COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

It’s sniffles and coughs now. It’s all a clownshow now - all this mask business. Everyone just making shit up like an elementary school game when for most people, covid is not a factor, never was a factor, and is sufficiently protected against - also - it’s their choice to do as they see fit for their OWN protection.

Clownshow Example: Amex lounge DFW…. Get a whole warning from front desk about the rise in cases (not deaths) from the all powerful OMICRON, and how I need to wear a mask bla bla bla. If you’re eating (have a plate of food on your table)…. No hassle from the employee being the gestapo looking for violators when you don’t wear a mask. BUT! If you don’t have a plate of food, but are instead holding a cup of coffee and taking sips while talking to your group of people surrounding your table….. you get hassled for not wearing a mask and told to wear it and replace it between sips of said liquid.

Zero sense. Zero critical thought. 100% clownshow, sheep, fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 10

On 1/28/2022 at 12:53 AM, Prozac said:

Merely shedding light on the fact that many here are willing to accept these institutions as the gold standard in their day to day without batting an eyelash, yet throw them under the bus when it suits their political agenda. The point seems lost on more than a few. 

That’s a bit of hyperbole.   We aren’t FORCED to buy/use anything.   But now we are for these mandated experimental vaccines.    

it’s not a double standard when we actually have the freedom to pick and choose what we want to put into our bodies.    

• Like 1

Many of you have seen the topic of the recent F35 crash being discussed, along with statements supposedly made by the pilot right before he ejected that he was having chest pains.  As skeptical of everything that has to do with the vaccine as I am, even I thought the reporting on this was BS hyperbole.  Until about 30 minutes ago, that is. . .  I commanded an F/A-18 squadron in the 2007-2010 time frame, and a good friend of mine who was also a Hornet squadron commander and Airboss afterwards just called to tell me that he heard the unedited PLAT tape with his own ears, and before ejecting the pilots says: "I'm experiencing sudden and intense chest pain as if someone hit me in the chest with a baseball bat. Fucking vaccine!"  Again - even though I'd seen reporting along these lines over a week ago, I discounted it as BS.  But it's not. . .  UFB!

anyone see this?

Made up, or some truth?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 6:20 AM, bennynova said:

Many of you have seen the topic of the recent F35 crash being discussed, along with statements supposedly made by the pilot right before he ejected that he was having chest pains.  As skeptical of everything that has to do with the vaccine as I am, even I thought the reporting on this was BS hyperbole.  Until about 30 minutes ago, that is. . .  I commanded an F/A-18 squadron in the 2007-2010 time frame, and a good friend of mine who was also a Hornet squadron commander and Airboss afterwards just called to tell me that he heard the unedited PLAT tape with his own ears, and before ejecting the pilots says: "I'm experiencing sudden and intense chest pain as if someone hit me in the chest with a baseball bat. ing vaccine!"  Again - even though I'd seen reporting along these lines over a week ago, I discounted it as BS.  But it's not. . .  UFB!

anyone see this?

Made up, or some truth?

Smells funny. Like Indian food and diapers. 

"stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average". - Johns Hopkins Institute for Applied Economics, Global Health, and the Study of Business Enterprise

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

This is the guy that runs the city with some of the strictest COVID mandates in the world. 

Just like Newsom (CA Gov) who was at the Rams/Niners game without his mask on…plenty of other examples of hypocrisy from the left when it comes to stupid covid measures.

• Upvote 2

F*cking hypocrites. It is a shame that such an amazing place to live (CA) has been turned into this terrible state due to leftist policies that idiots guided (I'm assuming) solely by their emotions, enact. 

Thank God the CA universal healthcare didn't make it through...

... Until next year. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

While ridiculous, it's no more ridiculous than the people I see on a daily basis wearing masks outside by themselves. 

My favorite is the people riding bikes or,  ...I saw this a couple weeks ago...., SKIING while wearing a surgical mask.  --"Tell me you have a mental disorder without telling me you have a mental disorder."

It's no more ridiculous than the kid I saw at my son's baseball game two nights ago wearing an N95 while playing CENTER FIELD.  His dad said he wished his son would take off his mask, at least outside, but that "he doesn't feel safe without his mask."  Holy $hit.

It's no more ridiculous than my kids still being mandated to wear cloth masks all day in school, when the CDC has finally admitted (what anyone with a brain knew all along) that cloth masks do nothing.

WLOFMs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

While ridiculous, it's no more ridiculous than the people I see on a daily basis wearing masks outside by themselves. 

My favorite is the people riding bikes or,  ...I saw this a couple weeks ago...., SKIING while wearing a surgical mask.  --"Tell me you have a mental disorder without telling me you have a mental disorder."

It's no more ridiculous than the kid I saw at my son's baseball game two nights ago wearing an N95 while playing CENTER FIELD.  His dad said he wished his son would take off his mask, at least outside, but that "he doesn't feel safe without his mask."  Holy $hit.

It's no more ridiculous than my kids still being mandated to wear cloth masks all day in school, when the CDC has finally admitted (what anyone with a brain knew all along) that cloth masks do nothing.

WLOFMs

I wouldn’t do any of those things, and I’m against mandates. But who cares if someone wants to wear a mask on their own? I saw it all the time in Japan pre-pandemic and no one cared. I don’t understand the rage it causes. Just like I don’t understand the rage not wearing a mask causes. 

Why can’t people just do what they want?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, MCO said:

I wouldn’t do any of those things, and I’m against mandates. But who cares if someone wants to wear a mask on their own? I saw it all the time in Japan pre-pandemic and no one cared. I don’t understand the rage it causes. Just like I don’t understand the rage not wearing a mask causes. 

Why can’t people just do what they want?

Agree 100%.  It is fundamentally about the mandates.  The rage is because people cannot just do what they want.

We're supposed to, stupidly and for no reason at this point, wear a mask on base.

My kids, likewise, are forced to wear one at school for no reason. 

As soon as the mandates go away, I'm good.  Other people can wear whatever they want.  I know many people will, while ironically claiming to "follow the science," continue masking no matter what.  That's fine.  Just leave me out of it.

My story about the kid in center field is just to highlight the mental impact.  Billy can do whatever he wants.  I just find it sad, and an indication of the larger problem that all the people chanting "it's just a mask, what's the big deal???" aren't understanding.  Billy is wearing a mask because he's developed an irrational fear.  Nothing I can do about it at this point, except advocate for lifting of the mandates so more kids don't think they need a mask... while outside.... and while double vaccinated.... and while healthy with no underlying conditions.

For the people wearing cloth or surgical masks that still think it offers them protection, I actually like it.  It let's me know right away that they're really stupid.  Goes with the "...here's your sign" skit.  So I'm oddly in favor of that sort of self identification continuing. 

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

Agree 100%.  It is fundamentally about the mandates.  The rage is because people cannot just do what they want.

We're supposed to, stupidly and for no reason at this point, wear a mask on base.

My kids, likewise, are forced to wear one at school for no reason. 

As soon as the mandates go away, I'm good.  Other people can wear whatever they want.  I know many people will, while ironically claiming to "follow the science," continue masking no matter what.  That's fine.  Just leave me out of it.

My story about the kid in center field is just to highlight the mental impact.  Billy can do whatever he wants.  I just find it sad, and an indication of the larger problem that all the people chanting "it's just a mask, what's the big deal???" aren't understanding.  Billy is wearing a mask because he's developed an irrational fear.  Nothing I can do about it at this point, except advocate for lifting of the mandates so more kids don't think they need a mask... while outside.... and while double vaccinated.... and while healthy with no underlying conditions.

For the people wearing cloth or surgical masks that still think it offers them protection, I actually like it.  It let's me know right away that they're really stupid.  Goes with the "...here's your sign" skit.  So I'm oddly in favor of that sort of self identification continuing. 

Except, you were literally just complaining about other people's independent decisions.

"My favorite is the people riding bikes or, ...I saw this a couple weeks ago...., SKIING while wearing a surgical mask. "

Like MCO said, people in Japan have been wearing masks in public long before covid. You're complaining about mandates - yet you seem to feel pretty strongly about what choices other people make for themselves. Odd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, Waingro said:

Except, you were literally just complaining about other people's independent decisions.

"My favorite is the people riding bikes or, ...I saw this a couple weeks ago...., SKIING while wearing a surgical mask. "

You're complaining about mandates - yet you seem to feel pretty strongly about what choices other people make for themselves.

Your first and third paragraphs assert two different things.  The latter is close to correct, just replace "yet" with "and"

I am complaining about mandates, absolutely.

I am not complaining about people wearing surgical masks skiing, biking, etc.  (In fact, I said I was oddly in favor of it.)

People were reacting to the picture of the band member with the hole in her mask, and I felt like pointing out that there are many common examples of mask practices that are equally insane, despite not having a literal hole in the mask.

Does that mean I "feel pretty strongly about what choices other people make for themselves?"  Sure.  I have opinions.  Everyone does.  You'll notice, however, that I never suggest that my opinion means anyone else has to be mandated to do something.  In fact, I wrote "Other people can wear whatever they want."

• Upvote 4