays, my holy day of rest?

That's all really subjective. Ordering a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic doesn't break the noise threshold in terms of military necessity. This vaccine for this virus looks like a gross overreaction in hindsight. Sort of like the anthrax vaccine. Or smallpox for that matter. But here we are, and those who chose to disobey what's pretty plainly a lawful order, should get a handshake, a litho, and a DD-214.

what about CONTINUING to order a vax that is PROVEN to not be effective?

the military member is NOT protected by taking this vax. how about that?!

this is a pure MONEY GRAB by big pharma....a industry that only a few years ago was the target of the left, but MAGICALLY now is the medical jesus of all leftists and "critical thinkers"

• Like 2

[mention=77334]Waingro[/mention] Cutting off the nose to spite the face is all that is. This wasn’t a refusal to go to war and do their jobs. Leaders and problem solvers don’t blindly think in black and white, but that’s exactly what this line of thought is. “Leaders” who are incapable of critical thought  and just “read the teleprompter” are a bad thing.

Being potentially not deployable to certain locations is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

On 5/21/2022 at 12:44 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

Being potentially not deployable to certain locations is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doesn't matter the vax has been proven to not work. the requirement should be dropped immediately. if other countries have a problem with that then maybe we shouldn't be "deployed" there in the first place

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

what about CONTINUING to order a vax that is PROVEN to not be effective?

the military member is NOT protected by taking this vax. how about that?!

this is a pure MONEY GRAB by big pharma....a industry that only a few years ago was the target of the left, but MAGICALLY now is the medical jesus of all leftists and "critical thinkers"

The strange punctuation and capitalization of random words gives your post somewhat of a National Enquirer feel. Good stuff. 

Anyway, the vaccine has not been proven to lack efficacy. I'm not going to bother asking you to cite a source, because I know you can't. But in the spirit of facts, here's my source.

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

doesn't matter the vax has been proven to not work. the requirement should be dropped immediately. if other countries have a problem with that then maybe we shouldn't be "deployed" to their in the first place

You might have a point, wanting the requirement to be dropped. But until they drop it, it's still an order, a lawful one at that. We don't get to cherry-pick which lawful orders we follow. Otherwise we could just call them suggestions. 

And in a strange turn of events, we also don't get to decide what countries we deploy to. I kept telling my last commander that we should deploy to Tahiti, but it fell on deaf ears and we ended up in Afghanistan. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2