COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

On 4/15/2022 at 11:39 PM, slc said:

and CONUS military bases?  are we still doing that?  Currently deployed and "out of the loop"

I’ve seen masks come back and forth 6-9 times at CONUS bases since Covid started.  Utter clown show.  At an unnamed base in Texas, there was a policy that you couldn’t go TDY if you weren’t boosted. That quickly got squashed.

As for the airline mask mandate, TSA works for Biden, most of his supporters are huge fans of mask mandates.  In some weird way many feel that they are doing some philanthropic good by forcing everyone to wear the cloth on the plane and public places.  Probably the same people that wear it outside or alone in their car, you know, the ones that have it on for their Facebook picture.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

Jeebus help the airport police, aircrew, FA's, and gate agents.  

Aircrew’ll be fine. There’s gonna be some backlash from a good chunk of the FAs though (if this sticks). I never minded them enforcing the mandate (decision was made above their paygrade) but holy shit some of them got pretty over-zealous about it. Won’t miss some of the preflight spiels about masking between sips, bites, etc. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

Masks on planes are done. 

Appears airlines are running with this ruling. Will be very difficult for the Biden admin to put the genie back in the bottle at this point. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

Aircrew’ll be fine. There’s gonna be some backlash from a good chunk of the FAs though (if this sticks). I never minded them enforcing the mandate (decision was made above their paygrade) but holy shit some of them got pretty over-zealous about it. Won’t miss some of the preflight spiels about masking between sips, bites, etc. 

the FAs can always wear N95 masks if they’re really worried and believe that masks work.  Or they can just refuse to fly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

My response was more along the lines of these folks having to deal with the ruling today and the potential delay in an actual TSA/FAA/Whoever decision on what rules/laws are being followed.  There are daily videos of people getting thrown off planes or fights from these stupid masks.  

38 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

Masks on planes are done. 

I know you like a good bet…over/under on the increase of pre-departure altercations caused by the Branch Covidians trying to deliver street-mask-justice for the non-believers of the recycled Hanes skid mark underwear mask?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Delta, United, Alaskan and American no longer have mask requirements. TSA will not enforce requirement either. 

That sure as shit took about 69 seconds to drop, haha. My in-laws were flying home today. OMA-ATL- mask. ATL-JAN- no mask!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The fact that the Biden admin isn’t appealing the judge’s decision to stop the mask mandate means they know they would lose, the masks don’t work, and/or it’s not popular to do so.

Sad that it’s taken so long for a majority of the American public to get to this point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HossHarris said:

Pretty simple…somebody sued the federal govt and/or cDc and/or TSA and/or Dot and won. 

Yeah I get that, I'm more confused how a single federal judge (there are 1700+) can overrule the executive branch thereby reversing nationwide policy. And if all we had to do was find a single federal judge who didn't like the rule and sue in that court why tf did it take this long. 

27 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Yeah I get that, I'm more confused how a single federal judge (there are 1700+) can overrule the executive branch thereby reversing nationwide policy. And if all we had to do was find a single federal judge who didn't like the rule and sue in that court why tf did it take this long. 

I’m surprised you’re confused— judges did this numerous times to overturn various POTUS policies during the previous administration.

The reason it took so long in this case is psycho democrats enabled by an aligned media and risk-averse doctors did all they could to stop it.  Make no mistake: masks were always ineffective and the science never said otherwise.  This was political all along.  Some of us are taking a bit longer to figure that out.

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Just curious, is your confusion new or has it always been there regarding a single federal judge’s ability to strike down a federal law/rule?  Reason I’m asking is because this has been happening as long as I’ve been following politics and I’m kind of old.

As for why did it take this long, who knows.  If I had a guess it’s because of the standard bureaucracy of our government, but I’m sure it also has to do with the mood of the country, the timeline of the mandates, etc.

17 hours ago, Prozac said:

Appears airlines are running with this ruling. Will be very difficult for the Biden admin to put the genie back in the bottle at this point. 

This feels like a Berlin Wall moment.  Way too much momentum to change it back and if they try, by the time they do, data will probably show no difference.  Someone will probably show the executive branch, "look, the people are happy," change it back and you will lose elections.   

• Upvote 1